Beautiful Covered Patio- 2 Blks to Zilker Park, 2 Mi to Downtown - King Bed!
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-5 nights
- Property type:Condo
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
The Treehouse has 2 bedrooms, 1 bath plus an extra sink and vanity in the master. There is a king size bed in the master and a full size bed in the small 2nd bedroom.
The open living/dining room features vaulted ceilings, floor to ceiling glass panels in the dining alcove and opens to a nice covered treetop patio with a view over the rooftops to the park beyond. There are 2 gas grills shared by 3 properties in front of the building. Enjoy the 42' HDTV with DVD in living area and an Ipod docking clock radio in the master bedroom. We have many DVD's, games and books for adults and kids alike. The kitchen is fully stocked with everything you need to cook a full meal or you can grind our locally roasted organic coffee beans for a cup of coffee while you get ready to go out. Besides coffee, we offer a variety of tea, organic sugar, Splenda and enough 1/2 & 1/2 to get you through at least your first morning.
This 3rd level condo (ONLY HALF FLOOR WALK UP with parking right in front of the stairs), in a small 6 unit complex, is located less than two blocks from Barton Springs Pool, the Hike and Bike Trail and Zilker Park. Walk to Chuy's, Shady Grove, Austin Java Company and several other local Austin favorites. Cab fare to downtown 6th street area is only $10 or Lyft and Uber drivers are usually around the area.
For more information about our other vacation rentals, call or email us. We have received fantastic reviews and comments - let us show you why!
Barton Springs Pool in Zilker Park: We are located about two blocks from the single best swimming pool in the universe, Barton Springs. Located in the heart of Zilker Park, use our beach towels and enjoy the spring fed, chlorine-free waters of this over 1/8 mile long watering hole. Also enjoy the hike and bike trail, boating on the river, frisbee golf, the Nature Center, the Botanical Gardens, the playground and the train for the kids or a picnic on the great lawn.
Downtown Austin!: I'm sure you've heard of the madness on 6th Street, but certainly don't miss out on the sights, sounds and eats on South Congress, 2nd Street, 4th Street and then West 6th Street!
Higher rates apply for ACL, Formula One and SXSW. See rates page.
City of Austin License #007841. We support responsible registration.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
all hours are fine
Member since: 2010
- On floor 3
- 787 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
We have a high chair, booster seat, pack n' play, floor mat and bed side rails available upon request and subject to availability. Walking distance to city's largest playscape, Zilker Zephyr Train, Barton Springs pool, kayaks and canoes, great lawn, Nature Center, etc... for the kids....moreless
- Non Smoking Only:
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- One large bedroom furnished with a comfy KING pillow-top bed. The smaller guest room has a double bed and there is a double size pull-out couch in the living area with memory foam mattress as the third sleeping option. We also have a 6' mattress pad for an extra person to use on the floor and bed side rails to keep toddlers from falling out of the bed, available upon request and subject to availability....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- This is a 'Hollywood' bathroom, with closed access from the master bedroom as well as the main hallway. There is separate vanity that can be closed off from the main toilet/shower area. Tiled shower, vanity and flooring. There are plenty of towels, including beach towels for trips down to Barton Springs. We have hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, bar soap, make up removal wipes and lotion supplied for you....moreless
- This has been many people’s personal favorite for one reason: the view. There’s nothing like waking up every morning and feeling the sun shining through the floor-to-ceiling windows in the living room while you sip your coffee and contemplate the day. It literally feels like your up in a treehouse. The covered patio has comfy furniture to enjoy the fresh air and view from also. This unit features two bedrooms and a “Hollywood” bathroom, which has a second sink/vanity in the Master Bedroom that can be closed off from the main bathroom. This is the perfect place for a family coming to enjoy what Austin has to offer or could house up to three couples for a music festival or a weekend out on the town. There is one king bed, a full-size bed in the smaller second bedroom and a full-size pullout couch bed in the living area. The kitchen is fully equipped with all the essentials, such as coffee maker, coffee & grinder, water boiler, Britta filter, toaster, blender, cookware, etc....moreless
- Books For Kids
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Botanical Garden
- Coin Laundry
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access:
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer:
- Filtered Water
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street:
- Sofa Bed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Beach Towels
- Deck / Patio:
- Golf Clubs
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 9 - Mar 15, 2017
5 night min stay
SXSW Music 2017
Mar 16 - Mar 20, 2017
4 night min stay
ACL Week 1
Oct 5 - Oct 9, 2017
4 night min stay
ACL Week 2
Oct 12 - Oct 16, 2017
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $50 + tax
- Cleaning $75 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
- Tax Rate 15%
NOTE ABOUT MARCH: all monthly rates on all of our properties will be higher by $1500 for one bedrooms and $2000 for our two bedrooms.
CANCELLATION POLICY – Outside of 30 days prior to your arrival to receive a FULL refund of your first half. If you cancel inside 30 days, you will be refunded 75% of your reservation amount, with the 25% refunded for the days we rebook. Once we have charged your full balance, you are responsible for the full amount, unless we rebook it. NO SECURITY DEPOSIT if you book directly with us!
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Welcome to The Heart of Austin! All of our properties are located within a block or two of Austin's crown jewel, Zilker Park! You honestly don't need a car if you're on the fence, just rent some bikes and you'll have easy access to just about anything you'd want to do in the area. Barton Springs Pool, Zilker Botanical Gardens, The Barton Creek Greenbelt, the Great Lawn (home of ACL), Chuy's Tex-Mex, Shady Grove, the Saxon Pub, Flipnotics Coffee Space, Casa De Luz, and so many more awesome places that are less than a mile away. Come Enjoy :)
Other Activities: short walk to rowing, kayaking &canoeing on Town Lake
Golf: Jay Reynolds (rental manager) is also a Professional Golfer and instructor! You'll have lessons and greens fees at Wolfdancer Golf Club at discounted rates! Inquire for more details.
Year Purchased: 2004
About: Peach and Cynthia Reynolds - Owns Kaleido Properties real estate company in the Zilker Park/Barton Hills area for over 25 years! Peach, the Broker in the family, is an avid golfer and likes to do anything outdoors as well as garden in his Zilker area home's backyard. Cynthia is a real estate agent and works with Peach in their business and now manages all 7 of their vacation rentals along with their son, Jay. Cynthia loves to cook the vegetables that Peach grows and take long walks!
Why Barton Hills, Austin, TX, USA:
This is the best area in town for outdoors activities, it's proximity to downtown and we love living in the area and sharing it with others.
- Primary: +1 5129446888 all hours are fine
- Secondary: +1 5126339001 CALL CYNTHIA TO BOOK or book online
- Tertiary: +1 5129175000 Call Peach if you can't reach Jay or Cynthia
- Fax: +1 5124401837 If you need to fax us something - go for it!
Links to more information:
Fully furnished Kitchen with tile counters
Patio with lights and view of Zilker Park's Christmas tree
view of Christmas Tree in Zilker Park from patio
Just FYI we have moved the grill off the patio and just out front for safety!
Front View of Treehouse overlooking Zilker park
Here is the floor plan so you can see the layout more closely.
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Friday, December 02, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM