Private Cabin @ Alaska's Only 100+ Year Old Chena Hot Springs Resort(23 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
1 Bedroom (Sleeps 2) NO bathroom or running water! Comfy King Size Log Bed
We are HIGHLY ALLERGIC so we do NOT rent to smokers at all.
Enjoy a truly once in a lifetime rustic Alaskan experience by staying in our adorable cabin on the resort property!
Heated with an oil stove keeping it warm and toasty even in the coldest temperatures! Comfy King Size Log Bed.
NO REFUND if canceled 29 days or less unless we are able to obtain another guest booking for the same time period.
2 PERSON MAXIMUM - ONE KING SIZE BED ONLY.
It is a DRY cabin which means it does NOT have a BATHROOM or running water like all of the cabins on the resort property.
However, there is a restroom open 24 hours per day in the Activity Center for your use only a one minute walk from cabin.
Purchase daily adult swim passes for $15 each at the Pool House desk. Enjoy a soak or swim and shower in the Pool House and Locker rooms. Bring quarters for the lockers.
The cabin is completely renovated and looks and feels like a deluxe cabin with nice amenities.
Bathrooms are only a ONE minute walk from the cabin in the Activity Center (24 hours daily-best option), the Pool House lobby (7AM-12AM) at $15 daily fee per person per day, to use the showers and hot springs lake.
Full Service Restaurant/Lounge (7AM-10PM). 3 outhouses are within a 30 second walk available 24 hours a day for that truly Alaskan experience.
FYI - We only rent the cabin for a 2 NIGHT MINIMUM. So whether you book and stay only one night, we block the cabin for a 2 night stay. There is no discount for only staying one night.
However, you won't have to check out by 11AM the next morning. It makes for a leisurely visit and you can stay a little later the next morning since the cabin has been reserved for the 2nd night.
A 2 night stay is required for all bookings. The 30 year old cabin was completely renovated inside and out in 2009 and is super cozy with a comfy king size log bed, 40 inch LCD TV & DVD player, 65 movie library, mini refrigerator & microwave, 2 luggage racks, 2 folding chairs, burl table & 2 chairs.
Cleaning the cabin after your stay is included in the rental rate with no additional fees, please leave any used robes or towels on the closet hooks before leaving and the cabin cleaner will take care of them.
The cabin has 2 Spa Robes & 2 pool towels for the hot springs, 2 folding chairs for the deck, 2 luggage racks, 2 head lamps for using in the dark, boot grippers for walking on icy surfaces, oil heated stove to keep it warm even in the coldest Alaskan temperatures!
It is beautifully decorated with gorgeous aurora photos taken by Alaskan photographer Todd Salat 'The Aurora Chaser' on one wall. Photos of the resort's activities taken by the cabin owners adorn the other wall.
Enjoy the afternoon sun on the deck of the cabin & watch Moose walk right by! The Moose photo was taken by the owner last summer while sitting on the deck reading a book.
LOCATION AT RESORT
It's a short ONE minute walk to the Activity Center (24 hours daily - best option) or resort's Restaurant (7AM-10PM) or Pool House (7AM-12AM). You can shower at the Pool House after your swim ($15 per person per day) and arrive at the cabin refreshed!
HOW TO GET TO CHENA HOT SPRINGS RESORT
You can either book the Resort's Chena Shuttle Service which is $199 round trip for a Single Person or or $250 round trip for two persons on same reservation in same van.
CHENA SHUTTLE VAN TRANSPORTATION
After booking your cabin and receiving confirmation, you may book the resort's round trip Chena Shuttle van transportation.
Please contact Natasha at (907) 451-8104 x 7 to book and pay for the transportation. The resort does combine van transportation groups so you may be required to spend a few hours upon arrival at the airport before the van picks you up. You will be notified of the pick up time and of any changes.
Or you can rent a car at the Fairbanks, Alaska airport (Alamo, Avis, Budget, National) and it's about 1 hour 20 minute drive from the airport to the resort.
Depart Fairbanks International Airport on Airport Way and travel about six miles staying on Airport Way. Turn left on the Steese Expressway intersection right before Ft. Wainwright Main Gate.
Take the Steese Expressway towards Fox about 3-4 miles and turn right onto the Chena Hot Springs Road exit about three miles from downtown Fairbanks.
Keep driving to the very end of Chena Hot Springs Road at mile 56.5 mile (completely paved and maintained year round) and you are there! Be on the look out for moose along the way on the side of the road!
So if you want a fabulous Alaskan getaway in a comfy cabin with amenities close by at a wonderful hot springs resort, this cabin is for you!
AURORA VIEWING & CABIN GUIDELINES
The Sun's Solar activity cycle increases which is GREAT news for those seeking their 1st Northern Lights experience! One of the best places on the planet to see them is at Chena Hot Springs Resort from August 21 to April 21 each year which we call "Aurora Season".
It is recommended to stay a minimum of 3 nights for a 75% chance of seeing them. See the Aurora Borealis move above your head while relaxing in the natural outdoor hot springs rock lake (ages 18+) in winter at the resort! Or take an Aurora Viewing tour for a close up view. Check out the Chena Hot Springs dot com website to view the list of summer and winter activities available.
* Please NO smoking of any kind inside or outside around cabin since the owners are highly allergic
* Check in at 3PM and check out at 11AM. Max. 2 persons, must be ages 25 & over, 48 hr notice required for reservations & payment
* Cabin cleaned and bed sheets changed after each guest stay
* Pet Friendly - $25 dog fee for entire stay. 25 lb. max. Please bring a leash and clean up after your dog. Maximum 2 dogs.
* No parties please! Resort owners live directly behind the cabin and you may be asked to leave without a refund if things get rowdy.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- 195 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Considered:
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
- 2 PERSON MAXIMUM! We only rent to non-smoking guests since owners are extremely allergic. Ages 25 & over. 48 hour notice required for all reservations and payment. Cabin is DRY with NO BATHROOM or running water like all the other cabins at the resort. Restrooms are a short 1 minute walk to Resort restaurant or pool house lobby. Purchase a $15 swim pass for a soak & shower privileges. The cabin includes King Size log bed, 40 inch LCD TV & 65 movie library, mini-frig and microwave. Oversized pool towels & spa robes are included for use during your stay. The cabin is heated with a TOYO heater fueled by oil and keeps it warm and cozy even in the most extreme temperatures! FULL SERVICE RESTAURANT & LOUNGE The resort's full service restaurant and lounge are open from 7A-10P for meals. The Lounge is open until 2AM on Friday & Saturday nights. You can purchase snacks, ice cream, non-alcoholic beverages and other items at the Aurora Cafe in the Activity Center from 9A-12AM....moreless
Bathrooms: 0 Bathrooms
- The cabin is DRY with NO BATHROOM or running water like all the other cabins at the Resort. The closest restrooms are in the Resort's restaurant or Pool House Lobby and are a short one minute walk from the cabin. The Activity Center has a restroom open 24 hours per day which is the BEST OPTION. A lighted make-up mirror is installed on the wall by the TV. Bottled water is available in the frig. CANCELLATION POLICY 100% - 30 or more days prior to arrival. ...moreless
- All buildings are just a short 1 minute walk from the cabin located next to the Moose Lodge. The natural hot springs rock lake (ages 18+) & indoor pool are open daily from 7a-12a. Pool towels available in the cabin for your use at the hot springs. Resort's restrooms are in the Pool House Lobby open 7a-12 Midnight, Resort Restaurant open 7a-10p, Activity Center open 24 hours. The cabin includes comfy King Size log bed, a 40 inch LCD TV & 65 movie library, mini-frig and microwave. Spa robes and beach towels are included for use during your stay. Cabin is heated with a TOYO heater fueled by oil and keeps it warm and cozy even in the most extreme temperatures in winter! Resort's Restaurant has delicious meal choices open daily from 7A-10P. Or snacks in the Aurora Cafe inside the Activity Center open from 9A-9P daily. Check out the available activities at the Activity Center as they change daily depending on weather....moreless
- DVD Player:
- Music Library:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Coin Laundry
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Dining Area
- Activities Guide
- Alarm Clock
- Bottled Water
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided:
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Mobile Phone:
- Beach Towels
- Wood Deck
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
High Aurora Season
Aug 15 - Apr 21, 2017
2 night min stay
Apr 22 - Aug 20, 2017
2 night min stay
High Aurora Season
Aug 21 - Apr 21, 2018
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $25
- Tax Rate 8%
Final cleaning fee included in rental rates. Please leave used robes and towels on floor next to red door.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
60 scenic miles NE of Fairbanks. 1+ hr. from downtown Fairbanks or 1 hour 20 minutes from the Fairbanks airport on a completely paved year round maintained road.
The resort boasts 1940 acres of beautiful wilderness with an opportunity to see wildlife on the drive out along Chena Hot Springs Road and on nature walks at the resort.
It is also one of the best places on the planet to see the Aurora Borealis or 'Northern Lights'. Winter 2013-2014 will be the best Aurora viewing in over a decade.
Come see them for yourself and check it off your bucket list!
Other Activities: shopping, cross country skiing, snowmobiling, horseshoes, wildlife viewing, hiking
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: Denise and George Ferree have lived in Alaska since 1965 and 1972 respectively. We love the freedom Alaska provides and its natural beauty and wildlife. We enjoy sharing our private romantic getaway cabin at Chena Hot Springs Resort with all would be adventurers and dog lovers! We have three little poochies of our own who love going to the cabin and heading in the woods for long walks and exploring. The cabin's location on the resort property provides a unique opportunity to see moose walk right by the front door while still enjoying all the amenities you expect nearby, less than a minute's walk away! Come see for yourself and book your Alaskan hot springs getaway today!
Why the Owner Chose Fairbanks, Alaska, United States of America:
George and Denise purchased the cabin in 2008 from the original owners who had owned it for 30 years and started renovations. After two years of long weekends and lots of elbow grease it was finally ready for visitors in December 2010! Come see it for yourself and enjoy its comfort and natural beauty right outside your door! Fairbanks offers lots of activities in summer and winter, so be sure to check out the Explore Fairbanks website to learn more about what is available to see and do when you are headed this way. Also check out Chena Hot Springs website for photos of the incredible activities offered year round to keep you entertained while enjoying your Alaskan getaway.
- Primary: 907 347-4491 (Alaska, USA) Alaska, USA
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - Ferree Cabin at Chena Hot Springs Resort
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Ferree Cabin in Winter with Aurora Borealis over hillside in background
Ferree Cabin interior, king size log bed, windows, photos, luggage racks, chairs
Cabin interior, king size log bed, cozy decor
Hot Springs Lake (ages 18+)
Summer Hot Springs Lake (ages 18+)
Aurora Viewing Tour Yurts.
Aurora Ice Museum in Autumn. Open Year Round.
Aurora Ice Museum Interior
Guided Horseback Riding Trail Tours.
Guided Snowmachine Tours
Summer SideXSide Guided ATV Tours
Ferree Cabin in Summer
Ferree Cabin entrance, king size log bed, lamps, beautiful photos
Cabin interior, 40" LCD TV and 65 movies, mini frig, microwave, Toyo Heater
Cabin Interior with burl table and 2 chairs
Winter Hot Springs Lake (ages 18+)
Aurora over Yurts. Chena Hot Springs Resort.
Nightly Snow Coach Aurora Viewing Tour
Serving Appletinis at the Aurora Ice Bar. Aurora Ice Museum. Open Year Round
Moose drinking from pond at resort.
Take a romantic horse-drawn sleigh ride through the resort
Sled Dog Rides at Chena Dog Kennel
Full Service Restaurant and Bar at Resort. One min. walk from cabin.
Winter Ferree Cabin.
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Sunday, January 15, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.