Secluded Get-Away from the weekly grind, this cabin is very new and open for business! Warm, inviting, spacious with all the amenities of a luxury hotel right in the shadow of the Shenandoah Mountains, this cabin is ready for up to six guests at a time. Fully furnished, with a fabulous 8-person hot tub, super deck, screened-in-porch, grill and one gas fireplace, you will enjoy nature, peace-and-quiet as well the comforts of “A Buck's View.” Outfitted with flat screen televisions, DVD/VCR and DIRECT TV, come and enjoy the Shenandoah Valley during the day and unwind by the fireplace with a movie at night. Yes, we have a great fire pit outside (wood not provided) and a dog run for those guests who have their best friend by their side (yes, there is a pet charge)!
This three-bedroom cabin brags two king sized beds, and one queen sized bed. Two full baths (one master suite bath and one full bath in the hall) , sile-stone countertops, stainless steel appliances (dishwasher, fridge etc.) and plenty of room for your group of up to six person makes this the ideal weekend get-away. No internet connection and no WIFI for guests but there is spotty service for your smart phone (Verizon is strongest signal). Sure, there is a washer and dryer in the unit for the guests who want to make more than a weekend of it!
Gadino Cellars offers reduced pricing on tastings to any guests of “A Buck’s View,” and downtown Luray is a quaint town with antique shops, craft stores and super restaurants. Luray Caverns and zip-lining are great for the kids as well as a day on the Shenandoah River (call Luray Chamber of Commerce for more details at 540.743.3915). Lake Arrowhead is less than three miles away for a day at the Lake to swim, boat or fish etc.
'A Buck's View' is about 90 minutes from downtown Washington, DC. Escape the crowds and the bustle for the mountains!
5% Teachers & Military discount with ID. If you are a repeat customer, let me know for another discount! You must request the discount at the time of reservation or prior to confirming the reservation.
Located East of Luray, Va. 22835 off of Rt. 211, bordering the Shenandoah National Park. You can expect an 8 -mile drive to downtown Luray. Check in is typically at 3 p.m. and check out is at 11 a.m. sharp. Come and enjoy this great all-log cabin!
Finally, we are excited about our new concrete driveway up to the cabin - installed Dec 2016!
- Early check ins or late check outs are an option pending the guests coming or going before you. There is a $40 charge for both early check in and late check out if it is available.
- Firewood is stacked by the handyman but not a guarantee. We recommend bringing your own firewood or checking the cabin out first and then purchasing it if is not there when you arrive.
- Charcoal is not provided for the grill and the gas grill is generally ready with a tank but if you run out or there is little in the tank, you are on your own to refill the tank.
- Dishes, cooking utensils, pots, pans, silverware, glasses etc. are in the cabinets. However, if you need a special utensil to cook a favorite meal, bring it.
- There are some games there at the cabin but bring your own playing cards, favorite games etc.
- Coffee pot is there with filter - bring your own grounds, creamer and sweetener.