Dalkey, Beautiful House Dublin City, with Sea Views
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-4 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Truly magnificent renovated period house in a wonderful location, 5-mins walk from the centre of the quaint historic Dalkey village, an historic village beside the sea.
Dalkey is one of the most prestigious suburbs in Dublin and is also known as 'Bel-Eire' and is home to celebrities including Bono and The Edge of U2, Enya and Van Morrison.
There are fabulous walks in the area along the coast and also up on Killiney and Dalkey Hills (10-mins from house) which both offer fantastic views across of the City across Dublin Bay.
Dalkey is renowned for its fantastic selection of friendly pubs and restaurants - to suit all tastes and budgets - galleries, coffee shops, book shops as well as its own heritage centre.
Dalkey Dart station is 5-mins walk from the house and offers excellent, reliable transport by train to all of the museums, theatres, shopping, tourist attractions, pubs and restaurants in Dublin City Centre. The journey takes about 30 mins and there are trains every 10 minutes or so - more frequently at peak periods.
There is also a regular direct private shuttle bus service from Dublin Airport to Dalkey.
Luxurious, spacious comfortable period house completely renovated 3 years ago.
There are two interconnecting living rooms on the ground floor, both with really comfortable chairs and sofas for relaxing in and each with an original marble fireplace with 'real-fire' effect gas fire for instant heat and cosy atmosphere. One of the living rooms has double glass doors connecting it to the super family kitchen which has granite worktops, fully integrated appliances and a big electric range as well as a large table which seats 8 very comfortably. There are 2 sets of double glazed doors opening onto the fully tiled patio area, and from there a step leads up to the deck with sea views - the perfect peaceful spot for unwinding after a busy day. A half-bathroom off the large hallway completes the ground floor. Upstairs there are four bedrooms. The master on the top floor has double glass doors leading out onto a small balcony with views across Dublin Bay to Howth as well as a fully tiled shower-room with a power shower. The remaining three bedrooms are off the bright main landing (which has a double height atrium with roof-light above). Bedroom number 2 has a double bed. The third bedroom room has a single bed plus a pull out bed if required. The fourth bedroom has a single bed There is a fully tiled family bathroom with bath and a separate power shower completing the upstairs accommodation.
This really is a magnificent, luxurious home ideal for a relaxing holiday in a wonderful, convenient location.
Keywords: Renovated period house, sleeps 7
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- 2000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- Master bedroom: King size Bed with en-suite bathroom. This bedroom has double doors leading to small sea view balcony. There is a wardrobe and drawers. Bedroom no 2: Single Bed. This room has a lovely sea view balcony. If using with children, these doors should stayed locked. This room has drawers and a small wardrobe Bedroom no 3 Single Bed with table, wardrobe and drawers and a pull out trundle bed Bedroom no 4: Bright room with double bed. This room has a table, antique fireplace, wardrobe and drawers. Baby travel cot available upon request. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- The back garden has lateral sea views. It is lovely to sit out on the deck and enjoy a coffee or lunch there watching the boats go by. You can also spend time on the two small balconies looking out over Dublin Bay. We also get a lot of positive feedback from our guests about our eat in kitchen which leads directly to the back garden....moreless
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View
- Ocean View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Gas Fireplace
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jul 1 - Aug 14, 2017
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $213.33
SALE!!! We have reduced our prices from January - March 2014 from €200 per night to €150 per night and from €1200 per week to €1000 per week!
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Dalkey is a beautiful heritage town situated between the sea and a hill only 9km from Dublin City Centre. Within the town there many shops - supermarket, pharmacies, restaurants, bars, delicatessens and cafes as well as churches, railway station and a bus stop. There is also a heritage centre. The train station (2 min walk from the house) has a direct train to Dublin city centre. There is also a direct bus link to the airport.
Dalkey is close to some of Dublin finest beaches like Sandycove the bathing site for Dubliners for centuries, where Joyce lived and set some of his works (Tower & Museum)
• Sandycove beach & Forty Foot - 1 min walk (sandy beach, Joyce's Tower)
• Bullock Harbour - 5 min walk (buy lobsters, rent a boat to Dalkey island)
• White Rock/ Killiney beach 25 mins walk(surfing, dolphins).
• Seapoint beach – Car 10 mins, Dart 10 mins, Walk 25 min, (swim, watersports centre).
• Brittas Bay beach - 40 min drive (5k white sandy beach, swim, watersports, horse-riding, picnics).
Dalkey is also very convenient to Dublin city centre and many tourists use it as a base for exploring Dublin and Wickklow (also known as the Garden of Ireland). Dublin City Centre – Places of Interest
• Trinity College – Book of Kells
• Dublin Castle
• Guinness Storehouse
• National Museum of Ireland; National Gallery of Ireland; Natural History Museum of Ireland
• St Patrick’s Cathedral, Christchurch Cathedral
• Georgian Dublin – St. Stephens Green; Merrion Square
• National Concert Hall; 'Bord Gais Energy' Performing Arts Theatre; Abbey Theatre; National Convention Centre; Aviva Stadium; O2; Croke Park GAA stadium and Museum
• Kilmainham Gaol
• Dublin Zoo
• Outdoor parks: Phoenix Park (largest European urban park); St. Stephens Green & Iveagh Gardens (both in the heart of Dublin, perfect for picnics)
• Boat tour of Dublin Bay
North Dublin (by Dart)
• Howth Harbour and Headlands (stunning for walking)
• Malahide Village and beach
Wicklow (also called the ‘Garden of Ireland’)
• Powerscourt House and Gardens – beautiful old house with stunning gardens. Also contains a cafe and shops
• Powerscourt Waterfall and playground– also part of the Powerscourt estate but in a different location
• Glendalough Round Tower, Lakes and Heritage Centre
• Sally Gap
• Russborough House and Gardens
• Bray Seafront (and Sealife) including a vigorous climb up Bray Head
Dalkey is within easy driving distance to more than 30 fabulous golf courses, from such as Portmarnock, Royal Dublin, the K-Club or Druids Glen only 30 mins drive away using easy to navigate major routes:
• 10 mins: Killiney Golf Course, Dun Laoghaire (home to the 2016 Curtis cup), Woodbrook, Leopardstown, Foxrock, Marlay Park, Stepaside
• 30 mins: Druids Glen, Powerscourt, Castle, Milltown, Edmonstown, Enniskerry, Old Conna, Stackstown, Grange
• 60 mins: K-Club, St Annes, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Woodenbridge
Special Interest Holidays
1. Swimming & Fitness – Several swimming pools and fitness centres are within easy reach as well as Sandycove's world famous '40 Foot' sea baths area 10 minutes away
2. Running – There are beautiful coastal runs right outside the front door with a number of marked & stunning seaside routes
3. Cycling – Being at the foot of Killiney Hill there are great hills less that a 5 minute ride away. For a more serious challenge and stunning scenery, just travel a little further south to County Wicklow where you can enjoy the challenge of some of the most beautiful hills Ireland has to offer including the famous Sally Gap with great mountain bike tracks as well as road routes.
4. Water Sports / Sailing – Huge choice of sailing and water sport activities only 25 minutes walk to Dun Laoghaire Harbour.
5. Walking: Wicklow Way – a series of fantastic trails for the more experienced walker though the Wicklow mountains.
6. Horses: There are three equestrian centres within a 15 minute drive – Carrickmines, Brennanstown and Kellystown. You can also experience the unique fun and excitement of horse racing in Ireland at Dublin’s only racecourse, Leopardstown Racecourse, (5 Km away) one of Europe’s premier race courses offering both national hunt and flat racing
Year Purchased: 2001
Why the Owner Chose Dalkey, Dublin, Ireland:
We chose Dalkey for its beauty, convenience and the friendly welcoming atmosphere in the village. There are wonderful seaside walks as well as walks over Killiney and Dalkey Hills - super public parks overlooking Dublin City, Dublin Bay and Killiney Bay and yet only 30-mins from all the amenities and attractions of Dublin City Centre by DART train.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Super relaxing location with the choice of gentle walks over scenic Killiney Hill, seaside walks along Dun Laoghaire piers and the scenic Vico Road and yet 30-mins by DART train to Dublin City Centre. Wonderful selection of friendly pubs and restaurants in beautiful Dalkey village, 5-mins walk from the house.
- Secondary: +353 868073861
Picture of house from Dalkey Hill overlooking Dublin Bay
Comfortable sitting room with gas fire
Main Bathroom with power shower and bath.
FrontGarden with reading bench
Loreto Dalkey - 300 meters from the house
Enjoy a coffee or lunch on Dalkey's main street
Coliemore Harbour and Island, Dalkey (10 minute walk from house)
Guinness Storehouse - learn how it is made. A major tourist attraction.
Sandycove Beach and Walk
Deck with sea views
Hall of house from front door
Eat in kitchen with all appliances and large table seating 8 comfortably
View into Kitchen area from garden
Master bedroom with balcony overlooking Dublin Bay and en-suite shower room
Landing area from master bedroom
View from Master bedroom
Dalkey Heritage Castle, Main St Street, Dalkey
View from Dalkey hill over looking Dalkey Island
Grafton Street - Ireland's most famous shopping street.
Trinity College Dublin and the Book of Kells.
Dun Laoghaire Pier, stretching out into Dublin Bay (20 mins by foot, 7 by car)
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Saturday, December 03, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM