This three level, three bedroom + loft condominium is located in building B of Sherwin Villas in Mammoth Lakes. There is a fully equipped kitchen, balcony, 2 TVs, telephone (local calls only) and woodstove (firewood provided). All three bedrooms are located on the first level.
First bedroom has a king bed, the second a queen and the third bedroom has two twins. The loft has two sets of bunk beds with a double on the bottom and twin on top. This unit is non-smoking and has two outside parking spaces (unassigned). You can enter this condominium on ground level or walk up two flights of stairs to the second level entrance.
<br/><br/> Sherwin Villas is located in the center of town on the corner of Meridian Boulevard and Old Mammoth Road. Shops and restaurants are only steps away, including the free shuttle service to the mountain that is offered during the winter. You have an option of taking the red line or green line shuttle route. The red line travels to the Village and Main Lodge and the green line travels to the Eagle Lodge and the Village.
<br/><br/>Sherwin Villas has two outdoor spas, sauna and laundry facilities During summer only, the tennis court, barbecues and swimming pool are open. No buses allowed at this complex!
All of the amenities we needed were nearby such as Vons for groceries, a rental shop, and the shuttle stop. Love that the top loft area had bunk beds which made it convenient to a large group.
We chose this location to celebrate my husbands birthday with a couple of friends. The value is amazing. The unit is steps from two bus lines (red/pink) that go to the Mammoth, there's plenty of space, and we really enjoyed our trip. We appreciated the grand mammoth group for helping us out when we locked ourselves out too (sorry!). The pictures are accurate.
- Location! Right off bus stop to Mammoth and close to grocery store, gas station (downside is getting to the village was very challenging in evenings, pre-arrange rides). Ride to Canyon is <10 minutes, Main Lodge was ~25 min, and I believe Eagle is about 12-15.
- Space - this unit is very spacious with lots of beds, bathrooms, and space for ski gear which helps for a larger group (its hard to see in the pictures but its 3 floors - bed downstairs, living room/kitchen floor 2, loft floor 3)
- Stocked kitchen (appreciate that there was tin foil, condiments, coffee filters, wine glasses etc. too)
- Hot tubs are a few stops from the unit and weren't overly crowded
- Remodeled kitchen and living area
- Probably difficult to fix, but because the heaters are by room (not central), it can get really cold or hot. Hard to regulate temperature in unit
- Additional kitchen towels would help
- Welcome booklet with taxi numbers, bus schedule recommendations, etc.
- Comfy'er pillows
- Kitchen knifes may need replacement or sharpening
- Can't change this, but be aware that parking is not right outside the unit. Short walk from lot to unit
From Reno: Travel South on Hwy 395. Go West on Hwy 203 to Mammoth Lakes. At the first signal, Old Mammoth Road, turn left. Go South on Old Mammoth Road to Chateau Road. Grand Mammoth Resorts is on the left. We are located in the Sherwin Plaza at: 587 Old Mammoth Road, Mammoth, Ca 93546
From Los Angeles: Take the I-5 North to State Route 14 N. Continue on State Route 14 N to Hwy 395 North. Go West at Hwy 203 to Mammoth Lakes. At the first signal, Old Mammoth Road, turn left. Go South on Old Mammoth Road to Chateau Road. Grand Mammoth Resorts is on the left. We are located in the Sherwin Plaza at : 587 Old Mammoth Road, Mammoth, Ca 93546
From San Diego: Take the I-15 North to I-215N. Take exit 141 to merge on to Hwy 395 North. Go West at Hwy 203 to Mammoth Lakes. At the first signal, Old Mammoth Road, turn left. Go South on Old Mammoth Road to Chateau Road. Grand Mammoth Resorts is on the left. We are located in the Sherwin Plaza at : 587 Old Mammoth Road, Mammoth, Ca 93546