For a relaxing get away in the beautiful lake surroundings, this private retreat offers something special - a timber frame house on Lake Oconee with charming floor plan, open staircase to loft master bedroom/master bath with vaulted wood-beamed ceilings, and lake views from loft, great room, and deck. As we and many others have found, this is a great place to enjoy family, friends, and peace and quite.
Property includes 150 feet of shoreline on a quaint cove just a few paddles from the main lake, providing serenity and easy access to the deep waters. The water at the dock is 4-5 feet deep, accommodating any-sized boat allowed on the lake.
Lake Oconee is in Georgia's lake country, on I-20, about 50 miles east of Atlanta and west of Augusta. For an idea of cottage location on the lake, you can map Sugar Creek Marina, which is a stones throw away: 353 Parks Mill Road Buckhead, Georgia 30625.
The cottage has three (3) bedrooms [two having a queen bed and one having a large double-sized bed], and a pullout couch in family room, for sleeping a maximum of eight (8). The backyard and neighborhood are also conducive to tenting outside.
- Beginning summer 2013, with the installation of the common-areas tile flooring, we will allow pets with a fee.
- If you are interested in boarding your pet nearby, instead, we've heard good things about the Harmony Pet Resort. You could check your pet out for a day of boating, etc., and back in after the outing before returning to the lake house. The boarder is in a cute little shopping village.
- Cable TV, DVD/VHS, Wi-Fi, Fireplace (wood), Fully equipped kitchen (dishes, cooking utensils, dishwasher, etc.), Washer/Dryer, Linens and towels, A/C, etc.
- Over 100 feet of lake shoreline in quaint cove (connects to large cove connected to the main lake; perfect for peacefulness, privacy, kayaking, canoeing).
- Dock (accommodates all boats)
- Rudementary old fishing gear (live bait at Sugar Creek Marina)
- Campfire pit
- Lawn and woods for tenting - small hiking trail to private bridge over stream in the woods.
- Foreman electric grill - for use outside or inside, on pedistal or without, on counter.
- Charcoal grill
- Gas grill - likely works with new gas tank; a previous guest may have left a tank in recent visits, but bring own to be safe, though still no guarantee that works.
- Sugar Creek Marina (2 blocks away - groceries, fishing gear, gas, fishing tournaments, etc.)
- Public boat launch at end of street (includes picnic tables and parking ($3/day or park car at cottage)
- Boat rental (+tow options including waterskiing, tubing)
- Personal watercraft rental (jet skiing, wave runners - enquire for list of rental companies)
- Movie theater (8 screens) with upstairs bar/restaurant and many neighboring restaurants
- Groceries at nearby Sugar Creek Marina (more at Publix grocery store ~10 minutes away)
- Restaurants (various, from southern mom & pop to Mexican to hibachi/sushi to seafood to steakhouse)
- Golf (numerous award-winning public, semi-private, and private courses)
- Tennis (public courts or rent pass from local courts)
- Shopping: (antiques, boutiques, spas, etc.)
- Kayaking (bring your own or rent)
- Swimming/Beaches (in lake or, possibly, day pass to local pools - will provide contact info)
- Biking (bring your own or rent)
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fishing (off private dock at cottage; in area such as at park at public boat launch at end of street; tours/excursions)
- Hunting (local gun clubs/ranges and tours)
- Antiquing (historic Madison, Eatonton, Greenville)
- Hiking/Walking/Jogging (long peaceful streets and many public parks around the lake)
- Horseback riding
- All-terrain vehicle and off-road truck rentals
[Also available for long-term lease]
Keywords: Cottage, Cabin, Lakehouse, lake, home, house, country, Oconee, Sinclair, Georgia, Atlanta, Augusta, Athens, Eatonton, Greensboro, Greensborough, Milledgeville, Madison, Buckhead, Dock, Fish, Boat, Ski, ATV, Horse back riding, Reynold's Plantation, Ritz, Publix, Sugar Creek Marina