About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
House, 3 Bedrooms + Loft, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 9-11)
This property is a log cabin on a private beach on Lake Island Pond. The location is perfect for any of the activities that the Northeast Kingdom has to offer. Island Pond is a two mile by one mile lake surrounded by private homes and a state park. The backyard is the lake, and across the road is Brighton State Park.
The village of Island Pond is at the other end of the lake. There are a variety of shopping and dining options. If you desire more extensive options, you can drive 20 minutes to Newport or Burke in Vermont, or 30 minutes to New Hampshire or Canada.
Island Pond is the Snowmobile Capital of Vermont, and has an extensive network of well maintained trails. Moose are frequently spotted on many of the roadsides. Other wildlife include deer, bear and game birds. Fishing is out the back door, or at any of the numerous other ponds, lakes and rivers in the region. Burke Mountain is a 20 minute drive for great family skiing. Motorcraft are permitted on Lake Island Pond, and it is a wonderful location for canoeing and kayaking as well.
The house has a main floor with living room, dining room, full kitchen, full bath and a bedroom with a queen bed. A lakeside deck adds lounging space. Upstairs is another bedroom with a full bed and a twin bed. There is also a loft with a full futon and a game area. Downstairs walks out to the beach, and has a full bath with laundry facilities. There is a full bed and a queen bed. Full linens are provided, and house cleaning is available.
*** Please inquire prior to making an on-line reservation to open communications with me (the owner) and save yourself VRBO's on-line reservation fee. ***
Keywords: Log cabin, Snowmobile, boating, fishing, hunting, Island Pond
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within two days
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 10, 2018
This is a family vacation property which is offered for rental most of the year.
Owner purchased this House in 2008
Why Owner chose Island Pond
We fell in love with the area after renting a camp for snowmobiling. It offers so many outdoor activities that we can enjoy as a family. This home caught our eyes as it had all the comforts of home and then some!
What makes this House unique
The beach and lake are great for kids. The beach is visible from the house, so kids can play in the sand by the hour. The water is shallow for a while, making it ideal for small children. The snowmobile trail is at the end of the driveway, and offers groomed routes to the entire VAST system, or Canada and New Hampshire.
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Wonderful and cozy log cabin in a beautiful part of Vermont!
Our family had such a great time! The weather was quite rainy that weekend but we were able to enjoy their beautiful home and enjoyed every bit of sunshine we did get while we stayed there! It was such a treat to be able to bring our dogs too and to be right on the lake was the best! Great time relaxing, hiking, kayaking, and enjoying some good quality family time! Lisa was great- always answered all of our questions and made sure our Mini vacation was going to be the best it could be!
What a delightful place. Was just what our family wanted in a vacation home. The grandchildren loved it. Great sandy beach and perfect for young swimmers. The view was so beautiful from the many windows. The deck was roomy - a lovely spot to watch the sunset or have your morning coffee. Owners were wonderful to deal with. House had everything we needed. Just a perfect spot!
LOVE the area and the fireplace! This house has all we need!
I have just sent my deposit in for our 3rd trip here. I have 7 children and dogs and Grandma comes on vacations with us also! We love it there! Hubby and one son snowmobile so they love that. I love hanging in front of the fireplace and reading and decompressing!!!!! The basement is perfect for the kids to have their own space while my older daughter is happy to have the upstairs bedroom away from her brothers! lol
Location is great, but the house is just ok
My family had a great week in Vermont, and the location was awesome: on the water, near town. The house itself, while very clean upon arrival, didn’t live up to expectations. We were a party of 10 – a party of four or six would probably have a better time. This place needs new beds, a properly outfitted kitchen and laundry room, and routine maintenance. More information is needed about the house in advance and on site. If improvements were made, we would consider renting again.
- There are no written instructions for the house, so you end up wandering around a bit looking for things, some of which you will find, some of which you will not find.
- The contract says you are responsible for the trash, but there’s no info about where to take it (and we forgot to ask). We ended up giving the cleaning crew $20 to take it out for us. Where is the transfer station, its hours and what must be recycled?
- Light sleepers will struggle in this house. The basement bedroom and loft are particularly noisy places to sleep. The first floor and second floor bedrooms are ok.
- The beds are soft and noisy.
- We had to replace a battery for the smoke alarms. Don’t the owners replace the batteries on a regular schedule of maintenance?
- There were not enough plates and bowls for a party of 10. We were running the dishwasher after every meal and sometimes hand washing mid-meal.
- There was no laundry detergent, dishwasher soap, or dish soap. We had to go buy these things.
- There was no functional can opener - again, we went out and bought one. I wasn’t surprised that the knives were cheap and wouldn’t cut anything (we brought our own, of course), but the lack of a functioning can opener?
- The basement sink drain was partially clogged.
- There is no cellular phone service (unless you have AT&T).
- There is no internet service. The library in town has wifi, 24-7.
- There is no outdoor grill
- The coffee maker supplied will make just a couple cups of coffee at a time.
- The stove top is ancient and heats very unevenly. Watch out for burned pancakes.
- The beach has great sand and is shallow, but it turns mucky quickly. I suggest you bring water shoes for any serious swimming.
- For our week, the raft was unusable because one barrel was full of water. A note left said that "repairs were in process", but for the entire week, no one came to the house to retrieve the barrel and take it away to fix it.
- The canoe has a broken thwart
Our family has enjoyed a week at this location for the past three years and plan another week of fun for 2015! With a sandy beach just out the door, a clear lake for swiming, fishing and boating and plenty of room for all of us ~ it is perfect! I can enthusiastically recommend this property but be sure to save a week in July for us!
This place is paradise.
This is a fabulous family place!!! Lots of parking area. What a perfect beach and so much of it! Lawn has plenty of room for games. Lots of choices for sleeping. Dog friendly, YEAH! The deck is big and great for sunny and rainy days. We look forward to staying there every year and make many family memories there!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
First payment is due 60 days prior to rental. VRBO does not allow me the option to modify that field. Please inquire for prices of stays other than two or seven nights. Again, VRBO will not let me customize. Thank you for your interest.