Welcome to YOUR home away from home. Apartment 1103 in Playa Azul building #2 is a beautiful, newly renovated, fully furnished, one bedroom one bath apartment that is just the right size for a couple or for a group of up to 4 people. The apartment is on the 11th floor, and has beautiful views of Playa Azul Beach and El Yunque Rainforest.
I am a photographer and artist. When I redesigned the apartment, I wanted to create the feel of a home & art gallery. I also wanted to create a space that was similar to some of the more expensive suites that you might find in nearby resorts like Conquistador or Westin Rio Mar.
Attention to detail is important to me. Therefore, I have included many unique features in the apartment for you to enjoy during your stay. For instance, the floors are made of exquisite Italian ceramic tile, and are reminiscent of the floors in old world Spanish or Italian country homes. I designed the floor of each room different from the next. I have adorned the walls with lots of my own original photographic art work which I periodically change. The photographs are primarily of locations that you might visit during your stay in northeastern Puerto Rico. The curtain rod in the living room and the shower curtain and towel rods in the bathroom are hand cut bamboo from local forests.
The apartment also has all of the usual amenities that you might expect in the Playa Azul Complex, and some extras: plenty of towels and sheets, pull out queen size futon sofa couch which can sleep two additional people, new queen size bed and furniture in the bedroom, 30” flat screen television with cable service and built in DVD player. And for those of you who have a hard time unplugging from the outside world, the apartment also has a high speed WiFi connection.
The apartment is within sight of a cellular tower, so your cell connection should be very strong. Building #2 is also recently renovated, and is very well maintained. The hallways, lobby areas and garbage rooms are kept in exceptional condition. I installed a new clothes washer and dryer combo. Most apartments in this complex require their renters to do their laundry at a local laundromat. So, this unusual feature is convenient for medium and long term renters, and for those of you who travel light and periodically need to wash and dry your clothes. There is an AC in the bedroom. There is no AC in the living room, but it is is quite comfortable most of the time because the winds flow throughout this space.
In short, apartment 1103 has a very warm, personal and inviting atmosphere to it. It is designed to be YOUR home away from home at a reasonable price. Enjoy!
To see many more photos of the surrounding area, click the 'Portfolio of Images of Surrounding Area' link at the bottom of this listing.
Please remember to write a VRBO Review after your stay is over.
Some of the other features of Apt. 1103 include:
- Overlooks picturesque Playa Azul beach and world famous El Yunque rainforest.
- Walking distance to other famous, stunning beaches: Luquillo Beach, La Pared, La Selva.
- Fully equipped kitchen, including: garbage disposal, microwave, toaster oven, electric stove/range and lots of utensils.
- 30” flat screen TV w/ built-in DVD player.
- WiFi high speed internet, upon request.
- Cleaning service, upon request.
- 11th floor amazing beach and rainforest views.
- Air conditioned bedroom with new queen size bed and furniture and large closet space.
- Large pull out futon sofa.
- Ceiling fans in all rooms with lots of breeze through the windows and front door.
- 24 hour building security.
- Balcony with clothes lines to hang garments and towels.
- Boogey board, beach chair.
- Gated complex with 24-hour security guards.
- Lots of parking, $20 parking fee good for 30 days.
- Tennis court, heated pool, basketball court, racketball wall.
- Family friendly children’s playground, baby pool, tennis courts, basketball court.
- Beautifully grounds.
- Ping pong table in recreation room.
- Walking distance to supermarket, restaurants and three world class beaches.
Attractions within 15 minutes by walking:
- Playa Azul Beach (swimming, snokeling, picnics)
- Luquillo Beach (jet skiing, kayaking, ethnic dining along Rt. 3.)
- La Pared Beach (swimming, surfing)
- Town of Luquillo (shops, dining, church, surf shop & rentals)
- Supermarket, fast food restaurants, drug store/pharmacy, bank, gasoline stations.
Attractions within 15 minutes by car
o Bioluminescent bay eco kayak tours.
o Sailing and diving in Fajardo bay, Icacos and Palominito.
o El Faro, period style lighthouse tour.
o Movie theater, Wal-Mart, supermarket.
o Ferry to Culebra and Vieques islands.
o Seven Seas Balneario public beach.
o Conquistador Resort.
- Rio Grande
o Horse back riding in rainforest and beach.
o Westin Riomar resort.
o Entrance to El Yunke Rainforest.
- El Yunque Rainforest
o The only rainforest in the US National Forest Service, and the oldest forest reserve in the western hemisphere.
o Guided tours.
o Water falls, fauna and flora tours.
Attractions within 45 minutes by car
- Isla Verde
- Old San Juan
- Luis Munos Marin International Airport and car rental services
- city of Humacao
- Palmas del Mar Resort
- Dorado Beach Resort
Keywords: Beach front condo