Secluded Lakefront Cabin,Hot Tub, Private Dock,Fire Place& Pit, Quiet, $250night(54 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 2 Bedrooms + Loft + Den, 1.5 Baths, (Sleeps 6 adults)
• Boating: Public (Wildlife or Tamarac) boat ramp is 4 miles away. Boat rentals at High Rock (Tamarac) Marina or High Rock Campground and Marina
• Jet skiing
• Mountain Biking/Hiking: Morrow Mountain and the Uwharrie National Forest have miles of hiking and bike trails.
• Hunting in Season
• Cinemas/Movie Theatre
• Museums: NC Transportation Museum in Spencer; Reeds Gold Mine; Richard Childress Racing Museum
• Live Theatre: Piedmont Players; Novelle Children’s Theatre
• Restaurants: On the lake restaurants include: High Rock Boat and Ski Club which offers a full bar, dance floor and a very delicious menu; Tamarac Marina, and Jimmie’s (breakfast is delightful). This area is also known for the best local barbeque in the world. Choose from Lexington Barbeque, Richards and Hendrix (the owner's favorite in Salisbury), and Gary’s Barbeque located in China Grove.
• Shopping: Historic Downtown Salisbury with Specialty/Antique Shopping; Furniture shopping in High Point and Concord Mills are all located in the area.
• Historic Tours: Salisbury, Gold Hill, NC
• Vineyards Tour: Richard Childress Winery and Vineyards
• Bob Timberlake Art Gallery
• Sports: Lowe’s Motor Speedway, Bank of America Stadium
Keywords: Panoramic view of lake, secluded & romantic encounter, fishing cabin, girls retreat, guys get-away or family gathering, deep water, wildlife, rustic but modern cabin with fire place, boat dock, deck, mountain view, convenient to hiking, parks, zoo, historic sites, and restaurants. Located on High Rock Lake and is 45 minutes from Charlotte, Winston Salem or Asheboro. 1 hour from Greensboro
Member since: 2011
- 1600 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
Children should never be left unattended and always be accompanied to water/dock by a parent. Wear a life jacket when in or near the water. Deck is elevated. Children should not climb over deckrails and be assisted down the steep stairs to dock area....moreless
- Limited Accessibility:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Live Theater
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Freshwater Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
Deck / Patio:
The house has a wrap around poarch with 4 rocking chairs a table that seats 4, umbrella decorated with a variety of colorful plants and flowers overlooking High Rock Lake, surrounded by trees ...moreless
- Kayak / Canoe:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- cleaning, hot tub sanitation, linens, more $150
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Tax Rate 7%
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Golf: McCanless, a golf course is located off Bringle Ferry Road; Crescent Golf course is located off Jake Alexander Boulevard
Tennis courts located at Dan Nicholas Park (8 miles)
Wildlife Viewing: Cranes, large red-headed wood peckers, deer, red fox, wild turkeys and owls
·Zoo/Wildlife park: Asheboro, NC Zoo
Year Purchased: 2000
About the owner: • Maggie and Ed Rusher, owners, live in Salisbury and enjoy the privacy and solitude of our 'Mohican Shores' home when we “need to get away.” Maggie is a former registered nurse educator at the local community college. Ed operated a family-owned retail tire business in Salisbury. We enjoy traveling, entertaining family and friends, working outside, playing with our grandchildren and pets, walking, watching sports and any type of water activity.
Why the Owner Chose Richfield, NC, USA:
•We chose to purchase our lakefront vacation retreat at “Mohican Shores” because it is a combination of our love of the mountains and the absolutely breath-taking views of the water. Located only 17 miles from Salisbury, we are able to enjoy our cabin most weekends and many weekdays.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Ed and Maggie enjoy a cup of fresh hot coffee or tea in the early morning as we walk down to our dock. The scenic lake is calm and peaceful. A perfect place for meditation and reflection upon our many blessings. Life is always better at the lake. Sometimes our solitude is interrupted as the fish leap out of the water in the early mornings. The amount of artifical light is limited here so as to allow better visualization of shooting stars and other celestial bodies. The stars just seem more vibrant here. The cabin is in a very natural setting; much of the area is undeveloped.
Links to more information:
Entrance to Mohican Shores from the circle drive.
Reading nook, birdwatching & conversing in our refurbished spacious living room.
Kitchen remodeled 2015; granite countertops, built-in microwave, stainless appli
Summertime with the trees and flowers in full bloom
Our Master Bath with dual shower.
Our loft bed is queen size. What a view from here!
Winter view of lake house. Shoreline protected from erosion.
Lighted pathway to our dock, winter, 2015.
You don't want to miss this brillant & inspirational sunset at Mohican Shores.
Lake side view of Mohican Shores
Built-in Bosch dishwasher; commercial grade sink; spectacular view.
Living area with open concept
Spacious living area, comfortable seating for family gatherings around fireplace
Master bedroom with french doors open to lakefront view, deck, private hot tub.
Bedroom two with queen bed.
Outdoor fire pit with wood readily available
Relax on the deck.
Fall at Mohican Shores.
Christmas at Mohican Shores.
Late evening view from the deck. Table, chairs, umbrella
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Wednesday, December 07, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM