3276 Restful Refuge ~ Huge Ocean View Deck! Guest House Available Too!(18 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:30 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, Sleeps 4
Also Available Long Term - 6-12 Months or More - Substantial Savings!
**For more details about specials for this home, see the Sanctuary Vacation Rentals website or call our office directly.
Imagine yourself lounging on a spacious wooden deck watching a luminous sunset on the horizon over the sparkling blue waters of the Pacific Ocean and you get a foretaste of what to expect from this utterly charming 1,200-square-foot home situated in a lovely Carmel neighborhood.
Bright and cheerful with a wood burning fireplace and hardwood floors throughout, this secluded 2-bedroom 2-bath indoor/outdoor house is surrounded by lush gardens on a large enclosed property. A delightful guest studio cottage that sleeps 2-3 can be rented together with the main house or separately (obtain further information at #3292 on the Sanctuary Vacation Rentals website).
The ocean and Point Lobos are visible from the living room, deck and master bedroom. The upbeat Pottery Barn beach décor, with its white, chocolate and robin's-egg-blue color scheme and seashore-themed accents, will lift your spirits, making you eager to return to your home base after exploring the surrounding sights. Everything you will want to see and do is nearby. It is a short walk to Carmel River Beach (a local favorite) and the Carmel Mission, and minutes by car to the shops and galleries of downtown Carmel and the chic Crossroads and Barnyard shopping areas near the mouth of Carmel Valley. Monterey and Pacific Grove are a 10-minute drive, and Big Sur is half an hour away.
Upon your arrival you will be greeted with complimentary wine and cheese, passes to the renown Spa on the Plaza in downtown Monterey, tickets for a wine tasting at Scheid Vineyards’ tasting room in downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea and a basket of local information. An assigned concierge vacation house manager is available to assist you during your stay. We have also provided spa amenities in the bathrooms, spa robes and beach gear.
The outdoors is as much a draw as the indoors in this special home. A large deck off the living room and master bedroom is equipped with 3 teak loungers and an outdoor table with green shade umbrella for enjoying evening cocktails or al fresco meals overlooking the private, fenced garden.
As you enter the front door and walk into the cozy combined living and dining room, you will see the lovely garden and ocean views. French doors open out to the deck. When you're not mesmerized by the vista, you can play cards, watch the flat-screen TV with Blue-Ray DVD or socialize in the cheery space, which includes a plush sofa facing a whitewashed wood-burning fireplace, an overstuffed chair and a round glass table with upholstered chairs that seat 4.
A fully equipped kitchen with oak cabinetry has a gas stove, side-by-side refrigerator, dishwasher and microwave. Grab a light breakfast before heading out on your day's adventures.
Wake in the morning after a tranquil night's sleep to ocean views from the master bedroom, which features a queen bed with top-quality mattress and luxurious linens and built-in shelving. The master bedroom includes a spotless en suite full bath with combination tub/shower completely tiled in white.
A second cheerful bedroom that overlooks a rose garden can be made up as 2 twins or a king with a memory foam topper, also fitted with luxury linens. A full bathroom down a short hall off the living room has a tub/shower and counter top that are tiled in cloudy blue.
A laundry room with outside access has a washer/dryer and is shared with the guest house on the property. Parking is available for one car in a carport. Two more cars can fit in the driveway.
See also Rates Notes for additional information about this property.
- 1 story
- 1200 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 4
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Catering Available
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- 1 King bed, 1 Queen bed
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Property amenities: Washer, Dryer, Linens Provided, Off Street Parking, Gas Fireplace, Wood Fireplace, King Bed, Queen Bed, Convertible Bed, Cable/Satellite TV, DVD, VCR, Video Library, CD Player, Stereo System, Full Kitchen, Cooking Utensils Provided, Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Microwave, Catering Available, Gas/Electric BBQ Grill, Deck/Patio, Balcony, Telephone, Free Long Distance, Broadband Internet, WiFi (Wireless Internet), Smoking Not Allowed Community amenities: Golf, Tennis, Shopping, Sightseeing, Restaurants, Kayaking, Sailing, Boating, Shelling, Swimming, Snorkeling/Diving, Surfing, Windsurfing, Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Fitness Center/Gym, Health/Beauty Spa, Racquetball, Basketball Court, Antiquing, Cinemas/Movie Theaters, Live Theatre, Museums, Horseshoes, Miniature golf, Horseback Riding...moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Autumn Foliage
- Botanical Garden
- Coin Laundry
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Ocean View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 1 - Jun 30, 2017
30 night min stay
Jul 1 - Jul 31, 2017
30 night min stay
Aug 1 - Aug 31, 2017
30 night min stay
Sep 1 - Oct 31, 2017
30 night min stay
Nov 1 - Feb 28, 2018
30 night min stay
Mar 1 - May 31, 2018
30 night min stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency ($) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the manager / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates:
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The Monterey Peninsula is unique in its combination of breathtaking natural resources and a multiplicity of cultural and entertainment possibilities. You can find something for every possible taste. For nature lovers, there is the diversity of mountain and sea, for picnicking, surfing, fishing, horseback riding, hiking, beachcombing, bird-watching, kayaking, scuba diving, tidepooling, biking and more. If you want a man-made excitement, we have art galleries galore, excellent fine-art museums, local theater, outstanding restaurants, boutiques, a natural history and a children's museum, a world-class aquarium, and that's just for starters. History buffs will have a field day exploring the adobes of Monterey. There's so much to do that you cannot possibly do it all in one visit, which means you will have to come back.
Sanctuary Vacation Rentals
About: Sanctuary Vacation Rentals represents properties throughout Carmel, Pebble Beach, Pacific Grove, Carmel Highlands, and the Big Sur coastline. We combine fine resort accommodations and relaxed elegance with all the comforts of home. Our properties are places that nurture and inspire and are located in one of the most beautiful, energizing places in the world, featuring the spectacular scenery of the Monterey Peninsula and the central coast of California. From historic old Monterey, to the Victorian charm of Pacific Grove, and the artists colony of Carmel-by-the-Sea, and the breathtaking scenery of Big Sur, generations of people have been rejuvenated by the breaking waves and sandy beaches here. Our properties are designer furnished with relaxed elegance. Many homes feature the colors of the sea and take inspiration from the natural beauty of the surrounding areas. Throughout Sanctuary’s vacation rentals, you’ll find comfortable beds with luxury linens, welcome beverages and hors d’oeurvres, spa robes and amenities, local wine tasting and spa passes, and a personal concierge to assist you in every way. Our homes feature chef��s dream kitchens and everything you’ll need to entertain in style. And many of our properties are pet friendly. If you’re looking for a refreshing, relaxed stay in one of the most beautiful areas in the world– offering all the comforts of home, let Sanctuary Vacation Rentals help you discover your own sanctuary by the sea. Make your reservation today.
Why Hatton Fields, Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA, USA:
My husband and I bought our first Sanctuary by the Sea in Carmel in 2006. Our background includes architecture, kitchen & bathroom design, Realtor, Stager ,Former Vermont Innkeeper/Chef. David -Architect-loves to create spaces that nurture and inspire and Annee likes to create places (vacation homes) that nurture and inspire. We created Sanctuary Vacation Rentals to help our friends be able to share their beautiful homes and allow families and friends to come together to experience what we believe is one of the most beautiful places on the planet and have all the comforts of a home away from home. The owners of these homes are very involved and take a lot of joy and pride in opening their home and hearts to fellow travelers. It is our deepest wish that anyone who stays at one of the Sanctuary Vacation Homes feel that this is one of the nicest places they have ever stayed including every one who assists them in the reservation process.
- Primary: +1 (855) 980-5853
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Welcome to "Restful Refuge"! Ocean view Carmel home. Huge outdoor deck with gas grill for entertaining. Fenced yard with rose garden.
- Quiet neighborhood, covered parking. Luxurious beds and bedding. Fully equipped kitchen.
- Outdoor dining with a distant ocean view.
- Very comfortable teak loungers
- Since this photo was taken, the sofa has been pushed back to the back wall for much more room and open space in the living room.
- Cozy Dining By The Fireplace.
- Complimentary wine and cheese to welcome you!
- Immaculate, spacious kitchen.
- Master bedroom has it's own shower over tub bathroom.
- Master bath has spa touches.
- Guest room set up as king. comfortable beds and luxurious linens.
- Take a driving tour of the many Fairy Tale Cottages for which Carmel is famous.
- Sweet and Beautifully Decorated Carmel Cottage.
- Huge outdoor deck with dining for 6 and a gas BBQ.
- Beautiful Garden with Many Large Trees.
- Wood burning fireplace in the comfortable living room.
- The light-filled living room has a wood-burning fireplace, HDTV, DVD player and a distant ocean view.
- Sunny and Fully Equipped Kitchen.
- Roomy kitchen with everything you need to prepare great meals.
- Breakfast In Bed? Plush queen bed with luxurious linens. Private access to the huge ocean view deck.
- Lots of special touches throughout.
- Cozy Vintage Bedroom Can Be Single, 2 Twins or King Bed!
- Guest bathroom also has a shower over tub.
- Be sure to visit the World Famous Monterey Bay Aquarium!
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Friday, May 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.