About the property
- Villa861 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay4 - 7 nights
Luxury Vacation Rental Perugia, Umbria, Italy sleeps from 1-6 with 2 bathrooms
We are glad to be choosen as " The most Charming place to stay in Perugia and Umbria from "The Umbria Villa Owners Association”that's the only owners association in Umbria, and Glad to be the only vacation rental in Perugia selected by the prestigious SlowTourism Association and to be in their Top Green Certificate!” ….and news in the 2015 we are so Happy to be an AVROA CERTIFIED PROPERTY and so to be selected from the American Vacation Rentals Owners' Association ( AVROA )
Our historic farmhouse dates back to the 1400's, and is built on Colle Giorgio, a hill just outside Perugia. It's situated in open countryside, yet it's a mere stone's throw from the historic centre of the city.
There are 10 points which make Villa Nuba the ideal home for short or long stays in Perugia, in the beautiful Umbria:
1. Villa Nuba is a historic and typical Umbrian villa surrounded by pine trees, vineyards and olive trees, and it is ideal for short or long stays. The rent for the residences that the villa offers for unforgettable stays is not only cheaper than a hotel accommodation, but also much more chic.
2. The location is unique in Umbria: the villa is in fact situated in Perugia, in the countryside, but just a 15 minutes walk from the historic center of the medieval and Etruscan city, as well as from the illustrious “Università degli Stranieri” (University for Foreigners) and the prestigious Italian language school named “Lingua in Corso”. Perugia is also at the center of Umbria and Umbria is at the centre of Italy, the ideal location … and the more convenient for those who want to have a foothold to visit not only Perugia and Umbria but all central Italy. And why not? Even a single-day visit to northern and southern Italy is possible.
3. There is no need to have a car: at only about 600 feet of country road there are all kinds of city services: bus stop, supermarkets, shops, pizza restaurants, pastry and coffee shops. You will stay in the typical Umbrian countryside but at the same time you won’t miss what every Italian city offers.
In Perugia Villa Nuba is the closest villa to the historical center you can rent.
4. The owners live in the villa and are always available for any need or to give advice to their guests – but, at the same time, discreet and respectful of their guests’ sacred privacy. Also this is unique in rents throughout central Italy.
5. The three luxury apartments are all romantic, charming, furnished with antiques and provided with all modern comforts, including high-speed wireless, jacuzzi, smart TV, DVD player, dishwasher, washing machines, independent air conditioning and fireplaces in every cottage.
6. Each apartment has its own private and well equipped patio.
7. The new salt-water pool is equipped with color therapy and it is open every year from April to October.
8. Relax area with gazebos ( cabanas), barbecue area, aromatic garden and parking inside the property and under the olive trees.
9. Safe playground for children.
10. The elegant cottages are ideal for romantic couples as well as for families, groups of friends or extended stay in our charming Perugia. We are happy to be pet friendly.
About 'The Charming Villa Nuba Apartments': What makes this property unique is undoubtedly the friendly family management, which provides a combination of tradition and culture with the three priorities of elegance, comfort and the close proximity of the owners. This balance is beautifully achieved in apartments furnished with antiques and decorated with frescoes depicting the paintings of the most celebrated Umbrian painters of all time, in accordance with Umbrian tradition.
The owners live in an adjacent wing of the villa, guaranteeing a warm, friendly Italian welcome. They are also available to give suggestions for sightseeing and cultural tours of the most interesting Umbrian towns, as well as Rome and Florence, a mere one-and-a-half hours drive from Perugia.
The owners will also be delighted to provide any information required for guided tours with the best tour guides in Umbria.
DEL PERUGINO CHARMING APARTMENT
Three-room apartment consisting of:
• Large living room with fireplace and sofa bed
• Fully furnished kitchen
• Double bedroom (divisible into two beds if necessary) and with an EXCLUSIVE romantic ceiling: during the day a normal white ceiling … at night the ceiling will fill with thousands of romantic stars and show the Orion constellation! It will be like sleeping under a real romantic starry sky! It is also proven that sleeping under the stars improves the quality of sleep for young and old people.
• Double bedroom “Starry Night” which shows hundreds of romantic and relaxing stars when the light is off.
• Bathroom with bathtub, bidet, sink, toilet and shower
• Second bathroom with sink, toilet and a large shower
• Furnished garden (with garden table and chairs, sun beds)
The apartment is also equipped with:
• Satellite TV
• High speed wireless Internet connection
• Fully furnished and equipped kitchen
• Albatros Whirlpool tub
• Iron and ironing board
• Electronic Safe
• Small classified library
• DVD and CD player
• Living room with fireplace
• Air conditioning *
• Mosquito nets on each window
• Separate entrance
• Refrigerator and freezer
• American coffee maker
To share with the other guests of the villa:
A new and charming salt water swimming pool with color-therapy system and hot shower, barbecue area, children’s playground, sun beds, clothes dryer, Internet room with a free fast ADSL connection, garden, table tennis, parking inside the property and under the olive trees … and the fascinating landscape.
The owners are there to provide any additional assistance you might require.
-Outside, in the garden but inside the property there is the parking between the olive trees.
Umbria:The Green Heart of Italy&the Lovely Perugia: Villa Nuba is located in on top of a green hill, only one and a half kilometers from the historic centre of Perugia. By walk only about 15 minutes!
It's only 150 meters from a bus stop, and just three kilometers from the central train station. Just two kilometers away is the central bus station that connects Perugia with Umbria. And just 200 to 300 metres away are stores, markets, shops, and a cafe.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- English, French, German, Italian
- Calendar last updated:
- May 19, 2018
About Giuseppe Nuzzaci
We are a typical italian - umbrian family : Mum, Dad and me,Giuseppe. My Mum is in retired now but she was a high school teacher. My Dad was the general manager of the tourism board of Umbria. At the moment he is in retired too and he works as a private consultant. I studied International Comunication at the University. You will of course meet also my lovely child Lorenzo. He is 3 and half and he is so lovely and smart. We are looking forward to meet you and drink together a glass of good Umbria wine in front of our new swimming pool with salt water! What are you waiting for? Contact us to reserve your stay in Villa Nuba, the only charming vacation rental in Perugia. We love trips,gardening,reading and we love to talk and drink the Umbria prestigious wine...with our Guests ... in front of the swimming pool with a plate of umbrian pecorino and parmigiano cheese or during the winter time in front the fire places. On request we are always happy to help our Guests for all their needs but we love to respect the total privacy of the Guests.
Giuseppe Nuzzaci purchased this Villa in 1976
Why Giuseppe Nuzzaci chose Perugia
If you vould like to live like a local in Umbria in central Italy in charming and deluxe cottages full furnished for a total relax; if you don't like to be away from it all and you prefer to stay in the beautiful Umbria countryside but at only 15 minutes walking distance to the medieval center of Perugia...in this cases Villa Nuba is the only charming vacation rentals in Umbria for Your needs !!!
What makes this Villa unique
- The location: A historical villa in the countryside but at only 15 minutes walking distance medieval center of Perugia -The view: all around the villa the Umbria green mountains and valley - The great facilities: in each home jacuzzi, fire place, complimentary fast wifi,tv sat and lovely full furnished kitchens - The charme of the garden and of the eco swimming pool with salt water with cabanas - The owners that live in the main villa ( rare in Italy) are always happy to help the guests for all their needs.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 5:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Comfortable apartment with great host on edge of fascinating city
Villa Nuba has everything you need for a comfortable holiday plus a few extras, such as a jacuzzi bath, great views, a lovely pool area and a host, who really looks out for his guests. The apartment was beautifully clean and well equipped. Perugia is a fascinating city, full of history and culture, as well as having excellent restaurants, cafes and shops. Guiseppe is happy to recommend places to eat and we certainly enjoyed excellent food and ice-cream everywhere that he suggested. Whilst you do not need a car to stay at Villa Nuba and explore Perugia, it is worth having one if you wish to visit the surrounding countryside and other nearby towns.
Excellent place to relax and to explore Perugia an
My sister and I have travelled in Italy during 10 years. We tend to be quite critical when choosing the accommodation – that is a part of the fun. This year we chose Villa Nuba (apartment del Perugino) after going through about 100 apartments in the internet. And that really was worth it! We found a cozy and spotless clean apartment with a spacious living-room, nicely equipped kitchen, two bathrooms and two very nice bedrooms, with excellent mattresses and stars painted on the ceiling. We even found a basket filled with products for the first breakfast and meal, including wine. We enjoyed the fireplace and the candles, ate self-made dinners both in the living room as well as in our private patio, swam in the pool, enjoyed the fantastic view from the pool - and just relaxed.
Giuseppe was an excellent host! During the first evening he provided us a tour around the city of Perugia showing us all the important places to visit. After the tour he marked the main spots of the city and surrounding Umbria in our map. We had rented a car and with Giuseppe’s hints it was very easy to find the best towns, villages, restaurants etc. during our 1 week stay. The location of Villa Nuba is great: short distance to walk to the city of Perugia and to drive to other cities. However, the car is not a necessity while bus stops are very near and it is even possible to walk to the railway station.
We saw and experienced a lot. A lot is still to be seen. We have now been at home for 2 weeks and have already made a reservation for next August.
Hidden pearl in Perugia
Villa Nuba provides you with the opportunity to live the Italian way of living with the well equipped flats and the beautiful surroundings. It's location is very convient as it is walking distance to the city center and if you want to visit attractions you don't have to drive far in Umbrien. The service provided from the owner of Villa Nuba is extremely high and beyond expectations: forexample the owner took us for a drive in the city the first day, so that we knew where to go afterwards for shopping, sightseeing and buy the best Italian icecreame.
Convenience of a city, features of country villa
From the moment we arrived, we knew we had selected an exceptional property. It combines the advantages of a country-like ambience with a great location near the old city. Be sure to follow Giuseppe's detailed instructions for getting to the exact address, not your GPS, for the last mile or so.
Giuseppe was a marvelous host, willing and able to help find the best places to visit, dine, and shop for groceries.
A great location, especially If looking for a place within walking distance of the city, close to grocery stores and restaurants, and convenient for exploring Umbria and Tuscany.
Thanks Giuseppe, you were a wonderful host. Without your help on the last day, we would never have been able to return our rental car and make it to the train on time.
This is an exceptional property. Highly recommended!
The Villa Nuba: perfect for exploring and relaxing
We stayed in villa Nuba for two months, from summer into fall 2016, because we wanted to explore the Umbria, Toscana og Marche-regions. But also because we needed to relax, read and write. The del Perugino is a beautiful, spacey and practical apartment. It really turned out as a home away because of the comfort the apartment represented, and because of the helpfullness, friendliness and at the same time the discretion the host, his parents and the hired help offered. The garden with its flowers, pinetrees and pool-area is guiet and perfect for relaxation. The walk into Perugia is charming and a suitable distance for light exercise, the surrounding cities are beautiful and a historylesson each one of them. We were visited for two weeks by our grandchildren who now talk about Villa Nuba as "our place in Italy". They had a wonderful time in the pool, in the playground, and playing hide and seek and ballgames all over the property. We would like to come back, and can truely recommend the villa Nuba
While we enjoyed telling people we were staying in a "villa in Italy," it actually turned out to be that luxurious! The pool was wonderful, parking was easy, the villa was clean and well equipped, and Giuseppe was a charming and helpful host. He even helped us when my husband smashed our car into a tree in the driveway (long story) and we had to call a tow truck. The villa looks like the pictures and there are tons of small touches (fresh herbs for cooking, stars on the bedroom ceilings) that make it so enjoyable. We found Perugia a great home base for visiting Umbria and even Tuscany (just don't tell Giuseppe -- he is Umbria's biggest promoter). We did day trips all around the region, traveling an hour to two hours away, but we loved coming home to the villa. Highly recommend!
Situated in the centre of the Italian peninsula, the region of Umbria is traditionally considered the green heart of Italy. As a guest, you certainly will be enchanted by the dazzling views of centuries-old villages perched atop radiant, green, rolling Umbrian hillsides. Equally delightful is a visit to the ancient city of Perugia, the regional capital, to wander its narrow, winding medieval streets. Built on the crest of a hill at an elevation of 493 metres, your gateway to the city will be the magnificent Etruscan Arch, still perfectly intact. The Etruscan and medieval Perugia, a city of art, culture and nature. A city with important events which take place there throughout the year, for example the Umbria Jazz Festival (during the July month) and Eurochocolate (during the October month). Perugia is the home of the University for Foreigners for Italian Language Studies, the oldest most prestigious institute of its kind in Italy.We are at only 15 minutes walking to the University