Cozy Waterfront Getaway 90 Minutes from Washington, D.C. or Richmond, Va
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
The Cottage at Captain's Watch is a fully restored early 1900s 2 bedroom cottage directly on the water and beach in Colonial Beach, Virginia. The cottage provides two bedrooms, the first with one queen bed and the second with two twin beds. All the amenities you will need are provided to enjoy a week or a long weekend in the beautiful Northern Neck of Virginia. Just bring your toothbrush and change of clothes. We provide everything else - linens, towels (bath and beach), inn quality bath soaps, shampoos and lotions, Our kitchenette is equipped with a 4 burner stove top, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, blender and 2 counter height refrigerators with separate freezer in one. All dinner, glassware and cooking utensils are provided as well. High speed Internet and satellite TV with HBO, Showtime, Sports Network and more.
We are located within a short walk (10 minutes or less) of many town amenities which include:
• Beautiful Thai/French restaurant on Monroe Bay (The Lighthouse);
• Gourmet grocery store and oyster bar (Denson’s Grocery and R&B Oyster Bar );
• Coffee shop\cafe where all the locals hang out (Tattle Tales Cafe);
• Unique gourmet shop where cooking classes, breakfast lunch and dinner are sometimes served (Tides Inn Market);
• Chinese restaurant with take out (Hunan Diner);
• Beach front Tiki bar with a full service indoor restaurant with live music on the weekends (The Black Pearl at High Tides);
• Fully equipped gym (River Gym);
• Catholic, Baptist, Methodist and Episcopal churches;
• Several antique shops and art galleries in town for your enjoyment (Jarret Thor Fine Arts).
• Two marinas with transient docking (Bayside Marina and The Boat House Marina).
Within a few minutes or a short drive are;
• Full service Marina with transient docking, full time mechanic and gas (Colonial Beach Yacht Center);
• A second outdoor tiki bar and full service indoor restaurant with live music on the weekends (Blue Heron Pub and Dockside Restaurant) located on the Colonial Beach Yacht Center property;
• Street legal golf cart rentals are available in town (Beach Cart Rental);
• Pizza (Papa Johns, Dominos, Ledos);
• Cab service (Davis cab);
• Historical sites are a short drive away as well (Stratford Hall, Wakefield, Christ Church, Fredericksburg, VA);
• All of Washington D.C is about a 90 minute drive away.
The Cottage and the main house, “Captains Watch” share the same property.
There is NO SMOKING or pets permitted on the property (house and yard) and no more than 4 guests are permitted on the property and/or cottage at amy time.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 700 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Pier Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
Galley kitchen with 4 burner stove top, 2 counter height refrigerators, micro-wave, blender, coffee maker, toaster, all cooking utensils and dishes, bowls, coffee mugs, glasses and wine glasses...moreless
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 30 - Oct 1, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Cleaning $50 + tax
- Tax Rate 5%
Payments 100% refundable when reservation canceled minimum of 30 days before check-in.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Full service marina located in town about 1 mile from the cottage. Street legal Golf cart rentals are available in town.
The Captain's Cottage
Washer and Dryer
The Beach at your doorstep
The Captain's Watch
The Captain's Cottage front
Kitchen 2nd refig
Front View 2
Front Porch View
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.