Tranquil Lake House on Oconee(35 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Cottage, 3 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 6-8)
Property includes 150 feet of shoreline on a quaint cove just a few paddles from the main lake, providing serenity and easy access to the deep waters. The water at the dock is 4-5 feet deep, accommodating any-sized boat allowed on the lake.
Lake Oconee is in Georgia's lake country, on I-20, about 50 miles east of Atlanta and west of Augusta. For an idea of cottage location on the lake, you can map Sugar Creek Marina, which is a stones throw away: 353 Parks Mill Road Buckhead, Georgia 30625.
The cottage has three (3) bedrooms [two having a queen bed and one having a large double-sized bed], and a pullout couch in family room, for sleeping a maximum of eight (8). The backyard and neighborhood are also conducive to tenting outside.
- Beginning summer 2013, with the installation of the common-areas tile flooring, we will allow pets with a fee.
- If you are interested in boarding your pet nearby, instead, we've heard good things about the Harmony Pet Resort. You could check your pet out for a day of boating, etc., and back in after the outing before returning to the lake house. The boarder is in a cute little shopping village.
- Cable TV, DVD/VHS, Wi-Fi, Fireplace (wood), Fully equipped kitchen (dishes, cooking utensils, dishwasher, etc.), Washer/Dryer, Linens and towels, A/C, etc.
- Over 100 feet of lake shoreline in quaint cove (connects to large cove connected to the main lake; perfect for peacefulness, privacy, kayaking, canoeing).
- Dock (accommodates all boats)
- Rudementary old fishing gear (live bait at Sugar Creek Marina)
- Campfire pit
- Lawn and woods for tenting - small hiking trail to private bridge over stream in the woods.
- Foreman electric grill - for use outside or inside, on pedistal or without, on counter.
- Charcoal grill
- Gas grill - likely works with new gas tank; a previous guest may have left a tank in recent visits, but bring own to be safe, though still no guarantee that works.
- Sugar Creek Marina (2 blocks away - groceries, fishing gear, gas, fishing tournaments, etc.)
- Public boat launch at end of street (includes picnic tables and parking ($3/day or park car at cottage)
- Boat rental (+tow options including waterskiing, tubing)
- Personal watercraft rental (jet skiing, wave runners - enquire for list of rental companies)
- Movie theater (8 screens) with upstairs bar/restaurant and many neighboring restaurants
- Groceries at nearby Sugar Creek Marina (more at Publix grocery store ~10 minutes away)
- Restaurants (various, from southern mom & pop to Mexican to hibachi/sushi to seafood to steakhouse)
- Golf (numerous award-winning public, semi-private, and private courses)
- Tennis (public courts or rent pass from local courts)
- Shopping: (antiques, boutiques, spas, etc.)
- Kayaking (bring your own or rent)
- Swimming/Beaches (in lake or, possibly, day pass to local pools - will provide contact info)
- Biking (bring your own or rent)
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fishing (off private dock at cottage; in area such as at park at public boat launch at end of street; tours/excursions)
- Hunting (local gun clubs/ranges and tours)
- Antiquing (historic Madison, Eatonton, Greenville)
- Hiking/Walking/Jogging (long peaceful streets and many public parks around the lake)
- Horseback riding
- All-terrain vehicle and off-road truck rentals
[Also available for long-term lease]
Keywords: Cottage, Cabin, Lakehouse, lake, home, house, country, Oconee, Sinclair, Georgia, Atlanta, Augusta, Athens, Eatonton, Greensboro, Greensborough, Milledgeville, Madison, Buckhead, Dock, Fish, Boat, Ski, ATV, Horse back riding, Reynold's Plantation, Ritz, Publix, Sugar Creek Marina
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2010
- 1500 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 6
- Children Welcome
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Health/Beauty Spa
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Lake View
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Fireplace
- Catering Available
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 1 - Aug 31, 2017
1 night min stay
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning $150 + tax
- Pet Fee $75 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Tax Rate 12%
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Some old fishing gear. Marina stocked with gear, groceries, gas, etc. just 2 blocks away. Public boat launch at end of the block. Nearby stores: groceries, movie rental, pastries, etc. ATV rentals nearby.
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: We purchased the property in 2007 and have enjoyed it a lot since, as a family and with friends, and many guests have done the same.
Why the Owner Chose Buckhead, GA, USA:
The location in a cover of the lake allows lake living (views, boat access to 'main' lake, etc.) with more peace and quiet then being right on the main lake. Guests also enjoy not having to worry about the lake (river aspect) currents when it comes to swimming/wading, and having their boats docked without bumping around.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
While there are nice neighbors around, they visit their places rarely for the most part. The rear of the house is in a hilly terrain with many trees, so there is a bit mountain-retreat feel, at the water. Privacy is high for sunbathing, just relaxing inside or on the deck, in the yard, or on the dock, etc. The Marina being across the lake is easily accessible by boat or car over the Parks Mill bridge, for groceries, fuel, and gear. The cove that the house is on is calm, which is ideal for docking and heading out in motor boats, and for canoeing and kayaking. Also, the Sugar Creek public boat ramp is within a half mile, for very convenient launching, and there are grassy areas, picnic tables, and restrooms, there, on the main lake, right across from the Marina.
- Primary: +1 7707150580
View from the Dock (4-5 ft depth accommodates all boats)
Roomy Deck - Gates Available for Keeping Children or Pets
Kitchen - all included...plates, pots, pans, etc. provided
Staircase to Loft/master Bedroom
Additional loft view showing bed and wood-paneled vaulted ceiling.
Looking away from the end of the drive down the street.
Another view of the lake, down the street
Relax or fish at dock, or venture out by your or a rental boat/ski
Downtown Madison, GA ~ 20 mins. drive - one of multiple local antebellum towns
A view of Lake Oconee from down the street.
First-Floor Master bedroom.
Second First-Floor Bedroom
Upstairs Loft/master bedroom having its own bathroom.
Upstairs loft bathroom with shower.
Sugar Creek public boat launch @ next to neighborhood, w docks & picnic areas.
Another lake pic
Gabys By the Lake public restaurant - Ritz ~ 15 mins by car, ~ 25 mins by boat.
View from the dock looking away from the water in the fall.
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Friday, April 28, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.