Please use the Ask Question link before Request Book, to check availability. We will prefer longer stays of weeks or months, rather than short stays in the distant future, however short stays beginning shortly will probably work! We will look at matching any business budget and discount eg where the flat is for one person for an extended period. Thanks.
This self-catering apartment is flexible for business or families for short stays or residential. The property can have queensize in main bedroom and either queensize or twin in the second bedroom.
It is just one minute walk from some of the best views of London, between London Bridge and Tower Bridge. Being within 3 minutes walk of London Bridge station, it is easy to get to anywhere located near a Jubilee or Northern Line stop. It is also a good place to start walking along the South Bank or across the bridge to the City.
The location is well connected in all directions. You are only 5 minutes from Trafalgar Square via train, less than 8 minutes from Green Park/West End by tube, 10 minutes from Canary Wharf in the east, 10 minutes from Greenwich in the south/east by train, and only 4 stops north to Holborn for Covent Garden.
Across the street is the riverside walkway with the best views of London towards Tower Bridge and the City of London - great at night! You can walk on the riverside upriver passing the Borough Food Market, Southwark Cathedral, Vinopolis, Shakespeare Globe Theatre, Tate Modern, Millennium Bridge (which crosses the river to St Pauls Cathedral). After the Tate Modern, you can then walk on via Blackfriars Bridge past the Oxo Tower to the South Bank Arts Centre and the London Eye - the full walk is very popular and has great views of London all the way.
This modern apartment in a quality residential development is 850 square feet, with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (one is shower/toilet, the other with full bath/shower/toilet). This very convenient apartment provides a comfortable base for any visit to London.
* first floor above ground level
* main bedroom with 150cm (5 foot) quality double bed and en suite
* second bedroom with 2 x 2.5 foot wide singles or zip-linked 5 foot wide double bed, all beds with high quality linen and mattresses
* wood floors
* modern kitchen with dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave, full oven etc
* CD stereo system, TV
* double and triple glazed, with high ceilings and black out blinds
* new secondary glazing to front minimises street noise
* bedrooms face towards the quiet private courtyard
* electric hot water and 'far infra red' ceiling heating
* direct dial phone;
* air conditioning unit on request
Services and facilities
* Video entry system
* Lift plus a few steps, but this apartment is 1st floor, normally stairs are used as they are the nearest entrance
* Secure parking may be available on site or locally (chargeable)
* Linen provided, changed with house-cleaning, normally once a week, chargeable;
* WIRELESS AND WIRED BROADBAND free and unlimited
* Non-smoking (except on balcony)
* 30 seconds from riverside, great views of Tower Bridge, South Bank walkway extends west to Westminster
* Modern environment of new riverside developments (called More London), with Mayor of London's building and new Hilton Hotel across the street
* Supermarket across the street, local shops 2 minutes
* Many restaurants and pubs within 1-3 minutes walk
* Famous Borough Food Market 3 minutes walk, the area has traditionally been associated with food imports being at this location on the river
* Across London Bridge from City of London, the financial district and location of the original London City
* Southwark Cathedral within 3 minutes walk, St Pauls within 10-15 minutes walk, opposite Tate Modern and Shakespeare Globe
* Gym and pool nearby (not included in rent)
The apartment is very quiet. There is new secondary glazing inside double glazing to the front (livingrom) and double glazing to the back (bedrooms). The livingroom is also quieter due to new 4 inch internal insulation to the front walls (which also helps keep temp controlled and moderate within the flat). The back overlooks an enclosed courtyard. The apartment is on the first floor above ground. Looking at a map will only give a 2 dimensional view of the location and in fact the apartment is very quiet.
PS There is an air conditioning unit but the most effective way to avoid the few days of really hot weather we get in London is to lower the blinds during the day. The livingroom gets the sun, but there are black out blinds which you can lower during the day. There is solar film on the windows excluding 60% of heat and additional 100ml insulation on these walls which should keep cooler in Summer and warmer in Winter with less variation. The air conditioner when used (chargeable for usage) can vent through the a wall socket or out the window.