About the property
- House2250 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
SEASONAL LAKE HOUSE (4 Bedrooms/2 baths) + BUNKHOUSE! …SLEEP 20+ !!!
• This large, rustic, seasonal lake house with 400’ (+/-) OF CLIFFTOP LAKE CHAMPLAIN FRONTAGE is 20 minutes from Burlington, Vermont …flagship location of world renowned craft breweries and distilleries, coffee roasters and chocolatiers, teddy bear and ice cream makers …and much more!
• It is situated on a 1.2 acre bluff at THE TIP OF BARNEY POINT and is regularly blessed with SPECTACULAR SUNSETS AND SUNRISES …each one framed by a breathtaking, 270° vista that includes Vermont's famous Green Mountains, the Lake Champlain valley and New York State's magnificent Adirondack Mountain Range. And ...easy access to PRIVATE BEACH and SANDY BOTTOM SWIMMING is included, of course!
• Many interior furnishings and features (tables, benches, chairs, swings, stair and balcony railings, etc.) were crafted using cedar logs harvested on-site at time of the lake house’s construction nearly 100 years ago!
• The property has been owned by the same family for 70 years, providing UNFORGETTABLE MEMORIES for countless friends, relatives and, now, visitors from around the world!
• The MAIN HOUSE FEATURES AN OPEN FLOOR PLAN with fully equipped laundry and kitchen with modern appliances …a coffee bar …an eat-around island …designer cookware, tableware and more!
• SEAT UP TO 20 ON THE LARGE SCREENED-IN PORCH for meals, games, cocktails, conversation …all while enjoying an awe-inspiring view!
• The BUNKHOUSE WITH ITS OWN PORCH AND VIEWS OF THE LAKE is an added bonus ... sleeps 6+ …a perfect on-site "away space” that kids (of all ages!) just love!
• TOWELS, LINENS AND BEDDING PROVIDED for both the main house and the bunkhouse.
• MANY RECREATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN MINUTES of Barney Point including bike & running paths, boat launches, beaches and parks, quick-stops, grocery stores and gas stations, …EVEN A DRIVE-IN MOVIE THEATRE!
• THE NEARBY DINING SCENE offers a range of options from FINE DINING to FOOD CARTS ,,,and EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN! …many are “farm-to-table” operations that simply amaze!
If you are planning a Vermont vacation this year, please consider staying at Barney Point. Great for family reunions, vacation gatherings, romantic getaways, professional retreats, etc.
You won't be disappointed!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- May 24, 2018
About Tim McKenzie
My parents purchased the cottage on Barney Point in 1948 and the land in 1984. Their children (I have 10 siblings!), grand children, great-grand children and great-great-grandchildren continue to enjoy the property every year as have countless friends, relatives and visitors over the years. It is a special place and we are thrilled to continue a tradition of sharing it with friends and visitors from around the world. It has been the scene of weddings, graduations and other festive celebrations ...as well as quiet getaways to refresh and recharge the energy in one's life. If you are planning a Spring, Summer or Fall vacation in Vermont this year, please consider staying at Barney Point. You won't be disappointed!
Tim McKenzie purchased this House in 1948
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Spectacular views, rustic charm, this house is the perfect family vacation destination
Wow, we rented this for our son’s graduation weekend, with grandparents, uncles, more family and friends joining us this house and Tim’s incredible hospitality made it a weekend that we’ll cherish forever. If you are looking for a place with lake views that can’t be beat, and a relaxing few days don’t miss this place
I love this place!
This is the best lake house in Vermont! The view and sunsets are unbelievable. The gentleman who owns it is also one of the nicest guys I know!!
Perfect Spot on the Lake
I spent a few days at Barney Point for a guys getaway trip right after Labor Day. Our plan was to spend days on the lake and nights out on Church St. in Burlington (only a 15 minute ride!). Well we only ended up spending one of our three nights downtown because none of us wanted to leave the lake house!
The house is on a hill overlooking Lake Champlain, just a 30 second walk down a path to the beach. The house was big and open and slept 10 of us more than comfortably. There was a screened in patio/porch off the kitchen with two big tables, perfect for meals or playing cards. There's a nice backyard with a fire pit (overlooking the water) that was great for relaxing, day or night.
Our host Tim was fantastic to work with. He was extremely responsive and I genuinely felt like he wanted to do anything he could to make sure we had a great time at his family's lake house.
As we were leaving on Sunday, a couple of the guys were already suggesting that we rent the house next year. I would 100% recommend Barney Point to anyone planning a group getaway and I really hope I have the opportunity to stay here again.
Perfect vacation lake house!
We so enjoyed our week at Barney Point. Awesome house! Awesome views! So comfortable and clean. We enjoyed the kitchen island. Plenty of room for the whole family to participate in meal preps. We made great memories playing games and having dinners in the screened in porch. Beautiful sunsets every night. We were in want of nothing! I never knew knew the sound of a lake could lull me to sleep! Highly recommend. Perfect spot! Thanks Tim!
Perfect location on the lake!
The cottage on Barney Point was a perfect spot for our family. Perched high above the shore, the views were unbelievable - a full 270 degree panorama of Lake Champlain and the mountains beyond. The house was comfortable and well-equipped but kept the authentic "camp" feel with exposed boards and beams. We especially loved the front porch where we spent many hours playing games and enjoying the cool breeze blowing off the water. The swimming was wonderful and there was a nice grassy area near the waterfront to sit on. Barney Point was a throw back to another era and we so enjoyed making memories there with our family.
Had an amazing time at Barney Point. Location and views were amazing, especially the sunsets.
It was an easy uber ride to Burlington. The only downside is the house can get a bit loud.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
• $500 refundable Security Deposit for damage and to ensure compliance with house rules • Extended Rentals (3 weeks, monthly, etc.) subject to terms & availability • During the peak summer season, non-standard rentals are generally not considered until 45 days prior to the proposed arrival date; all non-standard rentals are subject to availability & 3-4 night minimums.