El Sauce Cottage in Beautiful Farm Setting 1/2 Mile to Beach(1 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Cottage, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 6)
El Sauce has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen-dining-living rooms all integrated and outside a lovely gazeebo to lounge and enjoy a tasty asado from the parrillero which is attached to the house. Not to confuse this parillero with the Club House, which is also called parillero (Club House is available for rent and is much larger). The garden is ample with a lovely 'palo borracho' tree that provides a lovely shade in summer and let's the sun through in winter. You can open the door of El Sauce and all you'll see are pastures and trees. No neighbor in site and therefore extremely quiet.
See 'Links to more information' below to see youtube video and google map of the cottage
94.8 sqm = 1020 sqft
Master bedroom downstairs with 1 queen size bed
Bathroom #1 downstairs in-front of master bedroom
Bedroom #3 upstairs with one single bed
Bathroom #2 is downstairs next bathroom #1
Every guest staying at Granja Henderson has complementary access to all the vegetables that are grown on site at the organic vegetable garden!
Wildlife is abundant here. It is amazing to be so close to Punta and be able to enjoy mother nature at its fullest without the noises, people, traffic, pollution associated with city life.
Wildlfe that surrounds the Granja Henderson:
lots of birds (Chaja, tero teru, hornero, swans, benteveo, pirincho, picaflor, cotorra, golondrina, halconcito, gorrion, cuervillo, sabia, ratonera, picabuey, garza, calandria, carancho, carpintero, cisne, cuervo, viudita, paloma, tordo, zorzal, chimango, chingolo, churrinche, murcielago, picapalo, golondrinas, tijereta, gallineta),
Zorro, nutria, mulita, aperia, huron, liebre, zorillo, comadreja, guazu, aperea.
About El Sauce and Granja Henderson
A little about Laguna del Diario: This lagoon is called thus because the horses that were used a great deal or on a daily basis for the garrison (colonial times) were allowed loose on the fields around the lake. The Sierra de la Ballena was hostile and they didn't climb up over it. So the daily horses were to be fetched from there. This is the translation for Diario. A diario means on a daily basis. No meaning of newspaper fits this place name. All places in the countryside in Uruguay that are a Dead End are named Rincón. Thus the area where my grandfather's farm was, was called Rincón del Diario. It is in disuse now, as another road has been built to access the area.
Rental Rules and Regulations
1. CHECK-IN 4 PM CHECK OUT 12 PM
2. NON SMOKING cottage
3. Small pets under 22lbs are permitted in rental cottages only with prior approval. All pets must be leashes at all times.
4. NO renters younger 25 years unless accompanied by an adult
5. CANCELLATIONS – A sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellation
6. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- six (6) persons
electricity, water, gas, Satellite TV, WiFi Internet, wood, towels and linens, kitchen utensils and safe.
7. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in
8. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance
9. PARKING – Parking is limited to two (2) vehicles
10. LIABILITY - All of the cottages are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities
11. FARM ANIMALS – Please stay away from all farm and wild animals. Every pasture surrounding the cottages are fitted with electrical wire which is designed to keep animals at bay, but WILL shock a human being at low currents. Due to the characteristic of our thatched roof cottages we do our best to keep insects at bay. You will, however, most likely encounter spiders, bees and bats.
12. FARM ACTIVITY – This is an active farm. Personnel are working from early hours of the morning till late afternoon with a long lunch break and specially in hot summer days. You will hear farm tractor noises, lawn mowing machinery, etc. We try to minimize noises in the mornings so our guests can rest.
13. COTTAGES CONDITION – These are original 1940's farm cottages. There is NO Air Conditioning equipment apart from the warm winter fireplace. The summer heat is kept out by the excellent insulation of the thatched roof and the double brick walls.
14. FIREWORKS – Fireworks are NOT allowed
15. ORGANIC VEGETABLE GARDEN – One basket for a complementary vegetable picking
16. REMOTE GATE OPENER – One (1) Remote Main Gate Opener included
Member since: 2010
- 1020 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Satellite / Cable
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Linens Provided
- Cooking Utensils
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Feb 1 - Feb 28, 2017
6 night min stay
Dec 23 - Jan 7, 2018
7 night min stay
Jan 8 - Jan 31, 2018
6 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Pet Fee $50
High season require 7 night minimum stay unless last minute or in-between rentals.
Prices are all inclusive of 10.5% taxes, 8% real estate fee, electricity, water, etc.
US residents ONLY can purchase Property Damage Insurance:
http://www.propertydamageprotection.com/ and opt-out of 20% damage deposit.
Manager's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
About: My mother lived in this cottage for many a year... She brought us up in it. Many a summer day was spent here. Many games were played on the front lawn: volley ball, deck coits, crocket! Many horses were brought to a halt on this front lawn and many tiny bodies cried out 'Mummy look!' The Granja was my mother's patch. Her childhood farm. Her parents acquired it in 1942. 111 Acres of pristene farmland. It's the place she grew up on. Where her whole family spent their holidays and weekends. Second home and until recently first one too. Originally a chicken farm, later a dairy, then a Quarter Horse breeding facility. Now rental of cottages.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Living / dinning / kitchen from above bedrooms
Master bedroom downstairs
Bedroom #1 upstairs
Bedroom #2 upstairs
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.