Amazing, Unique, Special - Experience the Lake Jocassee Home that Inspires!(17 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Property type:Chateau / Country House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
Chateau / Country House, 5 Bedrooms + Child Bunk Area, 6.5 Baths, (Sleeps 10)
The waters are clear and fish always stay!
• Wake up to breathtaking waterfront sunrises from the private balconies from all en-suite bedrooms and on all levels of the home.
• Share sunsets and good times with friends and family on the open, lake-front 830 square feet patio with outdoor fireplace. Covered patio allows outdoor play and entertaining no matter the weather;
• Family and friends can be together while helping to prepare meals in either of the 2 large kitchens or on the outdoor grill that rival even the finest restaurants;
• Private elevator access available to all floors (Call to get it pre-approved); A hillside tram runs from parking to dock makes this an ideal retreat for all ages.
Ski, jet ski or cruise the crystal waters of Lake Jocassee.
Discover waterfalls - (some just across from the house) swim, fish and water ski… or just relax with friends and family. Limited public access to the lake creates plenty of places to tube or learn water skiing without being overwhelmed by boats in this 75 acre lake. There are always things to do and places to explore from The Jocassee Sanctuary!
Play competitive miniature golf or horseshoes on the property!
Hike the Foothills Trail!
• Perfect for a one of a kind getaway with friends, family, or as a corporate retreat!
• More information, video and pictures available at thejocasseeclub.com
A FEW CONSIDERATIONS:
• No one under 35 years old is allowed to rent. Renting on behalf of guests less than 35 years old is strictly prohibited. The financially responsible party signing the rental agreement must be at least 35 years old, and must be an occupant of the house during the term of the agreement.
LIMIT - 10 occupants
• No pets, no smoking.
• No house parties. The Jocassee Sanctuary is in a pristine and quiet residential area. Please be mindful of our neighbors during your stay and understand that this home is not suitable for loud noise or parties.
• Incline Tram System/Lift that services the home will take you from the Parking lot to the Main level (called Whitewater Lodge) where you should enter upon arrival. The Lift has a 700-pound capacity. An adult must accompany anyone under the age of 18 to ride the Tram.
• Check-in & Check-out: Check-in is after 3PM on Friday. Check-out is by 10AM on Friday.
• Recommended Items to Bring: Groceries (the closest market in Cashiers, which is 16 miles away), paper products, laundry & dish detergent, firewood, floats/tubes/life vests for water lounging, fishing poles and fishing licenses. (*linens and towels are provided)
• Please limit trash. Trash Fee will apply for removal of excess (more than 7 large bags) or for un-bagged trash (trash bags are provided).
• Boat rental near and delivery available from Jocassee Outdoors Center
• Property is located in a gated and protected area managed by Duke Energy. Guests must arrive before 6pm on the first night before the gate closes. Once guest arrives at the house, there is a keycard available for use, that will give you 24hr gate access. Lost or missing keycard is $250 replacement fee.
Keywords: mountain home, lakefront home, estate, mountain retreat, lake retreat, 5 bedrooms
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- Chateau / Country House
- 4200 sq. ft.
- Elevator : Available but only for handicapped use only
- Max. occupancy 10
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 6 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Second lock out honeymoon suite/tower with it's own private bedroom and kitchen, tram system that goes from top parking area all the way down to the dock (for easy unpacking or elderly/handicap access), waterfront views and porches on all 5 en suite bedrooms, private putt-putt course, giant chess board, reflection chapel, hiking trails, fishing, biking, boating, scuba diving, skiing, golfing, and more....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Local Services & Businesses
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Golf Course Front
- Lake View
- Mountain View:
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Gas Fireplace:
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Catering Available
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 6 - May 25, 2017
2 night min stay
May 26 - Sep 4, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Friday
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning (non-refundable $290
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,000
- Tax Rate 7%
Responsible party must be 35 years of age or older to rent this property. Elevator is limited for handicapped use and with adult supervision and must have owner approval before using. Sixty (60) Day Cancellation applies for both renter an owner (see contract for details). Administrative fee of $150 for cancellation any time after reservation.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2007
Why the Owner Chose Salem, SC, USA:
We also have our own home on Lake Jocassee for over 30 years. The lake is spectacular any time of the year. There are less than 40 houses on the lake, one boat access and more than 75 miles of shoreline. The Jocassee Sanctuary, Whitewater Lodge is now available for rental and also offered for Shared Sale o those who know the special magic surrounding Lake Jocassee. Lake Jocassee is known by some as the Lake Tahoe of the East. With its crystal clear waters surrounded by thousands of acres of State protected land. Nowhere else that has the same magic as Lake Jocassee!
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House:
Whitewater Lodge of The Jocassee Club is one of those rare places that always seems to build a deeper connection between family, friends, and the natural world with each visit.
- Primary: 8644145814
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
'Amazing, Special, Unique' what previous guests say - come see for yourself
The kitchen rivals ones in finest restaurants, warm and for central gatherings
5 large en-suite bedrooms with private balconies and lake front views,
Gorgeous arched ceilings on the main level will take your breath away.
The lake - access via huge dock with sunning deck, two boat slips and walkway
Chess anyone? Outdoor play is just outside the door.
Details, details -stunning lakefront views from all levels!
Each and every room features the finest craftsmanship & attention to detail.
Ahh..spring the rhododendrons foretell the first view of summer to come
New terrain along all 75 miles of shoreline
Bouldering - well if you plan on also getting wet -lake jocassee in summer!
Lake Jocassee - lake less travelled and unrivaled beauty!
Breathtaking lakefront views from main level 830 sqft patio with fireplace
Elegant, spacious beautifully appointed - the home exudes comfort and intimacy
Master Bathroom - luxurious and elegant.
Cozy up to this granite counter main level bar in great room, next to kitchen.
Gorgeous hearth in main level great room; the heart of the home.
Every level has its own master bedroom, each warm, elegant with outside balcony
The open kitchen (there are 2), living room & dining room are ideal for family.
Wright Creek Falls - just a few minutes from the home
Beauty in all seasons -come summer and small waterfalls will welcome you
A cozy nook to read or snooze - many such places in the home
lake Jocassee - view of the lake on the road to Cashiers, NC
Early Fall - Laurel Falls, Lake Jocassee, spectacular on the mountains
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Thursday, April 27, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.