Historic 6BR Danielson House on Beautiful Rural 4.3 Acres-Plenty of Space for Multiple Families and Friends!(9 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Bedrooms 3, Bathrooms 3, Sleeps 10
Modern Amenities with Old Barn Charm!
Want to get away to the East Coast but not sure you want to get sucked into the big city? What if you could have peace and serenity in the beautiful countryside, all while having easy access to major cities such as New York City, Boston, Hartford, and Providence?
Come experience the splendor of rural northeastern Connecticut by staying in this uniquely historic, beautiful 6-bedroom home located on 4.3 acres of pristine, partially wooded stonewalled grounds. The structure was originally built as a dairy barn, but completely renovated into a house in the late 1970s. The homeowners live in an separate, isolated part of the house so they are available for anything you need. The house was more recently updated with modernized fixtures, air conditioning, new kitchen equipment, a resurfaced and extended driveway, and a relined in-ground 40-foot swimming pool. You’ll fall in love with the glorious, classic 40’x96’ post and beam structure – it’s aesthestically pleasing, and will prove very comfortable for you and your travel companions. You can still see the original framing as well as the 150-year-old weathered wood used for the walls of the kitchen, solarium, and the first floor bathroom. The master bedroom has a delightful cathedral ceiling, an attached privat bathroom, and a balcony, so you can walk outside and be among the treetops. Relax and read a book in the fully stocked library, complete with a cozy wood-burning fireplace (and a complimentary supply of firewood), or observe the picturesque wooded acres overlooked from the wall of windows in the solarium. There is a formal dining room as well as an informal dining room in the kitchen and attached entertainment area including a large chopping block with bar stools. During the warmer months, you’ll love lounging in the screened pool house adjacent to the L-shaped in-ground pool.
This home has plenty of room for dining, entertainment, and accommodations for all your family and friends. If you're out exploring the community, make sure you check out the local museums (such as the Ballard Puppet Museum or the Connecticut Natural History Museum), the Creamery Brook Bison Farm, and the Burgess Brook Alpaca Farm. There are also numerous opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, birding, pet farms, river and stream paddling, fruit picking, and more. Whether you plan on using this home as your starting off point for excursions to the cities, or want to just relax to the fullest, you are sure to enjoy the privacy and little luxuries of rural lifestyle.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include multiple TVs, library, internet connection, private outdoor pool, pool house, solarium, screened porch, balcony, deck, fully-appointed kitchen, supplied with continental breakfast supplies, wood-burning fireplace, and wood stoves with complimentary firewood.
- Owner will stock pantry and fridge with additional special items upon request for a negotiated fee
- Outstanding location - Quiet, serene rural setting within reasonable distance of NYC, Boston, Hartford, and Providence
- 4340 square feet of comfortable living space, including 6 bedrooms, 4 full bathrooms, 2 convertible queen-sized sofa beds, and more!
- Master Bedroom: King-sized bed with private balcony
- Bedroom 2: Queen-sized bed
- Bedroom 3: Full-sized bed
- Bedroom 4: Queen-sized bed
- Bedroom 5: Queen-sized bed
- Bedroom 6: Queen-sized bed
- Bedrooms 4-6, along with a full bathroom are on the third floor.
- There are 2 Queen-sized pull out sofas for additional sleeping. And 4 traditional (non-pull out) sofas that guests can sleep on - 3 (6.5 ft in length) and 1 (5.5 ft in length).
- The Golden Lamb - Famous 'prix fixe haute' cuisine, and great for catering or events
- The Vanilla Bean Cafe - Award winning hearty food known as "Connecticut's Best Country Cafe"
- Sharp Hill Vineyard - Locally raised and grown gourmet cuisine
- No indoor smoking
- No pets allowed except with special permission
- No large gatherings
- No noisy activities or use of screened porch after 11pm
- 15% Connecticut room occupancy tax and $200 cleaning fee per reservation may apply
- $20 per person per night extra person fees apply to reservations with more than 8 people
- Must be at least 21 years old to reserve the property
We recommend you complete your booking on VRBO. Some managers will offer the ability to pay with credit card directly through VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 1999
- Vacation Rental
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16, Beds for 16
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Feb 20 - Nov 15, 2017
2 night min stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency ($) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the manager / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates:
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Evolve Vacation Rental Network
Year Purchased: 1902
About: Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for travelers. Our dedicated Travel Advisor Team is available 7 days a week and our simple online reservation system allows you to book securely with a credit card! Please feel free to call us at 1.877.818.1013.
- Primary: +1 8778181013
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Welcome to your relaxing home away from home!
Relax by the fire in this cozy reading nook!
The beautiful master bedroom
Beautiful in the winter!
The beautiful living room on the 2nd floor is a great place to visit with friends and family.
Bedrooms on the 3rd floor
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.