Special March - April : 225 $ (Cdn) Per Day when You Stay Min 3 Nights(12 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
CHARLEVOIX BEAUTIFUL VICTORIAN HOUSE BY THE ST LAWRENCE RIVER
See the video of the house taken by a drone on January 2017 in the video section of this site. Just fascinating !
Welcome to the Maison de campagne St-Irenee !
Luxury 5 bedroom house
Directly located on the shore of the St Lawrence river.
It can easily accommodate 10 to 12 people.
It has a wonderful veranda that allows you to watch the belugas when they come visit you ! The house offers you an opportunity to enjoy lots of privacy while being surrounded by your friends and family.
Located on a large 82 000 square foot lot (8200 square meters), large enough for the kids to play, where you will find a dozen apple trees for you to pick from !
Ground floor :
- Large living room with a wood fireplace (dry wood supplied free of charge), a grand piano, binoculars and a telescope.
- A bathroom that comes with shower as well as a laundry room. An extra dryer is also located in the basement for you convenience so you can dry the snow suits or bathing suits after a long day outside !
Upper level :
- Four bedrooms: three with queen beds and one double bed. The master bedroom has a queen size bed and a private bathroom with a cute old fashioned bathtub.
- Main bathroom that includes a shower and a large bathtub.
Higher floor (3rd floor):
- Loft with a double bed, sofa, TV and large windows overlooking the St Lawrence river. This last floor is ideal for the extra visitors (a couple of extra floor mattresses are provided) or the children who can play without being annoyed ... by the adults.
POOLS AND SPAS :
- For a much reduced cost, you can also use the hottubs and pools at the Fairmont Hotel- Manoir Richelieu.
EVERYTHING IS SUPPLIED :
- All the linen and towels are provided as well as toilet paper, kleenex, soap everything you need to make your life comfortable.
- All you need to bring is your food, your piano partitions and you phone to plug in the Bose sound system to listen to your music !
And the vacation begin....Just relax, do nothing, play piano on the superb grand piano, read a few books selected from the old bookshelf in this five bedroom Victorian house and three bathrooms located directly on the St-Laurence river in the wonderful village of St-Irénée-les-Bains. This House is all yours to occupy for up to 12 persons ! It offers you a peaceful environment where the light comes shining through the 36 windows and doors and where, with a bit of luck, the belugas will come knocking at your door! You want to stop the clock and get back to the fundamentals of your life with your family, your friends or just by yourself? You plan to do all sorts of outdoor activities? Great! However, be ready to change your plans like so many people who have come in this home with an ambitious program but, because of the magic of the site, have changed their plans so that they can just enjoy being here. For a much reduced cost, you can also use the hottubs and pools at the Fairmont Hotel- Manoir Richelieu.
For sport lovers: If you are active and want action, you are less 30 minutes from hiking in the most beautiful trails. Check the 'Parc des Hautes Gorges', the ' Acropole des Draveurs' or 'Le mont du Lac des cygnes'. For golf, you have one of the most beautiful golf courses in Canada, Le Manoir Richelieu golf course. You may prefer going on a bicycle tour? Try the Ile aux Coudres bike trail. Fantastic! In winter time, the ski is fantastic. Visit the Massif ski resort, the best place for skiing in eastern Canada at 35 minutes from our place! You prefer cross country skiing? 10 minutes from the house and you are surrounded by a beautiful environment in the paths that are especially groomed.
For arts lovers: Charlevoix is a paradise for painters. It has plenty of art galleries. Also, for music lovers, you can go to a classic concert at le 'Domaine Forget' located 5 minutes from our house.
For farniente lovers : Just watch the belugas from our own veranda! True, they are often there, not far from the shore, at the end of the afternoon in summertime. Or, go whale watching! It is a 30 minute drive. Or, just stay at home, read a good book, listen to good music or play piano on the grand piano! Don't forget, everything is supplied. You just need to bring your food and you piano partitions !
Member since: 2010
- 2500 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 12
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Limited Accessibility
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 10-12
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- In the house, you find 3 bathrooms with a total of 3 toilets, 2 baths and 2 separate showers, so that when your crowd comes back from skiing or hiking, you will not have to wait too long to access the shower or bath. The master bedroom has its own bathroom. Also, one of the full bathroom is located on the main floor with shower, toilet and sink and the other is at the second level where you have a large shoer, separate bath, toilet and two sinks....moreless
- The spa (inside and outside), sauna and pools (inside and outside) that can be used in summer or in winter time are located at the Fairmont Hotel - Manoir Richelieu, only a 10 minute drive from the house. We have a special agreement with them and for a very nominal fee, you can spend the day there. It is great! Outside swimming pools and spas are available even in winter time, even in a snow storm! New : you can use the spas at the Hotel La Ferme in Baie St-Paul for a very low price. ...moreless
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
Golf Course Front:
Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu Golf Club is a 18-hole facility located in SCOREGolf's Quebec. The highest rated golf course at this facility scored 7.5000 making it among the top courses in the province...moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 12 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 20 - Jun 10, 2017
2 night min stay
Jun 11 - Sep 10, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Tax Rate 19%
Please visit our site http://www.maisondecampagne.com/calendars.php for more information about the rates
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Welcome to the Charlevoix region, a sanctuary for the outdoors lovers and artists! Our house is located right by the St-Lawrence river in the magnificent village of St-Irénée. With its 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, modern kitchen, superb grand piano, fireplace and countless windows, our house is the perfect balance of luxury and cottage feel. Guests enjoy access to pools, hot tubs and other fitness faciliies at the Fairmont 'Le Manoir Richelieu' Hotel, home of one of Canada's finests golf courses, only 10 minutes away. Other nearby attractions include the breathtaking Le Massif ski resort, a famous hiking trail, whale watching, kayaking, horseback riding as well as a state of the art concert venue (the 'Domaine Forget'), which has hosted many international musicians such as Oliver Jones and Holly Cole. We are conveniently located only 90 minutes away from Quebec City - 4 hours away from Montreal.
Other Activities: Whale watching, concerts, art galleries, etc...
Year Purchased: 1995
About the owner: Marthe is a dietitian in a Quebec hospital and Andre is a University professor in Quebec city. Mother and father of four children, grand parents of 4 ! All girls !
Why the Owner Chose St-Irénée, QC, Canada:
I bought the land in 1994 because of its size and unique location.You cannot be closer to the St Lawrence river and it is located on a private road where you can hear and see the birds in the morning and, with a bit of luck, see the whales from the veranda ! I drew the plans of the house and had it built by local carpenters in 1995-96. Since then, hundreds of persons enjoyed the house for a week end, a week or even for a longer period. It is a unique house furnished with treasures that I have found through the years.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
It is large enough to allow a dozen people to feel at ease but yet, I had clients that came just by themselves ! For a retreat, a family gathering or amongst friends, playing on the grand piano, painting, writing, singing ! They keep coming back !!
The house with the new roof
The House directly by the St Lawrence river
Photo of the house taken by a client in Jan 2017 with a drone
The Maison de campagne St-Irenee by the St Lawrence river
Winter in St-Irénée
Pools/spas at Fairmont Hotel, 10 minutes from the house with privileged access
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.