About the property
- Apartment625 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 3 nights
1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, 2 Convertible bed(s), Sleeps 5
• 'Greenhaven' is a TOP RATED, 5-STAR LUXURY apartment in an elegant 19th century townhouse that opens onto an award-winning private garden square. Enjoy SUPERB STYLE, COMFORT, COMPLIMENTARY MONEY-SAVING 'EXTRAS '& VALUE for your travel budget that's rarely matched by other comparably-sized and priced holiday properties. Perfect for discerning travellers who want a tried-and-trusted "as advertised" rental that delivers exceptional hospitality & guest experience. Central air conditioning throughout for hot summer months.
• One of HIGHEST RATED VRBO/HomeAway properties. With 95+ five-star guest reviews, Greenhaven rates in TOP 10 of 1200+ Westminster area rentals and TOP 30 out of all 18,500+ London properties! "5-star EVERYTHING," "Hidden Jewel," "Perfect in Every Way," "Wonderful Oasis," "Great Space/Great Value/Fantastic Location," "Exquisite Gem in the Heart of the City," and "Amazing place. Look no further. Nothing else can compare!” are among the hundreds of favorable comments that suggest you can't go wrong choosing Greenhaven for your London stay.
• CONVENIENT & UPSCALE LOCATION. Situated in one of London's MOST EXCLUSIVE (SW1), SAFE AND ACCESSIBLE AREAS for visiting major sites. Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Tate Gallery, Victoria & Albert Museum, Museum of Natural History, the National Gallery and the trendy shops, department stores, restaurants and markets of Belgravia, Sloan Square/Chelsea, Mayfair and Knightsbridge and West End theatres within 15-20 minute walk or underground/bus ride.
• ALL YOU NEED OUTSIDE YOUR DOOR. Victoria Underground, train, and bus and stations, hop-off/hop on tour buses, cafes, pubs, restaurants, food stores, and shops, only 3-5 minute walk. Easy access to sights outside London, including Cambridge, Oxford, Hampton Court Palace, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Windsor Castle, Brighton, Highclere Castle (setting for Downton Abbey TV series), Bath and Stonehenge.
• MANY COMPLIMENTARY, MONEY-SAVING EXTRAS & AMENITIES rarely provided by other rentals: Free private car service pick up from Heathrow/Gatwick airports to Greenhaven for stays of 7 nights or more. (If you're staying less than 7 nights, a $15 voucher is offered to offset its cost to you if you choose to use the service.) ALL INCLUDED in your rate: CHOICE OF WINE (bottle of sparkling wine, white or red). Fully-stocked "MAXI BAR" with crystal DECANTERS OF SPIRITS (gin, rum, scotch and vodka) and a variety of MIXERS. English ALES & CIDERS, NESPRESSO COFFEE BAR with 16 different brews and dozens of Twinings teas. GOURMET GOODIES such as chocolate, biscuits and shortbread. Kitchen stocked with COOKING OILS, VINEGARS, HERBS & SPICES so all you have to shop for are groceries! Fast WIFI. International CALLING to USA. Smart (Internet-enabled) HDTV with NETFLIX ACCESS. Deluxe bedding/ROBES/SLIPPERS/TOILETRIES. Electronic MASSAGE CHAIR to relax neck and back muscles. Washer and dryer with laundry supplies. Temperature controlled central AIR CONDITIONING and heating. Professional laundered and pressed linens.
• WORRY-FREE ARRIVAL & IN-PERSON GREETING. Our 24/7 accessible property manager will be awaiting for you upon arrival for easy check in and key exchange, apartment/private garden/neighborhood overview.
• VALUE FOR MONEY: Hard-to-beat rates based on the superb level of care and comfort provided, complimentary amenities and liberal cancellation policy rarely offered by other similarly priced rentals.
• Since 2007, EXPERIENCED Family-owned/operated business with luxury holiday rentals in London, Paris, Southern France.
• Discount on London rates when booking both our London and Paris property, a luxury penthouse with stunning Eiffel Tower views, www.vrbo.com/125613.
FYI: BUYER BEWARE! Hundreds of short-term rentals, many run by inexperienced owners or agencies looking to make a quick buck, have recently flooded the London market so be aware before you book! Read all the guest reviews. If there are few -- or worst yet, none -- think twice about selecting the property. And don’t forget to check the fine print for any hidden charges.
WHAT TO EXPECT: This light-filled, lower-ground floor apartment with private gated entrance is part of a listed historic building that sits opposite the private garden of Eccleston Square. Everything needed for day-to-day living . . . cafes, pubs, restaurants, supermarkets, convenience stores, green markets, bakeries, health food shops, pharmacies, dry cleaners, and international newsstands . . . are all within a 2-10 minute walk.
PROPERTY DESCRIPTION: Greenhaven is newly refurbished by European architectural & design firms, air-conditioned/centrally heated and fully-furnished with a mix of contemporary and antique décor. By London standards it's very large (625 square feet) for a one-bed, one-bath apartment. It's designed with the idea of bringing the look and feel of the garden inside with a calm natural palette sparked by carefully placed bursts of color. Sixteen foot high ceilings and large windows in the main living/dining area contribute to its very open, light and airy feel.
LIVING/DINING AREA: The main living/dining area has a table with seating for four, a comfortable king-size sleeper sofa. The furniture is set in front of non-working fireplace and a built-in wall unit/library with a large selection of books on London, as well as English history and culture. Atop of the decorative fireplace is a 42” Smart (Internet enabled) Samsung flat-panel HDTV with separate sound bar for enhanced listening pleasure. There's access to 100+ channels, including CNN International, Sky News International and BBC World plus hundreds of movies on demand. For those who must work while away, there's FREE high speed WIFI, wireless phones with FREE international calling to the U.S., Canada, Australia, Europe and other countries.
MODERN KITCHEN: Gourmet cooks can enjoy a fully-equipped kitchen with granite countertops, state-of-the-art appliances (stove, oven, microwave, dishwasher, small appliances) and lovely tabletop accessories. The kitchen is stocked with everything needed to enhance delicious meals, including a variety of basic culinary supplies, such as spices, oils, vinegars, flour & other staple items so you don't have to buy things you'll only be using a few times.
MODERN BATH: The modern bathroom suite features a glass-enclosed walk-in shower with large rainfall shower head, ample shelving/storage and washer and dryer units.
TRANQUIL BEDROOM: A romantic bedroom with a queen-size mattress is topped with a sumptuous 3-inch deep featherbed wrapped in fine Egyptian cotton linens. Add to that, a fine Hungarian goose down comforter, and you feel as though you're sleeping between layers of soft clouds. A well-designed halogen lighting system, including personal reading lamps, allows you to select your preferred level of illumination.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 18, 2018
About Paula Harvan
I have been offering luxury holiday accommodations since 1999, with properties in London, Paris, the South of France and Napa Valley, California. Residential design and decor is my passion, and I strive to provide dwelling places that are more expressive, more beautiful than most other similarly-priced and sized vacation rentals. The hallmark of each residence is its personal style, which reflects its unique character and location. For example, Greenhaven London, which opens to the beautiful private gardens of Eccleston Square, is designed with the idea of bringing the look and feel of the garden inside with a calm natural palette sparked by carefully placed bursts of color. Quality furnishings, decor and a level of convenience, comfort and attention set help set my properties apart from other rentals. My philosophy: I would never rent a property that I would not stay in myself. So, putting myself into my guests’ shoes, I aim to 'think of everything' to make a stay a most positive and memorable experience.
Paula Harvan purchased this Apartment in 2011
Why Paula Harvan chose Warwick
I've lived in London for a few years, and I wanted to find a location that combined all of its best aspects at my doorstep: proximity to major sites, transportation, shopping, dining, culture and entertainment, but with a traditional English feel. Eccleston Square is it -- with an added bonus: the award-winning private garden. From the outside of Greenhaven, the view is similar to the garden featured in the popular film Notting Hill. You see the upper branches of trees, swirls of clematis, heady explosions of climbing roses and, here and there, the opposite side of Eccleston Square, London SW1 -- one of London's most posh addresses. When you hear the birds sing, London seems to disappear -- yet all of its wonderful sights, sounds, tastes and experiences are right outside the garden gates. Eccleston Square came about when town planner Thomas Cubitt, who developed it in 1845, had the idea of gathering everyone's back gardens together. Around the periphery, a shady walk winds though arches of wisteria and clematis. Garden buffs appreciate several unique specimen plants, including a handkerchief tree from China -- and art buffs enjoy the irises, some of which came from Monet's garden in Giverny, France. The Garden Square has won many awards not only for its botanical beauty, but also for its well-integrated features, such as several brick patios, glass conservatory, tennis court, and play and BBQ areas.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 2:30 PM
Check-out: 10:30 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Greenhaven is well named property
In a city where there seems to be history at nearly every turn, this property location provides excellent access. This flat is well appointed, along with the garden and neighborhood, it welcomes you back after exploring for the day.
The full bed mattress is comfortable. Like many Americans, we were used to our king, but we settled in and it worked.
Fantastic Location. Perfect for family of 5
The location cannot be beat! The apartment was perfect for our family of 5. The London guide books, and stocked pantry were greatly appreciated. The garden is beautiful and the location is easy to access on foot from Victoria Station.
As a time and money-saving convenience rarely offered by other rentals, Greenhaven provides guests with a pantry stocked with a variety herbs, spices, oils, vinegars, flours, sugars and condiments.
Terrific location and great room. Had a great time in London!
Steps from Victoria Station which has local rail, long rail, and buses. But it felt a million miles away on very quiet street with park. Great stay!
Wonderful stay in a wonderful flat
I can't imagine a more wonderful place to have stayed for our trip to London. Paula was attentive from the very moment we booked her flat. Everything was beautiful and well appointed. The location is perfect and the private garden is sublime. The icing on the cake is her willingness to recommend and then reimburse a portion of the car service from the airport. It was truly the easiest trip we have taken as a result of Paula's hospitality and commitment to excellence in her hosting. We will definitely visit again.
Greenhaven London is the only vacation rental that we know that provides guests, based on the length of their stay, with either free or discounted car service pick up from the airport to the apartment. Imagine landing after a long flight and having a well-turned-out driver greet you at airport 'arrivals' and whisk you away to Greenhaven. No worries or hassles buying tickets for public transportation and waiting for trains or buses to get into London. Our door-to-door private car service service saves you and your travel companion/s time, energy and money. Most important, you start your London holiday in a most relaxed and pleasant way.
Great location, great space
This flat is in a convenient location, very safe neighborhood and incredibly well appointed. I was in London on business for an extended period of time. Access to Victoria Station made for a pretty easy commute to Canary Wharf. The owners take good care of their renters. It has all the comforts of home and was a wonderful oasis for me away from the office. It was also super convenient to all the sites of London. The tube stops at Victoria can get you anywhere and there is a lot within walking distance. I would highly recommend this flat to anyone looking for a place to stay in London.
Well equipped. Great location.
Lovely place with a ton of amenities in a fantastic location. Great space for our family (2 adults and a 6 year old). Comfortable space with nice goodies (coffee, liquor, etc.). Paula was great with pre-stay communication, providing tips on transfers and dining. Location was perfect. Quiet residential area in close proximity to several restaurants and walkable to major sites including Buckingham and Hyde Park. Highly recommended.
Other Activities: Shopping, Health/Beauty Spa
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Please note all rates are quoted in British Pounds. There is a $159.00 cleaning/professional linens fee. Many FREE AMENITIES, including WIFI, wine, mini-bar, nespresso coffee/tea, cookies, chocolates. For those staying 7 nights or more, there is free car service from the airport to the apartment; for stays of less than 7 nights there is a $15 voucher towards the use of the car service. Also discount offer on London apartment to those guests also booking our Paris penthouse with stunning Eiffel Tower views.