Luxury Home, Best Location: Near Gg Park. 2200sqft, Parking, Yard, Kid Friendly!
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-5 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
This Edwardian house is surrounded by Golden Gate Park, the Pacific Ocean, Lincoln Park, and the Presidio, with easy transportation (buses 5, 31, 38, 2, 1, 29) to every corner in the city and beyond. Only half a block to Golden Gate Park – a 3 minute walk to most event sites. It's 1.5 miles to Ocean Beach (Cliff House). It has easy access to Academy of Sciences, Botanical Garden, Japanese Tea Garden, De Young Museum, Lands End, Baker beach, Legion of Honor, the Presidio, the San Francisco Zoo, Downtown, Coit Tower, Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Lombard St., Chinatown, Japantown, and more! The house is within walking distance to many restaurants and grocery stores and local produce and fish markets.
The house has 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 1 playroom (could be set up as the 5th bedroom), 1 formal dinning room, 1 huge living room, fully equipped kitchen, a sunny back yard, and a laundry space. Total 2200 sq. ft. It has original period gumwood and built-in furniture, a fast Internet connection, big movie screen with HD home theater projection system, a fire place, Wolf stove with built in grill for BBQ, a huge collection of books, and nice and helpful neighbors. Driveway parking is available.
This single-family house is also very kid friendly. We have stair blockers, high chairs, baby utensils, hundreds of children books, toys, many kid’s corners, a large black board, a painting easel and supplies, home theater for entertainment, and a sunny and safe backyard for play. A Pack-n-Play and a stroller are available upon request.
Setup is as follows:
* Master bedroom: King-sized bed with a high-end memory form mattress. Private full bathroom. Reading corner. Home theater with a big movie screen, Blue Ray player, HD data projector with surround sound. Iron with ironing board and printer in the adjacent office space.
* 2nd bedroom: Queen-sized bed with the best possible mattress. Reading corner. Awesome red wood tree outside of the window.
* 3rd bedroom: A new and fun loft bed (enclosed on 3 sides to keep those kids who like to roll nice and safe) and a single-sized mattress on the floor underneath. This room is for kids or two single adults.
* Sunroom / 4th bedroom: A double-sized futon bed with an extremely comfortable innerspring futon. Has 4 windows with the beautiful redwood tree view outside.
* The downstairs playroom can be set up as the 5th bedroom if needed.
Comfortable beddings are provided.
* Master full bathroom: Newly remodeled. Large bathtub, separate walk in shower, TOTO Washlet (once you try it you’ll never go back!), operable skylight.
* 2nd full bathroom – kid’s bathroom: Shower over bathtub. TOTO Washlet.
* 3rd half bathroom: Conveniently located on the main floor. A toilet and a sink.
Shampoo, conditioner, soap, toilet paper, hair dryer, towels (three sizes), are all provided.
* Kitchen: Recently upgraded. All top appliances including a new dishwasher, a WOLF stove with built-in grill for BBQ, a 36 inch refrigerator, Breville microwave and toaster ovens, blender, coffee maker. All kitchen utensils and equipment provided. There is an island between kitchen and dinning room to create a big open space. This well-lit kitchen has everything you need for a quick snack or a gourmet dinner.
* Dinning room: The dinning table can be extended to sit more than 10 people. The built-in furniture contains all the little things you would need for a home, including a First Aid kit and stationary.
* Living room: TV and DVD player. Comfortable sofa sets. Kid’s corners. An extensive collection of books for readers with a wide variety of interests and at all levels.
* Laundry area is right off the kitchen with a top of the line LG front-loading washer & drier. Laundry soap provided.
* Driveway parks one car. Street parking is seldom a challenge.
* Backyard has vegetable boxes and chairs. Safe for kids to play and great for adults to enjoy a cup of coffee and a newspaper.
* Keyless lock – No worries about getting or losing the keys.
* Free hi-speed Wi-Fi is included.
* The house is a no smoking, no pet property. No worries about pet or smoke allergies.
* Extensive local tips provided: Restaurants, attractions, detailed resources for kids, super markets, etc.
6-8 people can stay in great comfort. All of the details have been carefully considered to make this your home away from home in San Francisco.
The Neighborhood: Richmond District is one of San Francisco's most desirable and safe neighborhoods. It is filled with a mix of Edwardian and Victorian houses. It is a wonderful, lively place. We recommend hanging out at the Sunday morning farmer's market on Clement Street; walking through the so-called “New China Town”: Clement St. and Irving St.; eating out at wonderful restaurants at Geary Blvd, Clement St. and Balboa St.; walking to Golden Gate Park, the Presidio (Baker beach), Land’s End, the Ocean Beach (Cliff House), and many nearby attractions. Locals are friendly, approachable and laid back.
Keywords: San Francisco luxury home, kid friendly, 3+ bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, parking, yard, WiFi, home theater, close to Golden Gate Park, walk to attractions and restaurants. Fully equipped. Corporate rental.
Please also check out our Sonoma house at: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3651917.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2009
- 2200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- We have a total of 4 bedrooms with 5 beds upstairs - Master bedroom has a king sized bed. Bedroom #2 has a queen-sized bed. Bedroom #3 has a single loft bed and a single-sized mattress on the floor. Bedroom #4 was converted from a big sunroom and it has an extremely comfortable futon bed. We can add memory foam pads to the playroom to make the 5th bedroom if needed. Good quality beddings provided....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Summer weather: Often cool. Sometimes the house is surrounded by the famous San Francisco fog. We have two sets of heating systems to keep the house warm. Easy access to public transportation: Buses #5, #31, #38, #2, #1, #29 all only short walks away. Communication: We speak English/Japanese/Chinese and can be easily contacted by phone or email for anything including local tips. Contact info, instructions of using equipments, authentic local restaurant guide will be provided for your convenience. Driveway parking is available for one car....moreless
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player:
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Nude Beach
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Seating for 10 people
- Activities Guide
- Alarm Clock
- Alarm System
- Basic Soaps
- Clothes Dryer:
- Filtered Water
- Gas Heating
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Lawn / Garden
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Aug 11 - Aug 14, 2017
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 6 guests; add $75 per night, per additional guest
Oct 6 - Oct 9, 2017
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 6 guests; add $75 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Rates are based on 6 guests; add $50 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Cleaning fee $225
- Tax Rate 14%
For more than 6 persons, $50 will be charged per person per night.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Golden Gate Park: walk 1 min (Bluegrass festival, Summer events, Botanical garden, De Young Museum, Academy of Science, Japanese tea garden, Rose garden, lakes, Conservatory of flowers, playgrounds and tennis courts, Buffalo paddock).
Pacific ocean: drive 5 mins (Large beaches, The Cliff house, Sutro Baths, the Beach Chalet).
Land’s End (the best spots and trial to see Golden Gate Bridge): drive 4 mins.
Legion of Honor/Golf: drive 4 mins.
Presidio (Golden Gate National Park): drive 3 min (Baker beach, Crissy field, Museums under the Bridge…).
New China towns (Clement or Irvine): drive 4 mins or walk 15 mins.
Restaurants (Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Indian, Vietnamese, Russian, American, Italian, Ethiopian…) : walk 5 to 10 mins.
Japan town, China town, Marina, Castro, Hayes Valley, Haight Ashbury, Golden Gate Bridge, Zoo, Moscone Convention Center are all short drives...
Downtown: Bus 20 mins (Fishman’s wharf; Union square, cable cars…).
Easy access to Napa, Muir Wood, Monterey, Yosemite, Tahoe...
Other Activities: Shopping, local events, sightseeing, eating, relaxing.
This neighborhood can be a good vacation base comparing to others, it has below benefits:
1) Surrounded three sides by Golden Gate Park, Pacific Ocean, and the Presidio. There are many wonderful attractions nearby: Japanese tea garden, Botanical garden, Science Museum, De Young Museum, Cliff house, Sutra bath, Land's end, Baker beach, Golden Gate Bridge.
2) It's very quiet and safe comparing to downtown. Parking is easy everywhere.
3) It's very easy to get to downtown (Bus #5, #31, #38, #29 right nearby).
4) There are several interesting streets, Clement st. and Irving st. (so called new China towns), Geary blvd, Height st. etc. Walking along those streets can be very interesting.
5) There are all sort of restaurants in the neighborhoods, some are the best in SF.
Year Purchased: 2002
About the owner: We are a family with three little kids. We've been living in this area for a very long time and we love here. We are sharing our local info with guests.
Why the Owner Chose Central Richmond, San Francisco, CA, USA:
Great location. Close to Golden Gate Park, the Presidio, the ocean, and it's very easy to take buses to go to downtown. The house is spacious, has a lot of wood inside, very comfortable.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Close to Golden Gate Park, beaches, the Presidio, Lincoln park, Land's end; walkable to many restaurants in Geary, Balboa, Clement, and Irving st. Buses run every other street (#5, #31, #38, #2, #29). Fresh air from the ocean. Parking available. Beautiful back yard. Laundry in house. Home theater. Free-WiFi. Spacious. High-end beds and bedding. Top appliances.
- Primary: +1 4159394331
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Warm home - dining room and play room. Dinning table can be extended.
Fully equipped kitchen with WOLF stove.
From kitchen to dining room, open space.
2nd bedroom: a new queen sized bed with the best mattress.
4th bedroom: a full-sized futon bed with an extremely comfortable futon.
Newly remodeled master bath with a TOTO Washlet.
Comfortable chair in master bedroom.
Electric piano in living room.
Bench under the redwood tree.
California Academy of Science.
Palace of fine arts.
Spacious living room.
Kitchen with all top appliances. Washer/dryer right nearby.
Master bedroom: a memory foam mattress, king sized bed. Private bath.
3rd bedroom: a new and fun loft bed and a single mattress on the floor.
Play room - Sunroom. Can be set up as the 5th bedroom.
2nd full bathroom - kids bathroom, with a TOTO Washlet.
Reading corner in the beautiful sunroom (4th bedroom) with the redwood tree view
Washer and Dryer in unit - next to 3rd bathroom.
Rocking chair can be converted to hammock.
Japanese Tea Garden.
De Young Museum.
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Monday, December 05, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.