Cozy West Coast Waterfront -- 'Garden Beach' Cottage
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Gardenbeach Cottage is a cozy two-bedroom cabin, set on low bank beachfront property, surrounded by shrubs, evergreens and arbutus trees, with views out across Ballenas Channel and Georgia Strait to the Bellenas Islands, the Gulf Islands, and the British Columbia mainland beyond. From the front deck it is just steps across the grass to the 70-foot-wide ocean frontage and a rock and pebble beach for walks, swimming, boating, and fishing.
YEAR ROUND -- An ideal location for those wanting to explore and enjoy the activities and tourist destination spots of Vancouver Island:- Parksville close at hand; Nanaimo and Victoria to the south; Qualicum Beach, Courtenay, Comox, and Mount Washington (skiing) to the north; Tofino, Long Beach, and Pacific Rim National Park (the famous 'Long Beach') to the east on the west coast of Vancouver Island - for surfing, storm watching, whale watching, and spectacular sightseeing.
MINIMUM ONE WEEK BOOKING DURING SUMMER MONTHS (June through August) - RESERVATIONS TAKEN FOR SUNDAY TO SUNDAY BOOKINGS.
FOUR NIGHT MINIMUM BOOKING FOR THE BALANCE OF THE YEAR.
In the area:
* Nine kilometers (5.5 miles) to Schooner Cove Marina (boat launch, fishing guides, kayak rentals, fine dining)
* One kilometer (about half a mile) to the Beachcomber Marina
* Five kilometers (3 miles) to Fairwinds 18-hole golf course and driving range (fine dining)
* Ten kilometers (6.5 miles) to the Red Gap Market grocery store and other small shops
* 15 kilometers (10 miles) to PARKSVILLE
* 25 kilometers (15 miles) to QUALICUM BEACH
* 25 kilometers (15 miles) to NANAIMO
“Well it was love at first sight. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and only wish we could stay longer.”
“Your cabin is a wonderful secluded site to enjoy nature, watching the sea and her inhabitants was enthralling. Eagles showed themselves often, as well as gulls, crows, seals and otters playing on the rocks. At supper last night two (of the many!) deer waltzed past the dining room window.”
“We lacked for nothing. Thank you for all your thoughtful details and the cozy cottage feel. Our dog loved retrieving his toy in the sea and often commented on how great the view was.”
Keywords: Cabin Waterfront Pet-friendly
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
+ (604) 681-5508
Member since: 2004
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Queen size Beds (1), Bunk Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Two Bedrooms, One Full Bathroom (with shower/tub), Full Kitchen with Electric Refrigerator and Stove, Laundry/Mud Room with Washer, and Freezer, Wood-burning Air-tight Fireplace, Color TV, Cable, Telephone with answering machine, Radio/Cassette/CD Player, Large Decks with Deck Furniture. All kitchen utensils and linens are supplied as well as various 'cottage' entertainments - games, books, etc. Sleeping arrangements include two bedrooms - one with Queen-size bed, one with bunk beds, Complimentary high speed internet access for your own laptop computer...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Live Theater
- Bird Watching
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Sunday
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $376.00
- Tax Rate 5%
Refundable damage deposit of $500. required to hold each reservation. Full rental amount payable thirty days prior to commencement of check in.
HIGH SEASON RATES APPLY JUNE THROUGH SEPTEMBER, DURING SPRING BREAK, CHRISTMAS to the NEW YEAR, AND ALL HOLIDAY WEEKENDS.
SUMMER WEEKLY RENTALS ONLY -- Booked Sunday to Sunday -- June through August
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 2 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Year Purchased: 1998
- Primary: + (604) 681-5508
Links to more information:
Looking east across Georgia Strait to mainland British Columbia.
View southeast from front deck.
Kitchen area, featuring vintage Frigidaire Imperial Range, circa 1950.
This listing was first published here in 2004.
Date last modified - Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.