Luxury in the Sierras with Hot Tub - Stunning Getaway - 4 Bedrooms/2 Full Baths(16 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
4BR/2BA Sierra Vacation House & NEWLY remodeled bathroom
NEW for 2015: Home security system.
VERY PRIVATE: Homes in this area are not back-to-back as you will find in other areas in Twain Harte, Sonora, etc.
Truly stunning home with 4 large bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms including large sunken tubs, indoor mud room (laundry area).
Gorgeous and impeccably maintained Sierra Mountain Home! Just minutes from Twain Harte and Pinecrest Lake (where you will enjoy FREE access), Leland Snow Park and ski at Dodge Ridge.
Yes, there are many other cabins available for a bargain price, however, you will understand the value once you view the images and read what our previous guests have shared about The Sierra Mountain House and their experiences -- you're sure to create memories of your own at this amazing cabin/home.
PLEASE NOTE: Check-in time is 4:00pm and check-out time is 11:00am.
Sleeps 8 very comfortably - 10 with the NEW GAME ROOM ($25/per night FEE) see below) -- all rooms are very private with one bed per room (with the exception of the twin beds in one room)
EXCLUSIVE: First and only hot tub advertised in the area!
• FOUR very private bedrooms --
• 1 master bedroom with Cal-King bed
• 1 room with Queen, solid wood, sleigh bed (with separate outdoor balcony, including new bistro set)
• 1 room with log-style Queen bed on the first floor (with separate outdoor balcony, including new bistro set)
• 1 room with two Twin beds
• 2 full bathrooms, including separate showers and separate sunken bathtubs (simply beautiful - children enjoy 'swimming in them' and adults find them incredibly relaxing)
• 1 Luxurious Hot Tub under the evergreen trees and nightly stars
• Fully-equipped kitchen with four-burner range and double full-size ovens, microwave, coffee maker, Belgian waffle maker, spices galore, crock pot, Samsung side-by-side refrigerator and freezer, dishes (even for children), cookware, stemware, flatware, new counter-top convection oven, and a multitude of pantry items -- trust that all that you need is here for you to create amazing meals -- a previous guest shared it's a 'chef's dream kitchen.'
• Incredibly organized cabin
• Spa-like linens (most are Ralph Lauren linens throughout)
• Dumb waiter 'elevator' to easily transport groceries and wood from the garage -- you'll love it the first time you try it!
• Wood-burning, cast iron stove in great room (long-burning almond wood always provided)
• All bedrooms include a foldable laundry hamper and brand-new ceiling fans
• Every room has an amazing view of the lush redwood, cedar, and pine trees that envelope the entire property (including the bathrooms!)
• Large selection of board games and books (for all ages)
• Two flat-screen HDTVs, Blu-Ray, DVR and Comcast cable (one of the TVs is in the new game room), and free WiFi!
• 150+ Blu-Ray/DVD collection for your viewing enjoyment
• TV in great room has all premium cable channels (HBO, Showtime, etc. AND Sports Package!)
• Very tastefully decorated with a mix of antiques from Ellicott City, MD and new decor (Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrel)
• Enormous deck over 500 sq ft, ample seating for 12+ including commissioned, handmade, redwood picnic table and an adorable smaller version for children. Use the stainless steel propane grill to create wonderful meals amongst the gorgeousness of evergreen trees surrounding the property. The deck is beautifully illuminated for evening dining, as well.
Additional information about the home/cabin: All interior walls are tongue and groove pine (unlike many of the faux wood paneling you will find in other rentals). Tall beam & purlin ceilings. All cabinets were custom-made locally with knotty pine wood. Porcelain tile in the kitchen, as well as in bathrooms.
***Dogs are welcome, with prior approval***
$30/per pet/night (less than boarding your beloved dog)
The Sierras are known for the multitude of outdoor activities. There are acres of untamed wilderness in this part of California and plenty of ways to enjoy it. The Sierra Nevada hills are stunningly beautiful and we never tire of exploring the area!
When you visit, don't forget there are many memorable events in the area for you to enjoy -- anything from a frog jumping contest, local outdoor art and wine festivals, outdoor concerts and movies under the stars Twain Harte & Pinecrest Lake). You will want to visit local, state and National Parks since they are all within a picturesque drive from The Sierra Mountain House.
A Sierra Mountain House Guidebook is provided for you, once you check-in.
There are numerous rugged and scenic places to enjoy backpacking, picnics, horseback riding, kayaking nature walks on trails, mountain biking, fishing and some extreme whitewater rafting.
Have a relaxing day at one of the dozen lakes, in a fishing boat, kayak, or cut through the water on water skis! OR, just get the much needed rest & relaxation you so deserve and enjoy the tranquility and quiet of surroundings The Sierra Mountain House has to offer you.
The Sierras have an unbeatable combination of breathtaking scenery, thrilling activities, and relaxing hideaways to explore.
• The Stanislaus National Forest (blocks away)
• Twain Harte
• FREE access to Pinecrest Lake for all...and so much more!
About PINECREST LAKE: Enjoy fishing, many kinds of boating, a sandy beach with swimming, plenty of seating to enjoy a picnic (we a cooler you can borrow). It has a tiny, quaint town with a general store, post office, sports/fishing tackle shop, espresso bar, a restaurant/bar, bicycle rentals, and an art gallery.
You will be surrounded by the beauty of the evergreen forests with a variety of beautiful cedar, redwood and pine trees as you enjoy your stay at The Sierra Mountain House. Photography opportunities await you as you will have a chance to observe local wildlife such as deer, squirrels, and a wide variety of birds.
$125 (standard rate) cleaning fee - the cabin is professionally cleaned with environmentally-safe products. Most cabin owners charge you for this, when it's just the homeowners cleaning their own cabins. We're happy to provide our cleaning service's name and number. We love her professionalism!
*Linen service is gladly provided at no additional charge!
*HOT TUB FEE: $50 for a weekend stay (We will provide the combination/key once you've expressed your interest/paid for enjoying your relaxation...there's nothing like a hot tub soak under the evergreen trees and stars).
*GAME ROOM FEE: $25/night
*PET FEE: $30/per night
$59 property protection fee is added to your reservation.
This is truly an amazing cabin, you will love it as much as our previous guests have shared.
We take every additional step to ensure your stay exceeds your expectations.
Looking forward to your stay!
The Sierra Mountain House
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2013
- 2530 sq. ft.
- Elevator : Elevator for wood, groceries, luggage, etc.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered:
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- • FOUR very private bedrooms -- • 1 master bedroom with Cal-King bed • 1 room with Queen solid-wood sleigh bed (with separate balcony) • 1 room with log-style Queen bed (with separate balcony) • 1 room with two Single beds • 2 full bathrooms, including showers and separate sunken bathtubs (simply beautiful) GAME ROOM/loft, sleeps two on pull-out leather sofa. Separate key entrance (additional fee of $25 per night to use it). ...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Kennedy Meadows a 45 minute drive away for hiking, fishing & horseback riding. Pinecrest Lake offers boating, swimming & fishing. Calaveras Big Trees State Park was discovered by Augustus T. Dowd in 1852. It became an instant tourist Attraction and a state park in 1931. See these beautiful mammoth wondrous giants in their beautiful natural environment. Moaning Cavern Adventure Park holds the largest vertical chamber in a public cavern in California. Jackson is home to the historic steam locomotives at Railtown 1897. Columbia State Historic Park in Columbia, has stagecoach rides, blacksmith forge, the famous Nelson Family Candy Store & Factory, horseback riding and you can even pan for gold. Pinecrest Lake offers boating, swimming & fishing. Calaveras Big Trees State Park was discovered by Augustus T. Dowd in 1852. It became an instant tourist attraction and a state park in 1931. See these beautiful mammoth wondrous giants in their beautiful natural environment. Moaning Cavern Adventu...moreless
- Game Room:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wood Stove:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
Expansive kitchen with everything you will need to create wonderful meals. Enormous amount of counter space. Homeowner has cooked here with four others without bumping into one another. Very fun!...moreless
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Outdoor Grill:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Rates are based on 8 guests; add $20 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Cleaning Fee $125
- Hot Tub $50
HOT TUB fee: $50 It covers the cost to maintain it and the high cost of energy.
GAME ROOM fee: $25/per night: Newly refurbished "loft/game room" fresh paint, new flooring, new ceiling fan, new recessed lighting and sleeps two on leather sofa sleeper, flat screen TV with BluRay, Netflix via Wii console, Foosball table, board games and more!
LINEN fee: $0
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The Sierras are known for the multitude of outdoor activities. There are acres of untamed wilderness in this part of California and plenty of ways to enjoy it. The Sierra Nevada mountains are stunningly beautiful and we do not tire of exploring them!
Brand-new 40" Ultra HD Smart TV in the great room with full swivel mount, Sports Package and too many channels to mention, Netflix, Amazon Video, etc. Apple TV, too. We know some aren't interested in a TV, but my husband thought I should mention it. :-)
BEAUTIFUL HOT TUB (see pictures)
FREE GAME ROOM (see pictures)
When you visit don't forget there are many memorable events to entertain -- anything from a frog jumping contest, local outdoor art and wine festivals, outdoor summer concerts and movies under the stars. You will want to visit local, state and National Parks (Yosemite), we are located on the border of the Stanilaus Forest, plan to visit Calaveras Big Trees, since they are all within a picturesque drive from The Sierra Mountain House.
There are numerous rugged and scenic places to enjoy backpacking, nature walks on trails, mountain biking, horseback riding, fishing and some extreme whitewater rafting.
Have a relaxing day at one of the dozen lakes, in a fishing boat, kayak, or cut through the water on water skis!
'Our stay at The Sierra Mountain House Getaway was fantastic! The spacious cabin easily accommodated 6 adults and 2 children. Every room of the house was beautifully decorated and well stocked with everything we needed. The cabin owner was very attentive, answered all of my emails in a very timely manner, and made sure everything at the cabin was to our liking. I can't wait to go back in the summer!!!' Lu, January 2013
'WOW! What an amazing vacation. It was a dream winter getaway and the owner was incredible! We would definitely go again! Marilyn went above and beyond the call of duty and did so many little things to make us feel welcome and special. She was always available to answer questions and give guidance. We could not have asked for more!' Chris, Christmas week 2012
'My wife and I rented the house for the Thanksgiving along with 2 other couples. The place is absolutely perfect to rest and spend some relaxing time. The place was really comfortable for everyone of us and the way the house as build helps on interacting and spending all the time together. Cabin owner was amazing, she responded all the messages really quickly and even bought a roasting pan for us to cook the Turkey! Definitely recommend to book this house! One of my best experiences so far!' Victor, November 2012
'I came to stay at the Sierra Mountain Resort for my birthday. What an AMAZING place to stay. It's quiet, cozy, has everything you could want for a mountain get-away. The grill, sunken tubs, modern kitchen, and TONS of kitchen supplies made for a VERY comfortable living situation for those who don't want to 'rough it.' My friends and I drove to Travertine Hot Springs which was about 2 hours away (through the beautiful Sierra Mountains) which was SO FUN. It was lovely returning to the cabin after a long day and cozying up next to the wood-burning fireplace and relaxing. The host was a dream to work with, always responding when I needed something and making us feel like SHE was the lucky one having us stay. I would say WE were definitely the lucky ones. AH-MAZING place. Go. Go now! Why are you still reading this? GOOOOO!' Jessica, November 2012
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: I'm a California native, high-tech professional employed at Fortune 100 companies including: eBay/PayPal, Oracle, Sun Microsystems, and Visa.
Why the Owner Chose Mi-Wuk Village, CA, USA:
I fell in LOVE with this home (after visiting dozens of properties in the area, including Sonora, Twain Harte and Pinecrest) the moment I walked in and saw the beautiful picture window in the living room and all the amazing, authentic woodwork throughout the home I knew I just had to purchase it. I never even opened the kitchen cabinets! Trust me, I'm very picky and you've never quite seen a home/cabin like this -- if you have, let me know, I want to rent it, too. (smile)
The Unique Benefits at this House:
EXCLUSIVE: First and only hot tub in the area! Amazing views of the lush redwood, cedar and pine trees from every-single-room. This home is very private in an abundant natural setting.
- Primary: +1 9253546212 Please text or call me with any questions
Links to more information:
View from the stairs of Great Room and Breakfast Bar
Gorgeous great room, light a fire in the wood-burning stove (wood provided) the table, seats 6-8 when using the leaf. Enjoy family meals and games. Super-cozy every season of the year.
New refrigerator! Large, pull-out freezer drawer.
Beautiful room with Cal King-size bed with amazing views of the lush trees.
NEW: Spa-like bathroom
Queen bed, lower-level, love seat, rocking chair, & balcony w/bistro table
Single beds, plenty of games for kids, gorgeous view of the pine & redwood trees
Queen size bed, upper-level, wing chairs, & private balcony w/bistro table
NEW Game Room and , sleeps two in beautiful, NEW red leather sofa sleeper, Wii console, Netflix, small fridge, lots of games and movies for all ages
Gorgeous and expansive great room with very high ceilings. Even family members that visit for the first time are in awe of the beautiful architecture of this home.
Great room decorated for the holidays
Expansive kitchen fully-stocked: 15+ spices, flour, sugar, oils, pots & pans
All of these items are FREE for you. Several guests have said, it's a 'resort.'
EXCLUSIVE: Only advertised hot tub in the area, including Twain Harte & Sonora.
Newly remodeled bathroom!
NEW: Spa-like bathroom
Queen size bed, lower-level, love seat, & private balcony w/bistro table
Private balconies from 2 of the 4 bedrooms with these darling bistro tables!
Queen size bed, upper-level, wing chairs, & private balcony w/bistro table
Game Room and sleeps two in beautiful, NEW red leather sofa sleeper, Wii console, Netflix, small fridge, new coffee pot, lots of games and movies for all ages
Beautiful view of front of the cabin-home, surrounded by redwood & pine trees
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.