Beautiful Gulf Shore Home Featured on the Cover of Home & Design Magazine(6 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Exquisitely designed home in an exclusive beach gated community.
The Carriage House located over the garage provides another 1000 square feet of living space and includes a second master bedroom, full bath, mini-kitchen and guest sleeping area along with a private deck overlooking the Gulf of Mexico.
Sleeping accommodations include:
- Master Bedroom - King.
- Guest Bedroom #1 - Queen.
- Guest Bedroom #2 - Twin over Full bunk bed + full-sized baby crib.
- Carriage House - King + Pull-out Queen Sleeper Sofa.
The Home is considered the premier home in Windmark Beach and was featured on the cover Home & Design Magazine. It is professionally decorated and features over 80 windows and 10 French doors to 'live outdoors while you're indoors'...there are spectacular 360 degree views from each living area and five decks directly overlook the Gulf of Mexico.
Floors throughout the main home are Brazilian red cherry and imported Italian tile. Please see the impressive list of home amenities & activities shown in this listing. It's a home you have to see to fully appreciate.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- King bed - One in master bedroom main house and one in Carriage House master bedroom. Queen bed - Main house lower guest bedroom. Bunk Bed - Upper guest bedroom of main house - twin over full size bunk bed. Very nice. Queen size sleeper sofa located in second sleeping area in Carriage House. Full size crib. Also have a like-new Pack N Play for your use....moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- 900 Square Foot Separate Carriage House Over Garage. Washer is Front Load and Dryer is Gas. Commercial Grade Kitchen with Pasta Faucet Over Range. Gas Range and Electric Oven for Optimal Cooking Performance. Kitchenade Architect Series Appliances Throughout. Separate Kitchen Area Complete with Refrigerator, Sink, Microwave in the Carriage House. Spectacular Views from All Rooms and All Bedrooms Have at Least One Deck. Work Out Area and Equipment Plus Flat Screen TV Located in the Garage. Garage Features Oversized Stalls Plus Full Sink + Storage. Wireless Internet Available Throughout All Living Areas. Private Boardwalk to the Beach. Spectacular Views from All Rooms....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Health/Beauty Spa
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking Off Street
- Catering Available:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch / Veranda
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Wood Deck
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 4 - May 26, 2017
3 night min stay
SUMMER (1) 2017
May 27 - Jun 30, 2017
7 night min stay
JULY 4 WEEK
Jul 1 - Jul 7, 2017
7 night min stay
SUMMER (2) 2017
Jul 8 - Aug 11, 2017
7 night min stay
Aug 12 - Sep 8, 2017
3 night min stay
FALL/EARLY WINTER 2017
Sep 9 - Dec 29, 2017
3 night min stay
Jan 1 - Mar 1, 2018
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,500
- Cleaning $230
- Tax Rate 11%
Owner's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: We built this, our dream home, on the Gulf of Mexico after we bought the lot from the St. Joe Company in 2006 when Windmark Beach was developed. We were one of the first homes in Windmark Beach Phase I. Twin baby boys arrived a few years later so had to move back to the Midwest and now selectively rent our home in Windmark to special guests. We love Windmark Beach and spent almost ten years living there and enjoying this amazing and relatively unknown piece of Florida paradise. We aspired to make the home a truly special place and it turned out to be just that. Someday we plan to retire there. The views are amazing, unlike anywhere else we’ve been. The wildlife too and the water and the white squeaky sand...all special place indeed. The colors we chose for the home are fun and vibrant and the home just has a special, warm, laid-back vibe that people love.
Why the Owner Chose Port St. Joe, FL, USA:
We decided to build a one-of-a-kind beach home in Windmark Beach, one of the most dramatic vacation destinations on the Gulf of Mexico. The beaches in front of our home are quiet and uncluttered and feature beautiful white sugar sand bordered by Southern pine trees and natural vegetation. You can really get away here. The nearby Village Center at Windmark Beach provides a fitness center (daily and weekly passes are available) and connects to our community via a beautifully manicured 1.4 mile walking and running path with multiple access points and views of the Gulf of Mexico which is only a few short footsteps away. The Gulf of Mexico provides amazing cooling breezes in the summer and helps moderate the temperature in the winter. Wildlife is everywhere: Fish, rays, dolphin, hawks, osprey, bald eagles, deer, bobcat, sea turtles and more. The combination of white sand and tall pine trees has a very dramatic effect - it must be experienced to fully appreciate how beautiful and calming it is and you get this immediate feeling of being a hundred miles from civilization. Windmark Phase I, where our house is located, is gated so car traffic is very limited and you can walk virtually everywhere. The Beach Club and Phase I pool are located only a five minute walk from the house and you can reach it either Windmark Way or the beach. Fishing is good most of the year and three piers are within easy walking distance from the house - one is only 100 yards from the end of our boardwalk. Motor and sail boat rentals are available at the nearby Port. St Joe marina. Windmark Beach is sheltered by Cape San Blas forming St. Joseph Bay. The Cape helps protect the Bay from storms and high winds. The town of Port St. Joe is only two miles away and features restaurants, a supermarket,, dive shop, bait shops, banks, shopping, a library, US Post Office, FedEx & UPS dropoff, antique stores, and a public 18-hole golf course.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
1. Living areas (kitchen, living/media room, dining room) all located on upper level to take full advantage of Gulf views and surrounding nature. 2. Gourmet style kitchen with top grade appliances, dual fuel range, wine cooler, pasta faucet and more. 3. Walk-out feature and private deck for every bedroom - 10 decks total plus private boardwalk to the beach. 4. The ONLY hot tub in Windmark beach located on lower deck overlooking beach and private fire pit - hot tub is sunk into deck for ease of entry/exit. 5. Private bedroom, bath and kitchenette above garage with separate secure entrance, private viewing deck (with remarkable view of Gulf) and top of line appliances (including dish washer). 6. Two outdoor showers with hot and cold running water. 7. Bump-out dining room surrounded by glass to give that 'eating outdoors' feeling from inside the home. 8. Rocking chairs on the upper back deck overlooking the Gulf. 9. Soaker tub in Master Bedroom with private TV/DVD player along with all bath lighting controlled from tub. 10. Expansive multi-head shower in master bath room offering spa like experience along with soaker tub, ceiling mounted music speakers and more.
- Primary: 850-625-7878 Florida, USA
- Secondary: 850 303-2156
- Tertiary: +1 5152185783
Main house beach side.
View of the main house and carriage house from the east.
East view of Gulf of Mexico.
Beach in front of house reached by private boardwalk.
Outdoor spa area.
View of the kitchen from the living room.
Glass enclosed dining room with Gulf view in three directions.
Master bath in main house with soaker tub and two person walk in shower.
Twin over full bunk in upstairs guest bedroom.
View into Carriage House living area and kitchen. Sofa Bed size is Queen.
Windmark Beach Club & Pool within easy walking distance of the house.
Beautiful nautical and beach accents throughout the house.
Welcome to Water's Edge at Windmark.
East entry into the main house with a view of the carriage house deck.
Western Gulf view from Outdoor Spa Deck.
Another million dollar sunset over the Gulf of Mexico.
Kitchen in Main House.
Living room in the main house.
Master bedroom in main house. Bed size is King.
Lower guest bedroom in main house. Bed size is King.
Bedroom side of Carriage House. Bed size is King.
Glass enclosed stairway to upper living level of Main House.
Nature and flowers abound at Windmark.
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.