El Angel at Granja Henderson: Farm 1/2 Mile to Beach with Pool(3 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
5 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Loft, Sleeps 10
El Angel at Granja Henderson: El Angel is the largest of the five available at 'Granja Henderson', an 111 acre farm in the heart of Punta del Este. It is the main house and sits on a 2.5 acre lot.
Every guest staying at Granja Henderson has complementary access to all the vegetables that are grown on site at the organic vegetable garden!
Wildlife is abundant here. It is amazing to be so close to Punta and be able to enjoy mother nature at its fullest without the noises, people, traffic, pollution associated with city life.
Here is a list of some wildlife that surrounds the Granja Henderson:
lots of birds (Chaja, tero teru, hornero, swans, benteveo, pirincho, picaflor, cotorra, golondrina, halconcito, gorrion, cuervillo, sabia, ratonera, picabuey, garza, calandria, carancho, carpintero, cisne, cuervo, viudita, paloma, tordo, zorzal, chimango, chingolo, churrinche, murcielago, picapalo, golondrinas, tijereta, gallineta),
Zorro, nutria, mulita, aperia, huron, liebre, zorillo, comadreja, guazu, aperea.
History: This was my mother's patch. Her childhood farm. Her parents acquired it in 1942. The place she grew up on. Where her whole family spent their holidays and weekends. Second home and until recently first one too. Originally a chicken farm, later a dairy, then a Quarter Horse breeding facility. Now, rental of cottages.
A little about the lake. Laguna del Diario is called thus because the horses that were used a great deal or on a daily basis for the garrison (colonial times) were allowed loose on the fields around the lake. The Sierra de la Ballena was hostile and they didn't climb up over it. So the daily horses were to be fetched from there. This is the translation for Diario. A diario means on a daily basis. All places in the countryside in Uruguay that are a Dead End are named Rincón. Thus the area where my father's farm was, was called Rincón del Diario. It is in disuse now, as another road has been built to access the area.
History - El Cisne: ''El Cisne'' was the first cottage built on the farm; 1943. The name came from the swans found on Laguna del Diario, in droves, lots of black necked swans swimming placidly on the lake. My grandfather lived here with my mother's family on weekends and holidays while he went building the rest of the farm. Being a civil engineer he knew what he was doing... and being extra-thorough of character he built with a sturdiness that people nowadays, when we recycle some building shake their heads in disbelief!
The pergola under which many outside lunches are enjoyed in the summer, with exuberant foliage, is purely purple flowers in spring. Quite a sight. Many a barbecue is cooked on the ''parrillero''.
Member since: 2010
- 2 story
- 330 m²
- Max. occupancy 10
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- Master bedroom has one king size bed and a walk-in closet Bedroom #2 has two single beds Bedroom #3 has a queen size bed Bedroom #4 is under loft, has access to pool and has a single bed along with an extra bed under it Loft has a single bed with an extra bed under it. Bedroom #5 was designed for overnight maid service and has a single bed with a small bathroom attached. Crib can be added upon request....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Covered Parking, Parking for RV/Boat/Trailer, Wood Fireplace. Four Fire Places. Wood for Fireplace and Parillero Included. Fully Fenced Dog Kennel. Family Friendly. Bicycle Friendly. Kids Safe and Friendly. Open Fields. Many Trees. Places to Walk/Hike. Bird Watching. Video 1of2 of El Angel at Granja Henderson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jw3AoukHfc Video 2of2 of El Angel at Granja Henderson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wZG45sRVEk See other houses at Granja Henderson: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3481600 http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3481602 http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3481594 http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3481599...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
Local Services & Businesses
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 10 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio
- Gated Community
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Porch / Veranda
- Sand Box
- Small Cooler
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 23 - Jan 7, 2018
7 night min stay
Jan 8 - Jan 31, 2018
6 night min stay
Feb 1 - Feb 28, 2018
6 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Pet Fee $50
- Property Damage Protection $79
High season require 7 night minimum stay unless last minute or in-between rentals.
Prices are all inclusive of 10.5% taxes, 8% real estate fee, electricity, water, etc.
US residents ONLY can purchase Property Damage Insurance:
http://www.propertydamageprotection.com/ and opt-out of 20% damage deposit.
Manager's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Other Activities: Shopping, Kayaking, Boating, Parasailing
Golf: 18. FARM ACTIVITY – This is an active farm. Personnel are working from early hours of the morning till late afternoon with a long lunch break and specially in hot summer days. You will hear farm tractor noises, lawn mowing machinery, etc. We try to minimize noises in the mornings so our guests can rest.
19. COTTAGES CONDITION – These are original 1940's farm cottages. There is NO Air Conditioning equipment apart from the warm winter fireplace. The summer heat is kept out by the excellent insulation of the thatched roof and the double brick walls.
20. FIREWORKS – Fireworks are NOT allowed
21. ORGANIC VEGETABLE GARDEN – One basket for a complementary vegetable picking
22. REMOTE GATE OPENER – Two Remote Main Gate Opener included
Ski: Rental Rules and Regulations
1. CHECK-IN 4 PM CHECK OUT 12 PM
2. NON SMOKING cottage
3. Small pets under 22lbs are permitted in rental cottages only with prior approval. All pets must be leashes at all times.
4. NO renters younger 25 years unless accompanied by an adult
5. DAMAGE DEPOSIT- A damage deposit of 20% rental is required
6. PAYMENT – An advance payment equal to 50% of the rental rate is required
7. CANCELLATIONS – A sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellation
8. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- ten persons
9. Seven night charge required for peak season
10. INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates includes 10.5% Uruguayan tax, 8% Inmobiliaria fee, electricity, water, gas, Satellite TV, WiFi Internet, wood, towels and linens, kitchen utensils and safe.
11. DAILY MAID CLEANING SERVICE – Is available for U$S 10 per hour
15. PARKING – Parking is limited to two (2) vehicles
17. FARM ANIMALS – Please stay away from all farm and wild animals and fom electical wire fences.
Links to more information:
Back of the House with Fenced Pool
No one in sight!
Fenced Dog Pen Plus Laundry Location
Living, dining and kitchen in the background
Den with Magna Fireplace
Bedroom #2 with Two Singles looking to lagoon
Bedroom #3 with Queen looking to lagoon
Bedroom #4 Single with Trundle & pasageway to pool
Stairs up to loft
Kitchen and parillero outside
Bathroom #4 Outside by Swimming Pool
This side looks onto the Lake
Back of the House with Fenced Pool
Living Dining room
backgound with fireplace and windows to lagoon
Master with King and Walk-in Closet
Bedroom #2 w Two Singles (Crib can be fitted too)
Loft Single Bed with Trundle over bedroom #4
Bedroom #5 Plus Bathroom #3 Usually Used for Maid Service Personnel
Laundry with washer and dryer
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.