About the property
- House1900 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay7 nights
4 Bedrooms, 4 Baths, Sleeps 10
Only 100 yards to the ocean! This 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom South Beach home is the optimal beach getaway. Recent updates include an additional glassed in Carolina room just off the living room, new paint throughout, smooth ceilings, brand new coastal themed furnishings in the living room in lively colors which will brighten every day of your stay at 5 Beachside. The remodeled screen porch is twice its original size and a perfect place to gather for breakfast and dinner. There is also a sun deck with gas grill that has seating for 6 and chaise lounges for sunbathing. There is a king suite and a guest bedroom with 2 twins on the main living level.
Upstairs, the master bedroom also has an expanded porch with table and chairs, if you just want to get away from it all. The 2nd bedroom on this floor has 2 twin beds and a private bath. A short walk to the ocean, South Beach Marina Village, outside seasonal live entertainment, tennis, swimming, playground, and endless miles of paved bike trails throughout Sea Pines. No matter how you want to spend your vacation, this Beachside home has is all!
PROXIMITY TO BEACH
• 100 Yards
• Directly adjacent to beach access boardwalk
• Free wireless internet
• Community pool
• Free tennis at the South Beach Racquet Club
• Gas grill
• 5 TV’s
• 4 Bedrooms
• 4 Bathrooms
• Sleeps 8
• 1900 square feet
• Fully equipped kitchen
• Bedroom 1 - 1 King
• Bedroom 2 - 1 Kings
• Bedroom 3 - 2 Twins
• Bedroom 4 - 2 Twins
• 1 Queen size sofa bed
• Pets are not allowed
• The Vacation Company App will contain all of your check-in information (keyless door code, Wi-Fi Codes, and other information pertinent to your stay).
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 21, 2018
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
First Dual-Family Stay at 5 Beachside Drive
We just completed our first stay at Sea Pines after being loyal Hilton Head vacationers for years. The layout of 5 Beachside was ideal for two families (each with two adults and two young children). The photos don't do justice to the living space, which is perfect for spreading out and enjoying downtime. We utilized the Carolina Room as a play area and the screened porch as a yoga/workout area and adults' retreat after the kids' bedtime. The kitchen was well stocked and dining table was spacious enough for all 8 of our guests. A small pool is a stone's throw from the front door and the Salty Dog Cafe and boardwalk are directly across the street. Harbourtown is a quick drive as well.
- Cleanliness: Mold in downstairs master bath; floors throughout the home need a thorough cleaning, especially since the unit is marketed to large parties which likely include children.
- Wifi and cable service went out completely Fri-Sat (not reported since it was so late in our stay)
- Use garbage disposal sparingly--we had to request a service call (though tech did fix the issue quickly)
- Small refrigerator, especially for large parties who intend to cook meals in the unit
- Though the home has ocean views, proximity to the beach is deceiving. Sand dunes make the walk to the beach difficult with children and beach gear.
- Cosmetic: Decor appears cheap, worn and outdated (stains on furniture, knobs missing on dressers, etc.). Owners have obviously invested in the addition of new living space; however, our party was disappointed in the lack of attention paid to furnishings.
Family Vacation Paradise
This is the 2nd year we rented this house for my kids and grandkids....wonderful location, great family house, perfect for all 10 of us! In fact, I already rented this beautifully appointed house for 2017! Highly recommended!!
Our stay was outstanding. The screened in porch was wonderful. The Carolina room was a favorite. Having two master bedrooms was awesome!!! The views are incredible. The house is set up so people can spread out if needed or all come together and meet in the same place - perfect for vacations.
Concerns (if you can call them that - maybe suggestions)
Grill - only one burner is working.
Recycling - having a list of what can be recycled and what cannot would be helpful. We are from Nebraska and in laws are from Chicago and we had different ideas of what could be recycled and what couldn't.
Cleaning - showers were not clean when arrived. Soap still there from previous week and mold on shower curtain. Everything else was very clean. Not a big issue for our family but might be for other families.
Enjoyed the convenience of pool close enough to walk with small children.the pool was clean and well kept.the salty dog cafe and marina were also a short walk away-was so nice to eat,shop,and enjoy the music outside and have ice cream.my favorite with the beach house was the great room-open den-and screened patio areas.It felt spacious with the view of the path to the ocean and could actually see ocean from the patio.we had a wonderful family vacation at this beach house.I will say the walk to the beach was too lengthy for us.very quiet and peaceful location.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Rates shown above do not include taxes and fees