London Bridge, 2 Bedroom/Bathroom, Queensize or Twin Beds(17 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Apartment, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, (Sleeps 4-6)
It is just one minute walk from some of the best views of London, between London Bridge and Tower Bridge. Being within 3 minutes walk of London Bridge station, it is easy to get to anywhere located near a Jubilee or Northern Line stop. It is also a good place to start walking along the South Bank or across the bridge to the City.
The location is well connected in all directions. You are only 5 minutes from Trafalgar Square via train, less than 8 minutes from Green Park/West End by tube, 10 minutes from Canary Wharf in the east, 10 minutes from Greenwich in the south/east by train, and only 4 stops north to Holborn for Covent Garden.
Across the street is the riverside walkway with the best views of London towards Tower Bridge and the City of London - great at night! You can walk on the riverside upriver passing the Borough Food Market, Southwark Cathedral, Vinopolis, Shakespeare Globe Theatre, Tate Modern, Millennium Bridge (which crosses the river to St Pauls Cathedral). After the Tate Modern, you can then walk on via Blackfriars Bridge past the Oxo Tower to the South Bank Arts Centre and the London Eye - the full walk is very popular and has great views of London all the way.
This modern apartment in a quality residential development is 850 square feet, with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (one is shower/toilet, the other with full bath/shower/toilet). This very convenient apartment provides a comfortable base for any visit to London.
* first floor above ground level
* main bedroom with 150cm (5 foot) quality double bed and en suite
* second bedroom with singles or zip-linked 5 foot wide double bed, all beds with high quality linen and mattresses
* wood floors
* modern kitchen with dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave, full oven etc
* CD stereo system, TV
* double and triple glazed, with high ceilings and black out blinds
* new secondary glazing to front minimises street noise
* bedrooms face towards the quiet private courtyard
* electric hot water and 'far infra red' ceiling heating
* direct dial phone;
* air conditioning unit on request
Services and facilities
* Video entry system
* Lift plus a few steps, but this apartment is 1st floor, normally stairs are used as they are the nearest entrance
* Secure parking may be available on site or locally (chargeable)
* Linen provided, changed with house-cleaning, normally once a week, chargeable;
* Extra sofabed with linen and child's cot available (chargeable)
* WIRELESS AND WIRED BROADBAND free and unlimited
* Non-smoking (except on balcony)
* 30 seconds from riverside, great views of Tower Bridge, South Bank walkway extends west to Westminster
* Modern environment of new riverside developments (called More London), with Mayor of London's building and new Hilton Hotel across the street
* Supermarket across the street, local shops 2 minutes
* Many restaurants and pubs within 1-3 minutes walk
* Famous Borough Food Market 3 minutes walk, the area has traditionally been associated with food imports being at this location on the river
* Across London Bridge from City of London, the financial district and location of the original London City
* Southwark Cathedral within 3 minutes walk, St Pauls within 10-15 minutes walk, opposite Tate Modern and Shakespeare Globe
* Gym and pool nearby (not included in rent)
PS The apartment is very quiet. There is new secondary glazing inside double glazing to the front (livingrom) and double glazing to the back (bedrooms). The livingroom is also quieter due to new 4 inch internal insulation to the front walls (which also helps keep temp controlled and moderate within the flat). The back overlooks an enclosed courtyard. The apartment is on the first floor above ground. Looking at a map will only give a 2 dimensional view of the location and in fact the apartment is very quiet.
PS There is an air conditioning unit but the most effective way to avoid the few days of really hot weather we get in London is to lower the blinds during the day. The livingroom gets the sun, but there are black out blinds which you can lower during the day. There is solar film on the windows excluding 60% of heat and additional 100ml insulation on these walls which should keep cooler in Summer and warmer in Winter with less variation. The air conditioner when used can vent through the a wall socket or out the window.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2004
- On floor 2
- 850 sq. ft.
- Elevator : normally stairs is used for 1 floor
- Max. occupancy 6
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Rock Climbing
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
Modern 'far infra red' heating with easy to use wall thermostat (Nest). It produces a 'sun-like' effect which heats surfaces, rather than direct convection to the air, thus the ground is warmer....moreless
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Parking Off Street:
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Cooking Utensils
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 3 guests; add $19 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning, linen change (weekly or end of stay) $64.68 + tax
- Extra guest $58.21 + tax
- Early arrival/Late leave $58.21 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $388.09
- Tax Rate 3%
Guests are met on arrival at a public location near the apartment. PhotoID is required in advance. Early/late arrival, where possible, is charged at 10 pounds per hour before normal check in time 3pm or after normal latest arrival time 8pm. Earliest possible arrival is 10am. Bags may sometimes be left early, on arrival, with move-in at a later time.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2000
About the owner: Private landlord. Lived in London since 1990.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
Good strategic location for many places in London as well as starting point for walking tours of London.
- Primary: +44 (0)207 060 4855 (United Kingdom)
- Secondary: +
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Single beds 2.5 ft wide, may be zip-linked to 5 ft bed, pillow top mattress.
Balcony walkway is at back of apartment overlooking central courtyard.
The Southwark Theatre is just around the corner.
This view is just across the street.
Mix of new and old, from Tower Bridge nearby view of 'Gherkin' in City of London
The riverside area has been well modernized along this area.
Livingroom, seen from kitchen side. High first floor windows, triple glazing.
Main bedroom, queensize bed, en suite shower room.
Single bed 2.5 ft wide, may be zip-linked to 5 ft bed, pillow top mattress.
En suite showerroom (with toilet).
Bermondsey Street is one way only, no buses on this route.
Marks & Spencer, food shop, and cafes/restaurants on riverside just across road.
HMS battleship is along riverside here. City is across river.
Lots of tourists walk along the riverside here.
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.