The Village of La Jolla the Sea Dahlia - Circa 1910 -
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Welcome to The Sea Dahlia, circa 1910, our summer home in the heart of old La Jolla and the last of a dying breed. We rarely rent our home - perhaps once a year, so this is a wonderful opportunity to live in the Village of old village of La Jolla. Park your car and enjoy a leisurely vacation walking to dinner, the beach and even the movies. We have been off the market for almost a year and only got back into it recently. Rebuilt 2007 our 2400 square foot, 4bedroom, 2 1/2-bath two story cottage has spacious ten foot ceilings. Architecturally emulating the ambience of an earlier, quieter era of village life, it's a local landmark and simply invites neighborly chatting for most people who walk by. Spend a half hour on our patio and you will see what we mean. The Sea Dhalia's very existence is somewhat of a surprise to passersby and the 'micro climate' under our Magnolia used to be a stopping point for Depak Chopra nature walks. The center used to be across the street. A beautiful old fountain on the corner creates a certain indefinable but comfortable ambience of, 'je ne sais quoi…' On a corner lot, The Sea Dahlia feels open, sunny and uncrowded. Privacy is assured because the first floor is well above the sidewalk. Brand new dual pane Anderson windows with divided lights insure our home is quiet. Downstairs has six-inch wide solid oak flooring in the living/dining area. A brand new lighted four hundred square foot patio, with gas grill is sure to be a place where the family migrates in the evening.
A block from La Jolla Tennis Club and the La Jolla Recreation Center, your children, and you will not want to be watching movies, DVD's and playing videos games - though all are available at no extra cost. If you stay seven or more nights you will have membership rights at La Jolla tennis club and we shall provide enough rackets for your entire party.
Park your car. There is simply no reason to drive once you arrive. We are a ten minute walk from five beaches, coastal hikes along the shore or along the cliffs afford stunning views. Bikes paths abound if you are a bit more adventurous. We have two children's and two adult bikes.
You can dine at a different restaurant every day. The best Sushi of La Jolla is a one minute walk from our home. There are great, free concerts on Sundays at the La Jolla Cove....and a gourmet grocery store is just one block away. Our home is in the best location for being in the village of La Jolla.
Our garden has all kinds of edibles. But you are welcome to whatever produce is ripe when you are here; from spinach to nectarines; apples and oranges.
And we shall leave all our swim gear and bikes and whatever else for your use. Our home has new berber carpet, so no food or drink in the upstairs.
Keywords: craftsman turn of the century; elevated above the street. Beautiful garden, fruit trees, fountain, magnolia. Quiet village street. La Jolla Village, Village of La Jolla, La Jolla.
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
- 2500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- King size beds (1) large master bedroom with a Cal King bed, Queen size Beds (1) Large guest room. Light and airy. Sout and west facing windows. Great for morning sun., Twin or Single Beds (2) Great for young people. South facing windows. Great morning sun, Baby Cribs (1) We can provide a crib. But please give us notice as we do not keep a crib on site., Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) This is a queen size bed. It is new and comfortable....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Game Console
- Video Games
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jet Skiing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 10 people
- Gas Fireplace
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Catering Available
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
Deck / Patio:
The patio is large, with new furniture. And it is in the front yard. It is a nice place to relax and watch the world go by. Passersby are very friendly and curious about our home and the garden....moreless
- Lawn / Garden:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,500
Please do not try to negotiate this rate as it is a very very good rate. We want you to have a great time. If you would like something less expensive we understand. We only have this one home to rent.
Cash or check - due upon booking. If you have to cancel there is no refund unless we can rebook and then we will return your payment. The $1500 damage deposit will be returned.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 5 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Car: Not Necessary
tennis, basketball, ping pong, foosball, and even a weight room are one block away at the recreation center. Walk to the beach, museums, the village for shopping, fresh seafood, coffee shops. free concerts at La Jolla Cove in the summer. La Jolla Cove is one of the nations top snorkeling destinations where you will also see many brown pelicans, cormorants, seals and sea lions.
Year Purchased: 1998
About the owner: We chose this particular location because even at a very young age the children could walk one block to the park, the village, and the beach by themselves. They can also go to lunch, and walk to camp independently, even at the age of 9. We hope that you enjoy our home as much as we do and that you might even want to come back one day. The patio is just enough above the street and that you can feel comfortable having a evening meal as the sun sets and the world walks by.
Why the Owner Chose Village of La Jolla, San Diego, CA, USA:
We like to live close to where we have fun and relax. Our home is the best of both worlds, it is spacious but city close to everything a person could possibly want to do. We have a garden, a patio, and our downstairs is very comfortable. We are close restaurants, beaches, bike paths, museums, and parks.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
1. 2500 SF home in the village with parking. Bedrooms are comfortable, light, large and easy to sleep in. 2.Walk to concerts at; The Athenaeum, the presbyterian church, the La Jolla Cove and the Neurosciences Institute. Walk to swimming and snorkeling every day in the summer. International destination spot - La Jolla Cove, one of the top snorkeling locations in the United States and a Marine Reserve, is a few blocks away. One block away is a recreation center / park which has a half dozen tennis courts, play areas for small children, and basketball. Since walking to several beaches is an option we don't have to put up with the trying to park near the beach in the summer. The temperature is almost always perfect so we can always get fresh air. Good restaurants, friendly neighborhood, nearby library, great coffee shops, a good farmers market on Sundays. Beautiful hikes along the cliff edge. Tell us what you like to do and we will set up some nice days for you. If you are lucky... ten foot waves. (They are rare) But lots of small little beaches. You can go to a new one every day. It's fun to sit on the patio, as people walk by all day and admire all the gardens, the fountain etc. In fact, many people walk down the street just to see the garden and at night our glass globes light up our great big magnolia tree. Outside, on warm nights, turn on the barbecue and have dinner on our outside patio as you watch the world go by! You immediately make friends because people stop all the time to compliment our home and tell how much they like the gardens....they often go out of their way on their walks to pass by our home.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
A unique 2500 SF turn of the century home in Old La Jolla Village. Walk anywhere
Our favorite magnolia provides shade and cools the house.
Explore hidden reefs and discover sea life. five beaches are in walking distance
Afternoons on the deck are a wonderful way to spend some time.
Master bedroom is large and comfortable. All bedrooms are upstairs. Private.
Dining outside is simple on our patio surrounded by flowers and shaded.
Upstairs full bath
The fountain attracts people and birds all day.
A perfect afternoon picnic spot at La Jolla Cove. Seals, Sea Lions and pelicans.
Large kitchen accommodates the whole family.
View from the kitchen.
Our View from the master bedroom
Living room, fireplace, mantle, porch out the door.
Dining room from Living room
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
- Property typeHouse
Request to book
- Response time Within a few days
- Response rate 40%
- Calendar last updated 04/21/2016
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Travel with peace of mind.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.