Etta's Suite, a large studio is located upstairs, has the following:
• Hallway entrance
• Queen bed
• En-suite bath
• Sitting area
• Eat-in kitchen
• Directv/Free WiFi
• Suitable for a couple - 2 small well-behaved children are welcome
• Sorry, no pets
We promote a quiet, relaxing and convenient-to-everything environment for our guests.
Please do come to discover our charming suites in a home proud of its past, yet considerate of modern amenities and conveniences.
About Etta Egeland's home:
The home was originally built by Sheriff Newt Jones in 1895. Sheriff Jones was responsible for ordering the only hanging ever performed in San Juan County. He was 28 at that time. Ask Carol about this fascinating story.
Etta Egeland moved in during the 1960's. She was born in a log cabin, raised on San Juan Island and the founder of the San Juan County Historic Society.
She had a strong commitment to preserving the history of the San Juan Island and I have tried to stay true to her vision during the restoration. Ask me to share some delightful stories from Etta's family.
The home is a restored 1895 Prairie Victorian San Juan Island Home located in the New York Time's recommended Number 2 destination in the world to visit!
The home's interior is brimming with traditional Victorian charm and original building details such as the staircase banister, moldings, original fir flooring and the exterior patterned shingles.
The Property Details:
* Etta's Place Suites - a Boutique Hotel style vacation rental accommodations with 3 available suites; each with separate entrances accessed through a main hallway.
* If you have need for a larger family or couples that enjoy separate spaces you could occupy two or all three suites, I do have a discounted rate for combining units.
* Etta's Place is conveniently located in downtown Friday Harbor; only 4 blocks from the San Juan Island ferry landing so it is cost effective to leave your car at the Ferry Landing in Anacortes, then just walk on to save the higher ferry rates and long waits during the summer!
*The town's historic restaurants and shops are all within a short (1-2 blocks) walking distance of Etta's Place.
* Several modes of transportation are easily available to get around on our 10 mile wide by 22-mile long island.