House, 3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, (Beds for 8 Adults, 1 Child)
About Garrett Day
Golden Hours 2 was built in 1987 by us for Gary's Parents' retirement home. They enjoyed it until they moved off-island in 2004. Many of the furnishings were his grandparents. The custom stained glass and most upholstery work were created by his mother. All of the rock walls on this property and the adjoining parcel were built by Gary from the rocks on the beach. The landscaping and garden design are the creations of Liz. In the early spring over 2000 bulbs come to life. The rest of the year, the foliage is a creative mix of rare and common plants. The adjacent property (Golden Hours) is still a family cabin, started in 1939, and expanded throughout the years. Various relatives enjoy the cabin periodically. In the summer of 2010, Golden Hours 2 was extensively remodeled to further enhance the lovely features. Now it is ready for your enjoyment!
Garrett Day purchased this House in 1987
Please consider the following guidelines when booking this property:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
8 reasons why you should book!
Background: 2 families achieved a relaxing long weekend, while entertaining 6 kids (9, 7, 7, 5, 3, infant)
1. Beautiful property, large lot with waterfront access, lots of deck space, and side yard covered patio and bbq. Firepit, with hammocks and swings to relax in.
2. Location 5 min from the ferry, easy to access. Property clearly labeled- Golden Hours 2.
3. Owner Garrett Day is a great communicator- prompt, clear, and kind.
4. Owners Garrett and Liz Day are so thoughtful… they asked ages of children and equipped the home with high chairs, booster seat and age appropriate toys for the children. One day it rained, the kids were entertained all days with puzzles, toys and board games.
5. Loved how the kids item was reinforced with plastic underneath ( i.e child bed in 2 nd room)
6. The Days are so welcoming… hand written notes and getting maps for us.
7. Kitchen equipped with spices, oil, sugar, coffee/tea. Variety of cooking wear ( including crock pot, griddle, waffle maker, blender)
8. Total bonus- popcorn bag and items to make smores… a hit for the kids!
1. Gravel driveway is very drivable with 2 wheel drive, just go slow.
2. Home is so well maintained and thoughtful! Kitchen items are old school, but solid and durable, decorations are vintage and thoughtful, and toys are old-school- great for the kids.
3. Exterior property landscaping is very well maintained and beautiful.
4. Near fire pit is a bbq – bring charcoal if you want to use.
Thank you Helene and Norm for your great review. We are happy the kids enjoyed the games, outdoor rope swing and of course the “s’mores”. Let us know when you want to return. Garrett & Liz
Lummi Island Treasure!
This was our fourth annual trip to your beautiful Lummi Island home and it just keeps getting better and better! We loved exploring the island on bikes and hiking. Looking in tide pools and walking along the beach was amazing. We had a fire in the beach front fire pit and a couple of us even dared swinging on the rope swing! Most of all we loved sitting on the deck, eating great food and watching the beautiful view with friends. Your home is the perfect spot to relax and rejuvenate and we are so glad you share it with us. We already planning next year's trip!
Glade you had a great weekend at the Lummi house again.
Annual family trip
We've been visiting Garrett/Liz's vacation property for 5 years now. We always have a great time. The owners are very courteous and attentive to guests' needs. We'll be back next year.
We are glad to be able to share our house with you and your friends. The weather this year during your stay was perfect.
Another bonus were the great low tides and tide flats for you to explore. We welcome you back again for the 5th year.
Liz and Garrett
The house is well situated on the island. Lots of windows for natural lighting throughout the day. Very clean and well maintained and there’s plenty of beds and sleeper couches. The driveway is extremely steep and it’s gravel/dirt. A 4-wheel/AWD vehicle is needed to get up it.
Thanks for your great review of our Lummi Island house and property. Glad your get -together was successful.
In regards to the driveway, it is steep but most vehicles haven’t had a problem. As mentioned in my Information sheets, 4 wheel or all wheel drive are recommended but not absolutely needed.
Glad your weather cooperated and you had some good hiking.
Wonderful visit, wonderful house!
Very clean and homelike. We all felt completely comfortable and enjoyed our visit to the Island and staying in your property.
I commend the Islander's honesty and integrity!!! I made a purchase at the local grocery store on a day when there was a market fair event taking place in the adjacent field. By accident, I left my wallet (containing my passport, incidentally) on a rock outdoors. Several hours later, I realized what I had done and my brother, who happened to be at the store, inquired about it. There it was. Someone had graciously found the wallet and gave it to the store to hold. They had listed the contents and counted the money and it was all returned to me in total.
Please pass this story along as I think it demonstrates the kind of character of the place to go for a safe and leisurely visit. My many thanks to those who demonstrated such a courtesy to a stranger. Abby Lewis
We are so happy you had a great stay at our Lummi house. The island is a unique place with great people. Over the years, we have never had a problem that I know of on the island.
It was a pleasure to meet you and your friends. Do come again.
Garrett & Liz
A beautiful home beaufifully cared for!
We would highly recommend renting this home. The owners are wonderful people
who have done an outstanding job of making this a comfortable living experience with all
the comforts you could ask for. Enjoy.
Thanks Bob for the review. We enjoyed meeting you and your wife. The house definitely allows people to relax and watch the wildlife, mountains and listen to the waves hitting the beach. Your welcome back anytime.
Shopping (Farmer's Market), Holiday Art Tours, Sailboat Charters, Kite Flying, Live Theater (Bellingham), Cinema (Bellingham), Museums (Bellingham), Shopping Mall (Bellingham), Golfing (Bellingham), Antiquing (Bellingham), Charter Flights (Bellingham), Sport Fishing Charters (Bellingham), Kayak Rentals (Bellingham), Casino (Bellingham), Vancouver BC (Daytrip), Lynden, WA (Daytrip), Mount Baker (Daytrip), Charter Flights (Bellingham)