About the property
- House1600 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 7 nights
House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 6)
Our sunny, warm and immaculate Tahoe Donner home has a completely flat driveway and a garage to park your car. (It snows a lot in the winter!) It is flooded with natural light, and convenient to all Tahoe Donner amenities including the downhill ski area, the cross-country ski area, Trout Creek Rec Center, the pools, tennis courts and golf course. Our home is a place where you can relax and create wonderful memories any season of the year.
Highlights of the House:
* Two-story great room with a soaring pine ceiling and hardwood flooring
* Huge windows and prime southern exposure flood the great room with natural light all year round
* Free WIFI
* Flat screen HDTV
* Gas fireplace
* Backs to a greenbelt affording great privacy
* Fully-stocked kitchen
* Deck with table, chairs and BBQ grill in summer
* Oversize 1-car garage
* Loft office with desk
Details on the House:
The layout of the home is very convenient. Off the great room is a hallway leading to two bedrooms and a full bathroom. One of these bedrooms has a queen-size bed, and the other has two extra-long twin beds. Both have large closets. The full bathroom has a bathtub with a shower. Also in this hallway is a convenient laundry room with Fisher & Paykel washer and dryer. Upstairs, there is a loft/office and the master bedroom suite. The master features a California king bed, a large walk-in closet, and a large bathroom with dual sinks and a huge shower. The owners have allergies, and so insist on keeping everything as allergen-free as possible. No pets or smoking allowed.
Winter Highlights of Tahoe Donner:
* Tahoe Donner is a members-only resort community that offers year-round sports and fun for its members and guests (for a nominal fee using the Guest Passes that are provided with the house).
* Tahoe Donner Ski Hill is just a 3-minute drive from the house and is the best place in the area for children to learn.
* For advanced alpine skiers and riders, you are just 15-20 minutes from world-class ski resorts like Squaw Valley, Northstar, Sugar Bowl, and Alpine Meadows.
* For cross-country skiers, Tahoe Donner has one of the largest facilities in the Tahoe area.
* Little ones will enjoy the sledding/snow play area at Tahoe Donner's Trout Creek Center.
* After a day on the slopes, stop by the Trout Creek Center to relax in the hot tub. Year-round, the Trout Creek fitness center offers a huge variety of cardio and weight equipment, as well as lap swimming, yoga and other fitness classes.
Summer Highlights of Tahoe Donner:
* About 100 yards from the house is the trail head to the expansive network of hiking trails in the Tahoe Donner community.
* Golfers will enjoy the Championship 18-hole Tahoe Donner course, as well as the beautiful driving range, and the chip/putt practice area.
* Tahoe Donner offers a top-notch 11-court tennis complex, multiple swimming pools, two clubhouses (play bocce or try archery), and several play structures for the little ones.
* Spend a day at the beautiful private sandy beach at Donner Lake where you can enjoy paddle boarding, kayaking, sailing, swimming to the private dock, fishing, and fun in the sun.
* The Adventure Center rents mountain bikes and has an extensive network of bike trails.
* The equestrian center offers trail rides, hayrides, and pony rides. From June to August, Tahoe Donner offers exciting and fun day camps for preschoolers to pre-teens at prices far below what you would pay in the city.
See links below for further information on all the wonderful Tahoe Donner amenities and the map of hiking trails within the TD community.
Tahoe Donner is conveniently located just off Interstate 80 in Truckee. It is just 4 miles to charming old-town Truckee, which offers fine restaurants, wine-tasting, galleries, and boutiques. Lake Tahoe is just 15 miles away, and Reno is just 30 miles away.
Check-in 5 pm; Check-out 11 am
ABSOLUTELY NO PETS AND NO SMOKING
(We have allergies)
Keywords: Lodge, Chalet, Ski House, Mountain Home
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 17, 2018
We are a family of four from the Bay Area who loves to escape to the mountains. In the winter, we ski and snowboard. In the summer, we enjoy hiking, swimming, golfing, and tennis. Mostly, we enjoy just being away from the stress of school, work, and routines. Tahoe Donner is like another world! We hope you will feel the same.
Owner purchased this House in 2010
Why Owner chose Truckee
After renting in different parts of the Tahoe area, we found Tahoe Donner. It is the best-located resort community in the area. In the winter, you have access to all the major ski resorts, and you are not at the mercy of the unpredictable road conditions of Highways 89 and 267. In the summer, Tahoe Donner offers wonderful activities for the kids, relaxation for mom and dad, and tons of fun things to do together as a family.
What makes this House unique
Our home is simple, warm, and the perfect-size for a small family.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 5:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
We love visiting Tahoe in the early summer. The air is fresh, the sky is blue, and the weather is perfect. We did a ton of hiking, some mountain biking, and took kayaks out on Donner Lake. We love staying at this house. I think it is our 4th or 5th time. Everything is very convenient. The trail head is at the end of the block, and the Guest Passes get you access to all the rec areas for a small per diem fee. Everything is clean. The owners are great. We grilled on the rear deck and enjoyed the silence and stars. Definitely recommend it.
Terrific Ski Weekend
The cabin was convenient and comfortable. Plenty of room for us and the two kids. The location is scenic and on a quiet street. There was a huge amount of snow this season. We enjoyed the TD downhill ski area which is less than a 5 minute drive. We tried snowshoes one day too. The pools are nice at the Trout Creek rec center. Would definitely rent this cabin again.
Great place for family ski fun
We stayed for 5 days over the kids' ski week off from school. The cabin was perfect. Everything is in great like-new condition. There was a lot of snow, but the plowing service came every day. We never had to shovel to get out. The owner provides lots of nice things in the house like sugar packets, coffee filters, ziplock bags, napkins and paper towels. The Tahoe Donner ski hill was really close...about a 5-minute drive. We drove to Sugar Bowl one day too. That was about 20 minutes away. My youngest enjoyed the sledding at the snow play area.
Clean, Cozy & Perfect
Spent a few days with my wife & 4-year old son here in early February. There have been historic amounts of snow this winter in the Tahoe area, we live in San Diego, so getting away to play in the snow is a real treat for us. While we didnt get to use the sled hill in the backyard due to the sheer amount of snow, this was our homebase while we ventured out to local parks/hills to get some sledding in. We had such a blast, and this house has everything you would ever need. It was immaculate, comfy beds, plenty of pillows and sheets. We cooked dinner each night, loved the open feel, we could keep watch on our little one. Maria was incredibly helpful the entire time, so happy we found this place, we will happily be going back again next winter.
Great Family Ski HQ
Our family had a comfortable and fun stay at this place in Tahoe Donner. The house is easy to access, clean, and well maintained. The big central living room and kitchen were a natural gathering place for family. Appliances are in great shape. The bedrooms were comfortable and well appointed. The street and driveway were plowed every morning. Garage parking was a plus (no scraping windows in the morning and no need to take equipment off the car). We'll definitely stay here again.
Amazingly clean, well-run property
We stayed here with my 3 and 6 year old girls and some other family members a few weeks ago so that we could ski at Tahoe Donner and Squaw Valley. The location was perfect for hitting the northern Tahoe ski slopes. The house itself was updated, extremely clean and well-maintained. When we first arrived at almost 1am due to snowy conditions, we were happy to see that the house was lit and warm and extremely inviting for us weary travelers! The furniture was updated and the decor was nice and minimal enough so that the space was roomy and uncluttered. They had a huge comfortable sectional couch with flannel blankets, which was a nice touch.
The backyard is located next to a peaceful and serene wooded path with huge pine trees and when we arrived there was beautiful, freshly-fallen snow. Our girls had a magical time playing in the snow around the house. While we were there, we hardly saw any of the neighbors.
There were clear directions for taking care of the house and also plenty of information for anything you need around the area. The owners were great and also very responsive. They emailed me immediately when I asked about the ski slopes and what lessons were good for beginner kids. We were extremely happy with our stay and would be happy to stay here again in the future!!
Tahoe Donner is an all-season resort community located in the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Cleaning fee may be higher than standard rate during holidays or for stays of longer than 7 days.