11/27-12/03 * Specials * Fantastic * Walkable * Neighborhood * 2-4+ Bdrms Avail
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-5 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
* If you can, CALL or EMAIL ANYTIME FOR SPECIALS. : )
Let's talk about your group & rates.
* If you do not need all 4 bedrooms, I simply lock one or two to keep your rate down.
You still have run of the house. No one else will be there.
* Wonderful home located on the edge of Downtown Austin in the Historic Clarksville neighborhood. Clarksville is well established, very safe & walkable.
* Renovated Craftsman Style home originally built in 1940. Fun, eclectic & Austintacious!
* Fantastic location in the Heart of Austin, right off 6th Street east of Loop 1 (Mopac)
* Great neighborhood with great neighbors. I have lived here over 19 years.
I have been renting my home to Travelers for over 9 years already! Time flies!!
* Thanks in advance for being respectful of my neighbors and property.
* Exceptional Very Close Proximity To:
- Fantastic Restaurants
- Music Venues
- Grocery Stores
- Hike & Bike Trail is at the end of my street! Goes all around Lady Bird Lake!
- Austin Convention Center
- South Congress (SoCo ... Lots of Austintacious Shops, Fabulous Restaurants & Music).
- Barton Springs (Spring Fed, Take the Hike & Bike Trail at the end of my street)
- University of Texas
- Austin Community College
- Texas State Capital (Has Tours)
- Downtown Business District (Got business? Stay here and have fun too!)
- Wedding & Reception Locations
- Amy's Ice Cream (Entertaining place to get ice cream for adults & kids)
- Zilker Park (Train for kiddo's! Festivals!! Take the Hike & Bike Trail at the end of my street)
- Botanical Gardens
- Fantastic Tennis Courts
- Deep Eddie Pool (Spring Fed, can take the Hike & Bike Trail at the end of my street)
- Lady Bird Lake (Rent SUP, kayak's, canoes, bikes, etc. No powerboats on this lake)
- Lake Austin (The Hula Hut Restaurant is right on the water, there is a Boat Launch)
- Whole Foods (Started in a garage in Austin! Their HQ Store is right down the street)
- Spa's, Health Clubs & Salons
- 6th Street (LOTS of Music Venues, Restaurants & Shopping)
- The Warehouse District (4th Street area with Restaurants & Music)
- 2nd Street (Restaurants & Shopping)
- Fresh Plus (My favorite neighborhood grocery store = small)
- Nau's Pharmacy (Vintage Diner with old fashioned gifts & candy)
- and the list goes on ... basically you are in the middle of it all !
HAVE FUN PLANNING YOUR TRIP TO AUSTIN! FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME ANYTIME WITH QUESTIONS. IF I MISS YOUR CALL, PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE AND I'LL GET RIGHT BACK WITH YOU. EMAILS ARE TYPICALLY ANSWERED PROMPTLY. SEE YOU SOON! : )
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2008
- 2200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 2 Half Bathrooms
- Location, location, location is the main amenity . . . add a wonderful home in a historic neighborhood . . . and you have the ingredients for a great trip to Austin! ingredients for a fantastic visit to Austin! Home features separate central air and heat units for upstairs and Large kitchen opens to large dining, opens to large living, opens to large formal living. Nice open floor plan! Just about everything you want or need a walk, short cab or bus ride away (there is a bus stop at the end of my street). There is also art exhibited on the walls and around the house available for sale by Austin artists. You will find paintings, photography and sculpture....moreless
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Music Library:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer:
- Covered Parking:
- Filtered Water
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Sofa Bed
- Thermos Bottle
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- 4 Ring Stove
- Catering Available:
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Garbage Disposal
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Ice Maker
- Lobster Pot
- Pantry Items:
Bring your bike! The hike and bike trail very close! Bicycles are available for rent on Barton Springs Road. There are also 'Smart Bikes' around town. There are no bikes on the property however. ...moreless
- Deck / Patio:
- Deck Furniture
- Fully Fenced Property
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Grill:
Pool / Spa
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 27 - Dec 3, 2016
3 night min stay
Mar 8 - Mar 21, 2017
5 night min stay
Rates are based on 3 guests; add $100 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 3 guests; add $50 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $150 + tax
- Pet Fee $50 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 15%
* Austin is fun anytime of the year!
* If you are coming during non-event times please contact me to receive the best rates.
* Stay 7 nights & get the 7th night for FREE!
* I rent by the number of people and the number of bedrooms needed. I simply lock bedrooms you don't need to keep your rate down:
2 people with 2 Upstairs Bedrooms: $295 per night
3-4 people with 3 Upstairs Bedrooms: $345
4-5 people with the 3 Bedrooms Including the Master Suite: $395 per night
6-8 people with 4 Bedrooms Including the Master Suite: $495 per night
**Special Events extra such as: SXSW, ACL, F-1 are $595+ PER NT**
Manager's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting manager when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
* Location, location, location
* Wonderful, eclectic home in a historic neighborhood
* Ingredients for a fantastic stay in Austin!
* Please contact the owner directly to discuss rates and to reserve this
The City of Austin cares about it's residents and wants to insure that our communities are happy and peaceful. Therefore, they have enacted a rule that any more than 6 unrelated guests are a violation of City Code. My home's maximum capacity is 8 people. S so if there are more than 6 guests, at least 2 of them must be related.
Other Activities: Shopping, Dining, Dancing, Music, Swimming, Hiking, Kayaking, Canoeing, Stand Up Paddle Board, Bicycling, Boating and much more.
Year Purchased: 1997
About: * LOVE Austin! * Photographer & Media Producer who also Represents Musicians. * Austin supports Independent Businesses and I enjoy working in this format. * Owner & Manager of de'peacock Vacation Home ; ) * Enjoy meeting my guests when possible and making sure your stay is comfortable.
Why Clarksville, Austin, TX, USA:
* Please contact me directly to reserve my home for your group at the best price. * Owned my home since 1997 * It has been a bit of an art project for me. * It is eclectic and Austintacious! * It is located in one of the most desirable downtown neighborhoods in Austin. * Clarksville is very safe and well established. * Everything Austin is VERY close by!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
* You will feel like an Austinite while staying at my house. * It is fully equipped and includes a lot of art and music. * This is not just any house ... it is quite unique and fun! : )
- Primary: (512) 970-9024 (Texas, USA) If I miss your call, please leave a voice message
Links to more information:
Front View w/ Carport
Welcome to your Austintacious entry way! : )
Spacious entry living room with half bath. : )
Nice, roomy main living area ... opens to formal living, office and dining room.
Nice office area between living and master downstairs with WiFi and a futon.
Roomy master bath has separate shower and bathtub, as well as two sinks. : )
Lots of counter space and cabinets in the large, equipped kitchen. : )
Comfy King sized bed upstairs can be made into two twins if needed. : )
Upstairs 'world room' has queen sized bed and full sized fold out mattress. : )
Upstairs, colorful full bathroom : )
Slider rockers on the back porch with lumbar support! : )
Take a dive into Barton Springs pool. \There is a hike/bike trail at my street!
Fun front porch to enjoy morning coffee or tea.
Nice to sit on the front porch in the mornings for tea or coffee
Downstairs half bath off entry living room. : )
Comfy main living area with art, television, stereo and CD's available. : )
Large master bedroom with comfortable pillow top mattress. : )
Nice, large, fully equipped kitchen has new stainless steel appliances. : )
Dining room opens to kitchen and main living area.
Upstairs bedroom can either have twins or put together with a topped for a king
Upstairs Bedroom with New Sealy Pillowtop Mattress! : )
Nice, green private backyard ... fully fenced. Ceiling fan and misters on porch
Oasis' in the city ... Barton Springs Pool and Deep Eddy Pool are spring fed!
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 01, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.