About this rental
Rooms & beds
Bedrooms: 3(Sleeps: 6)
tub · bidet · Toilet · shower
Toilet · shower
- No Smoking
- Satellite or cable
- Washer & Dryer
- Children Welcome
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- 50% refund if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 30 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 6
- The Ferry is large, but it is an historic home and should not be confused with an event space. Please do not not expect to host large parties.
- The floors are made of Douglis Fir and are relatively soft. Please do not wear sharp shoes or drag any of the furniture. Also the roof is off limits.
- Please respect the peace and quiet of the neighbors in the Harbor.
Cleaned with disinfectant
Minimum 1-day vacancy between guest stays
Check in and check out with no person-to-person contact
All towels and bedding washed in hot water that’s at least 60ºC/140ºF
High-touch surfaces cleaned with disinfectant (like countertops, light switches, handles, and faucets)
Hosted by Chris or Nate TellisAsk a question
About Chris or Nate Tellis
The Tellis family adopted the City of Seattle in 1956, when we discovered her beached and abandoned along the Vallejo estuary. We brought her back to Sausalito, fixed her up, and in various configurations we have been living here for the past 55 years. The boat is now owned and maintained by Chris Tellis and Isabella Kirkland who live at the other end the boat. Both of us have careers in the arts and environment. We love living on the water and are delighted to be able to share this magical setting with others from around the world.
Why Chris or Nate Tellis chose Marin County
I have lived on the Sausalito waterfront since 1953. There is no place like Sausalito and southern Marin Couty. Even after seven years on the East Coast and two years in London and various other watering holes, I could not imagine living anywhere else. The Bay Area provides the perfect synthesis of intellectual stimulation and sybaritic diversion. I love New York, Europe and Asia, but in the end I would always want to come back to the water here in Sausalito, Chris Tellis
What makes this House boat unique
Living on an majestic ship, surrounded by history and beautiful wood, watching the sailboats, the harbor seals, the pelicans and migrating birds, there is nothing like this anywhere else. With the quiet of the Ferry, you feel you are miles away, yet just out the window is a water wonderland and a short drive away is one of the world's great cities. It is astonishing that a place can feel so removed yet be so close to a cultural epicenter.
- english, spanish, Japanese