Apt 4of4: Win a Free Night! 5min to Subw/12min Manh; 2BR/Sleeps 8-10; Hbo/Wifi!(19 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Live like a Brooklynite in this Peaceful Townhome! 2BR + Huge Bath + Dining Area
If this Apartment is not available for your dates, please see our other HomeAway listings:
Apt 1: HomeAway 3488786
Apt 2: HomeAway 206384
Apt 3: HomeAway 191274
Our website, every page of which can be translated into any language you like, has extensive tourist information about local resources (nearby bars, boutiques, cafés, museums, parks, restaurants, shops, etc.), sightseeing suggestions, transportation options, and much more, which would be of interest to anyone planning a visit to New York City, whether you stayed with us or not. If you can find a more comprehensive Vacation Rental website anywhere in the World, we will give you a FREE night!*
My name is TRUE. Thank you for your interest in our home, MACON MANOR, which is celebrating its 126th year (1889-2015) on our quiet, tree-lined street in the heart of the beautiful, safe, and culturally vibrant Stuyvesant Heights Historic District in Brooklyn, which GQ Magazine has rightfully called “The Coolest City on the Planet.” We're about a 5-minute walk from the Utica subway station on the “A” (Express) and 'C' (Local) line; the “A” connects you to Downtown Brooklyn / Brooklyn Bridge (about 10 minutes), Downtown Manhattan / Ground Zero (about 12 minutes), JFK (about 20 minutes) Penn Station / Amtrak (about 25 minutes), Port Authority Bus Terminal (under 30 minutes), and Times Square / Broadway (under 30 minutes), and Central Park / Lincoln Center (about 35 minutes). There is no off-street parking, but street parking is free, safe, and fairly easy to get right out front.
We are easily accessible via car and several forms of public transportation. Many of Brooklyn’s hottest neighborhoods (Brooklyn Heights [and the Watchtower Facility], Bushwick, DUMBO, Fort Greene [and Barclays Center], Park Slope [and Prospect Park], Williamsburg, etc.) are within 5-15 minutes. JFK and LaGuardia are both within 25 minutes by car, and accessible via public transport. We are just a 1- or 2-minute walk from the best the Neighborhood has to offer (bars, boutiques, cafés, galleries, restaurants — such as Zagat-rated Peaches and Saraghina — and much more).
Yes, you can live like a real Brooklynite in this peaceful & quiet Top-Floor Apartment, furnished with the IKEA furniture that you know & love. It is air-conditioned in the summer and well heated in the winter. Free Wi-Fi; original details and hardwood floors throughout. Ideal for large families, groups of friends, and individuals / couples who like a lot of space; it can sleep up to (8) (suggested maximum) or (10) (absolute maximum).
• A Master Bedroom: (2) queen-size beds with quality mattresses (each sleeps 2); sheets, pillows with cases, blankets and comforters; A/C & ceiling fan; a flat screen HDTV with cable (including premium channels such as HBO / Showtime / Starz on Demand, which allows you to watch any movie or program they offer — Curb Your Enthusiasm, Game of Thrones, Girls, Sex in the City, The Sopranos, True Blood, The Walking Dead — whenever you like; there is also a cable channel for video games titles such as “Bejeweled 2,” “Diner Dash,” “Mummy Maze,” “Sudoku,” and others); a BluRay player with library of DVDs for kids & adults; closet; alarm clock; (2) reading lamps; steam iron & board; full-length mirror; exposed brick.
• A 2nd Bedroom: (1) full-size sofa bed (sleeps 2); 2nd A/C & 2nd ceiling fan; 2nd closet; a floor / reading lamp.
• A Living Room: (1) full-size sofa bed (sleeps 2) (up to  more people can be accommodated on an inflatable queen-size Aerobed air mattress for $49 per person per night); a dining table & chairs for (6); a 3rd A/C; a 2nd flat screen HDTV with premium cable and video games; a 2nd BluRay player with library of DVDs for kids & adults; a bookshelf with books & games for kids & adults, including guide books to NYC / Brooklyn; hot & cold drinking water dispenser; floor / reading lamp; original art; (2) windows overlooking the Garden.
• A fully-equipped Kitchen: A full-size refrigerator / freezer; gas oven / stove; microwave; coffee maker & grinder; toaster; blender; cooking utensils, dishes, silverware; 3rd ceiling fan; complimentary coffee / tea / bottled water.
• A large Bathroom: Tub / shower; hair dryer; towels; toilet paper; hand soap; a window overlooking the Garden.
* If you find a Vacation Rental website anywhere in the World that we conclude offers more information than our site (any combination of information regarding a single property and the resources and / or history of the area in which it is located, or local tourism and shopping suggestions, for example), we will reduce the cost of a (3) or more night stay by (1) night.
Member since: 2008
- 4 story
- On floor 4
- 800 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
- Master BR features: (2) Queen-size beds (each sleeps 2); large closet; ceiling fan; exposed brick; and (2) north-facing windows that bathe the room in ambient light throughout the day, and direct sunlight in the afternoon. The Living Room features: (1) Full-size sofabed (sleeps 2); closet; a floor / reading lamp; (2) south-facing windows that bathe the room in morning light, and which overlook beautiful Gardens with a 50' Tree of Heaven, Cherry & Pear Blossom trees. The Apartment sleeps a *suggested* maximum of 8; we can fit up to the *absolute* maximum of 10 (we supply a queen-size Aerobed air mattress), but we assess a $49 pp / pn fee for each Guest over the suggested maximum. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Autumn Foliage
- Botanical Garden
- Coin Laundry
- Live Theater
- Nude Beach
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
We're 10 min / 4 stops from Downtown Brooklyn (Brooklyn Bridge; The Brooklyn Heights Promenade; The Watchtower Facility), and 12 min / 5 stops from Downtown Manhattan (Ground Zero; Wall Street)....moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Ice Skating
- Roller Blading
- Seating for 6 people
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Low Season (2017)
Jan 9 - Mar 31, 2017
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 8 guests; add $49 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 8 guests; add $49 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Pet Fee $20 + tax
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Tax Rate 8.875%
BALANCE: The second 1/2 of total fee is due upon arrival in cash.
PLEASE NOTE: While there are ATMs nearby, they may have a daily withdrawal limit of $200.
PETS: Dogs are welcome; we assess a $20 per night per dog “Doggy Fee.” Unfortunately, we are terribly allergic to cats and can therefore not allow them.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Built in 1889, MACON MANOR is located on Macon Street in the heart of the Stuyvesant Heights Historic District of Brooklyn, New York.
As you may have read in such publications as New York Magazine, the New York Times, and Time Out New York (among many others), Stuyvesant Heights – and the larger working-class Community of Bedford that are commonly referred to as “Bedford-Stuyvesant” or “Bed-Stuy,” known worldwide for their magnificent architecture, rich history, green blocks, flourishing Community Gardens, and as home to countless significant cultural figures – are in the flowering of a new cultural and commercial renaissance (we have a growing collection of books discussing this history which we keep in each Apartment).
Bars, boutiques, cafés, galleries, restaurants, and shops are popping up faster than one can keep up with, and there is an influx of new residents who are turning this historically Black, family-oriented Community into a truly diverse enclave of progressive people of all backgrounds (for example, in the decade between 2000 and 2010, the white population surged 633%).
Despite this tremendous transformation, however, it maintains a charm that can be experienced by strolling down one of its many quiet, safe, leafy, beautiful blocks.
In addition to those activities listed above, our Community also hosts: Art Shows, Chess Tournaments, Farmer's Market, Garden Parties, Live Music, Outdoor Film Screenings, Parades, Poetry Readings, Street Festivals, Wine Tastings, and much more.
Year Purchased: 1999
About the owner: My name is TRUE, I am an Artist / Designer / Filmmaker, and have been the Owner / Operator of MACON MANOR since purchasing the Home in 1999. I moved from Los Angeles, CA. to New York to be a part of its vibrant culture (and to study at Sarah Lawrence College and The Cooper Union Art School) and then moved from Manhattan to Stuyvesant Heights because I find it to be much quieter and safer than living in Manhattan.
Why the Owner Chose Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, NY, USA:
I purchased MACON MANOR because it offered exactly what I wanted – a Home with all the benefits of living in NYC without the less pleasant aspects of living in Manhattan, primarily: Apartments with much more space; a Block that is much quieter and safer; and a Neighborhood with a much greater sense of Community, in which I actually know my Neighbors and the Owners of the local businesses. All this just a 5-minute walk from an express train that can get you into Manhattan in just 12 minutes! Manhattan is the most amazing place on the Planet – but it’s a really, really good thing to be able to retreat from its hustle and bustle at the end of the day, to go someplace where you can actually sleep through the night.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
The Homes in the Stuyvesant Heights Historic District were built for the wealthiest people of the day in the late 1800s, when everything else in the area was undeveloped farmland. Throughout the course of the 20th century – as public transportation made it easier for the working class to get deeper into Brooklyn – the wealthy fled, and their Homes transitioned into the hands of the middle-class. Living in one such Home, and having the chance to lovingly restore it and share it with Travelers from around the World is a very unique opportunity, one that we cherish.
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - Our site has extensive tourist information about local resources (nearby bars, cafés, museums, parks, restaurants, shops, etc.), sightseeing suggestions, transportation, and much more, which would be of interest to anyone visiting Brooklyn.
- CLICK HERE - MACON MANOR was featured on the travel show Sleep Here Now
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Living Room: (1) Full-size sofa bed (sleeps 2); lounge chair; French door...
Living Room: Dining table & chairs for 6; (2) windows...
Master BR: (2) Queen-size beds (each sleeps 2); A/C; 2nd closet; ceiling fan...
Kitchen: Fridge/freezer; stove; microwave; coffee maker; blender; toaster...
MACON MANOR Apt 4 of 4: Floor Plan
The Home is decorated with antique photos & original art...
Main Entrance: Alabaster light fixtures; original details...
The view from the front; note the flower barrels and ample free street parking
The Utica A&C subway station is located in Fulton Park, just a 5-minute walk
Our local bars/cafés/restaurants are known to have some of the best food in NYC
The world-class Brooklyn Museum of Art is 10 minutes away
Prospect Park and the lovely Brooklyn Botanic Garden is just 10 minutes away
Living Room: 30 in. HDTV w/ HBO on Demand; DVD library; closet...
BR 2: (1) Full-size sofa bed (sleeps 2); 2nd A/C; 2nd ceiling fan; 3rd closet...
Large Bathroom: Tub/shower; window overlooking Garden...
Main Entrance: Exposed brick; original woodwork; alabaster light fixtures
We're on a tree-lined street in a quiet, safe, and family-oriented Neighborhood
Sitting on our front steps on a warm day lets you feel like a real Brooklynite
Several great bars/cafés/restaurants (like Saraghina) are just around the corner
Williamsburg (bars, boutiques, cafés, live music, restaurants, shops) is nearby
The Brooklyn Children's Museum is 10 minutes away...
The West Indian Day Parade is 10 minutes away...
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Thursday, February 23, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.