Waterfront Farmhouse with Pool Awaits Friends & Families(16 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:Farmhouse
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Farmhouse, Waterfront, In- Ground Pool, 3 Bedrooms, 4 Baths, (Sleeps 6),
This 1865 farmhouse and property can be your piece of paradise. Enter this unique property from the mile long, private, tree-lined driveway. With over 170 acres of field, woods and water, this summer get-away will be remembered for years. We are fully licensed with Talbot County for Short-term rentals.
• The FARMHOUSE -pine floors with oriental rugs, original oil & watercolor paintings, antiques and family favorites, makes the atmosphere to this 1865 farmhouse inviting and comfortable. Enjoy your private in-ground pool with outside shower & changing house. Relax on the many porches where views bring the water and horse pastures into the home at every turn.
• OUTDOORS - Talbot County is known for biking on the wide, flat roads through quaint towns of St. Michaels, Easton, Trappe & Oxford.
Tennis Courts, Golf Courses, Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, Academy of the Art Museum & the Easton Airport are all close by.
• WATER - Access to the waterfront is best through private properties, such as this one, where a canoe, kayak & row boat await you. Bring your fishing gear to fully appreciate the Choptank River. A crab pot is there for your use.
• WILDLIFE - Abundant wildlife surrounds the farm: Bald Eagle, Osprey, endangered Delmarva Fox Squirrel, Red Fox, Red Tail Hawks, Great Horned Owls, Hummingbirds & Fireflies in the meadows, just to name a few. Blackwater Refuge is a short 20 min. away.
• ENTERTAINMENT - with antique shops & restaurants in Easton, St. Michaels, Oxford & Cambridge, many delights can be found. Movie Cinemas are in both Easton & Cambridge.
• TRAVEL - Go to the Ocean or Washington DC...just 1.5 hrs. away in any direction will take you to our Nation's Capital or the Atlantic Beaches of Rehobeth, Bethany, Dewey and Ocean City.
• AIRPORTS - Large private jets fly in to the Easton Airport. Cambridge Airtport is close by just 10 minutes away. BWI and Reagan National Airports are only 1.25 hrs. away.
Keywords: Private Pool, Country home, Waterfront, Estate, House, Friends & Family, Farmhouse, Cottage, Pool, Farm, Water, Canoe, Kayak, Crabbing, Estate
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- 2300 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 6
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Queen size Beds (2), Twin or Single Beds (2)
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Ping Pong Table
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Pier Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room
- Catering Available
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 26 - Sep 9, 2017
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $125
- Pet Fee $100
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
- Tax Rate 10%
Out of Country processing fees will be paid by Guest.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Farm is protected with the Maryland Environmental Trust: miles of walking in fields and woods. Private creek off of Choptank River.
ON THE WATER: Explore the Choptank River aboard these larger vessels: The Skipjack Nathan of Dorchester, the Choptank Riverboat (a paddlewheel vessel) or the steamboat Cambridge Lady Cruises. Fishing charter boats are also available for the sportsman.
BOAT RAMPS: 5 min. away at the Trappe Landing,
GOLF: Hog Neck Golf Course in Easton is a nationally-ranked public golf course 15 min. away. The Hyatt Regency in Cambridge (10 min. away) is also nearby and open to the public
YMCA: With a modern YMCA nearby with tennis courts, a climbing wall, work out & weight rooms rooms and 2 indoor swimming pools, you're sure to find the workout you're looking for.
TENNIS: In addition to the YMCA, there are public tennis courts in Easton and Oxford.
Year Purchased: 1982
About the owner: We're a family of 3 who love the open spaces and waterways of the Eastern Shore. Native Marylanders, we have lived here for over 30 years.
Why the Owner Chose Trappe, MD, USA:
This unique farm is central to 3 towns, yet you quickly relax when you enter our world. The feeling is so tranquille that you won't want to leave!
The Unique Benefits at this Farmhouse:
The quiet, screened-in porches for dining or reading your favorite book, allows Guests to totally relax. When outside adventure calls, the Pool is most popular. With a canoe, kayak and rowboat at the dock, Guests enjoy our private creek for fishing, crabbing or birdwatching (including Eagles along the creek0. But the most amazing part is the wide open space with stunning views across the fields and water. Come see why people fall in love with this area.
- Primary: (410) 476-3472 (Maryland, USA)
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Entrance to Farmhouse, Circa 1865. Tin Roof & Yellow Clapboard w/ Boxwood
Aerial view of Farmhouse, pool, dock, pastures and fields.
Spacious, Well-Appointed Kitchen Includes Counter Seating for 3. Waterfront View
Cozy TV/Satellite/DVD Viewing Room. Seats 6 comfortably. Next to Kitchen & Porch
Sitting room with Couch & Chairs next to fireplace.. View of Water.
Shaded, Waterfront Porch to relax on Chaise Lounge. Summer Breezes under trees.
Master Queen Bedroom with Adjoining Private Bath Suite. Waterfront View..
Shaded Queen Guest Room with Antiques and Pine Floors.
Private 1 mile Lane welcomes Guests thru Woods & Fields to Waterfront Farm.
Concrete In-ground pool from 3-10'. Pool House is 150 yrs. old.
Dock view of Creek looking S. to Choptank River. Boats & Crab Pot for your use
Kitchen with bank of Windows, Counter & Mud Room. View of Pool & Horse Pasture.
Dining Room with Waterfront View. Sitting Room & Fireplace share this view.
Custom Office with WiFi. Bright room, large fireplace & wooden beams. Water View
Water view with Casual Dining for 6-8 in Screened-in Porch. Next to Kitchen
Custom, Master Bathroom has Views of the Water, Pool & Pasture. (Washer/Dryer)
Corner Twin Bedroom with private Bath. Views of Waterfront & Dock.
Bikes are ready from Tykes to Adults.
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Friday, May 19, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.