Lake House on Long Pond.(17 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
House, 4 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 4 Baths, (Sleeps 8)
On the first level is a small master bedroom with a queen bed and a full bathroom. The second level offers an open floorplan with Living area, kitchen area and dining area together. A large balconey comes off the living area on the second level Perfect for a summer barbacue. This level also has one bedroom with a queen bed and one full bathroom. The upper level has the big master bedroom with a queenbed and full bathroom. Also on the upper floor there is another bedroom with two twin beds and one more full bathroom. Each bedroom on the top floor has it's own small balconey.
A short walk from the house you will find a beautiful little swimming area, shared by only a few of the homes. There is also a spot to launch a canoe down from the house at the cosway.
The house has floorheating on all floorlevels.
Keywords: HOUSE ON MOUNT DESERT ISLAND.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- 2600 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 10
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
- Queen size Beds (3), Twin or Single Beds (2), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1)
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- Between 1913 and 1940, John D. Rockefeller, Jr., financed and directed the construction of 57 miles of Carriage Roads for the use of hikers, bikers, horse riders, and horse-drawn carriages on the island. This diverse network of woodland “broken-stone” roads is free of motor vehicles. There are 45 miles of roads within Acadia National Park and some of these allow for cross-country skiing and limited snowmobiling. Granite was quarried from Mount Desert Island by the road crews for the needed road material and bridge facing. Landscapers tastefully utilized native vegetation such as ferns and wild blueberries. There are many locations such as Eagle Lake and Jordan Pond where you can park your vehicle and go for a walk on the roads. You may even choose to take a horse-drawn carriage ride through Wildwood Stables, an authorized vendor accessed from the Park Loop Road. For those who want to bring their own horse, stall rentals are available....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Catering Available:
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio:
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - May 31, 2017
3 night min stay
Jun 1 - Jun 30, 2017
3 night min stay
Sep 16 - Oct 31, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 9%
We only do week rentals from Saturday to Saturday in July and August to keep the cleaning cost down. During the spring or fall if the stay is less then 7 days there will be a cleaning fee of $150 per lease. Please contact me if you have any questions. Spring rates are from May 1st to thte end of Jun and fall rates start September and run to the end of October.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The house is 3 miles from the trail head for Beach Mt. and the latter trails to echo beach. 20 minutes to get to Ocean drive and Bar Harbor.
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: I am fourth generation from Mount Desert island. My Grandfather Loren Kimball ran the Kimball House hotel in Northeast harbor where my mother still runs and ownes the Kimball Shops on main street.
Why the Owner Chose Mount Desert, ME, USA:
My folks own the camp right next to this house so growing up I spent my summers here playing all around where this house now sits.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
One of the main things for me is there are no moter boats allowed on the section of water in front of the house only paddle boats. This section of the lake is a protected wetland and bird habitat. Eagles loons and ducks nest in this area. So its very relaxing and not busy. The house is one of the last homes on the end of the road. There are laws now that will not allow any more building in this area. It is very priveate and quiet.
- Primary: +1 7027413409
- Secondary: ++1
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Porch of the Living/Dining area. Level 2. Small balconey of the Master bedrrom
1 out of 4 Bathrooms.
Level 1. Small master, queen bed. Full bath.
Road to water access/swiming area. 4 min walk from the house.
The swimming spot and one of the two spots to launch a boat.
Dorr Mt. Trail
New sofa for 2015 season. New sheets towels as well.
Level 2. Bedroom with queen bed. Full bath on the same level.
Our driveway. Small balconey seen, of Twin-room.
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Thursday, April 27, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.