The Perfect Getaway: Catskills(7 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Mid-Century Style and Modern Charm in the Heart of the Hudson Valley Closed to a
Staying at the Copper Hill House rolls a variety of experiences into one. Just 2 hours away from the George Washington Bridge, 15 minutes from Windham and 30 minutes from Hudson.
Enjoy a glass of wine on the front porch as you take in spectacular sunsets against the backdrop of the Catskill Mountains. Grill a feast, nap in the hammock or hang out late night around the fire in our landscaped side yard. Up the hill behind the house, you'll find 4 private acres with a pond. The area is as good for a walk as it is for a game of horse shoes or badminton (provided). Or bring a football for a brisk fall game!
Inside the house, enjoy a mix of old and new. This historic home has been recently renovated and decorated in Mid-Century style.
Downstairs - A large kitchen with new appliances and wares is great for cooking and gathering. Entertain in the dining room with seating for 12 and a Krakauer upright piano. The living room (or parlor as we call it) features a wood stove and 42' television with Wii, Netflix, Amazon instant and DVD player. You'll even find an unexpected spa-style bathroom paneled in cedar with deep soaking tub for two (also corner shower, dressing room).
Upstairs - 4 bedrooms: One master suite with King-size bed and sitting area with fold out sofa, one shared suite with two double beds and two traditional bedrooms each with a double bed. This level also holds a second bathroom with custom terrarium shower and modern finishes. There is ample closet space and fresh towels and linens provided.
Other perks include a book and board game collection, acoustic guitar and several Wii games.
If you can draw yourself away from the property, there are dozens of attractions nearby in all seasons. Swimming across the road at the Catskill Creek, hiking, horseback riding, fishing, antiquing, wineries, apple orchards - not to mention winter skiing. We have a full guide updated as we discover more. The charming town of Freehold is just .8 miles away with a general store, pub and an unmatched dining experience at Ruby's Hotel Restaurant(Zagat rated). Windham sky mountain is less than half an hour away and so is Hudson. There are 35 peaks to hike, 2 mountains for skiing and snowboarding plus Hunter mountains’s Zipline adventure. Taking a detour might land you in the highest cascading waterfalls in New York State or the music and art scene at Hudson. Antiquing, fine dinning and live music are a heard bit away from Copper Hill House.
Member since: 2012
- 2000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- The bedroom set-up lends to flexible sleeping combinations for groups and provides comfortable separate spaces when unwinding. The Master Suite features a king size bed and sitting area for reading or relaxing. Most spectacular is the large window, which provides a view to the forest when you wake in the morning. The Double Suite holds two double beds and a sitting area as well. Even with 4 guests sharing the space, you still have plenty of room to spread out in the largest room of the house. The Double Rooms are quaint and each have their own character. Usually favorites of our guests!...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Spa Bathroom Tucked in the most private corner of the house is our custom spa-style bath. Enter through a glass door and pull the curtain behind you in the white onyx and cedar paneled dressing room complete with robes, towels and full-length mirror. Pass through the second doorway to enter the spa with corner deep-soaking tub and rinse shower. Surrounded by the smell of cedar, ambient lighting and gorgeous exposed rafter ceiling it's one of the best ways to relax. Independent heating unit allows you to adjust the overall temperature for the best experience. Terrarium Bathroom Featuring a large picture window facing the forest, take in your own private view of nature from under the rain shower - it's cleansing for the body, mind and soul. This bathroom combines rustic barn wood paneling with modern tiling and fixtures....moreless
- Included with your stay is complimentary coffee, cereal and other consumables. You may use items in the pantry, like spices, for cooking. Toiletries and towels are provided, including therapeutic bath salts for the spa bathroom. WiFi only In-home appointments with a massage therapist may be prearranged. -- This is a strictly non-smoking house. -- Only experienced wood stove users may operate the wood stove. If you are unsure how to operate it, we ask that you absolutely do not try to for your own safety (and the safety of our home). ...moreless
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Autumn Foliage
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 12 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Basic Soaps
- Clothes Dryer
- Filtered Water
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Mobile Phone
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Thermos Bottle
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Cooler
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Rates are based on 6 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $350
- Cleaning $85 + tax
- Tax Rate 8%
The rate is set flat for up to 6 guest. Each additional guest carries a cost of $20 per guest per night.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: Patricia is a restauranteur and is always entrepreneuring into new interests. A love of nature, architecture, furnishing and interior design ties it all together.
Why the Owner Chose Freehold, NY, USA:
I started staying in the Catskills a few years ago to take a break from the city and indulge in nature and tranquility. It was magical from the first time I viewed it - totally by chance as we were visiting a friend with a home in the area. The house, though charming, was in need of major renovation and was a project I was very excited to take on. As we got to know the area, we were lucky enough to befriend the town historian and his wife. Through their extensive knowledge and photographic library, we were able to consider the the home's 100+ year history when making improvements (like hand-rebuilding the original stone wall pictured in the above photograph from the early 20th century). Also, as our escape from the city, the land itself is very important and is in a constant process of beautification. Being a fine mix of social and private, Copper Hill lends to similar people. There are friendly neighbors to chit-chat with and ways to be out and about, but ultimately we want to make sure our guests have the chance to feel as at home in as they would in their own and to recharge.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
For the summer the catskill creek its steps away, for winter all the mayor mountains are less than 30 minutes away. Also 30 minutes from Hudson and its night life and 4 minutes from Ruby's Hotel Restaurant which often has life music and always has fantastic food made with organic locally grown produce.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The gorgeous catskill creek. Steps way
Welcome to the Copper Hill House
Brand new kitchen with stainless steel appliances.
Cedar-paneled, spa-style bathroom with soaking tub for two
Shared double suite
Terrarium inspired bathroom in reclaimed wood and crystal tile.
Side yard with fire pit, grill, outdoor furniture and two hammocks
Its another country across the street from the property -Catskill Creek
The magic begins
Designer living room with wood stove and wii
The Catskill Creek its just steps away across the road
Dinning room with table expandable for up to 12 people
Krakauer upright piano
Spacious Master bedroom with vintage convertible couch
Peaceful bedroom with double bed and view to the property's stream
Cozy bedroom with double bed
Upstair bathroom with rustic/modern finishes and picture window to nature
swimming and sunning just across the street at the catskill creek.
path to heaven. 5 acres of private land with private pound
Relaxed or play outdoor games in our 4 access of private land
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM