There is no better place to count your blessings. Lay in the hammock or swing on the porch while you experience this magnificent mountain view. Play in the woods or hike down to the waterfalls! The many trails on the property are accessible from your private covered porch. Enjoy moonrise from the hot tub after spending your day shopping in Saluda, Asheville, or Hendersonville, horsing around at TIEC or FENCE, or visiting the Biltmore House.
We are nestled into 70 acres of mixed hardwood forest amid creeks, waterfalls and trails. Easily accessed from North Carolina's I-26 or from historic US 176, this 500 square foot 2 bedroom, 1 bath cabin by Cottages of Dark Corner is minutes from excellent biking, fishing, hiking, scenic drives, kayaking, live entertainment, and fine dining. The Pout House is stocked with basic household supplies, soaps and linens for your comfort and convenience. This cottage is located on a gravel drive, easily accessed by car. 4WD isn't necessary.
This cottage is:
• 2 miles from Downtown Saluda, great restaurants, live music, shopping
• 2 miles from The Gorge Zipline Saluda
• 2 miles from Green River Tubing Saluda
• 25 mins (20 miles) to Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
• 45 mins (45 miles) to Greenville-Spartanburg Airport (GSP)
• 10 mins (11 miles) to Hendersonville city center
• 2o mins (18 miles) to Tryon International Equestrian Center
• 18 mins (14 miles) to Foothills Equestrian Nature Center
• 15 mins (9 miles) to Flat Rock Playhouse
• 35 mins (35 miles) to Asheville city center
This cottage can be used in combination with two other cottages on our property for your reunion retreat or other larger gatherings; cottages are isolated from each other but can easily be reached on foot or by car. Amy is a knitwear designer and teaches knitting and crochet all over the US, Contact us if you'd like to schedule a learning weekend here in the woods!