There are places where forest and water meet in such close proximity that one would swear that nature herself was a travel agent. A four-season getaway destination!
NEW for 2018: Home security system.
***UPDATE Jan. 2017. Please note: We have had two recent guests in January that did not treat our home as we would treat their home if we were their guests. They broke things, damaged oven, markers on quilts; then denied the damages to the insurance so we are unable to recover damages. We will need to evaluate guests to ensure they are respectful of our home. We hope you understand. Thank you!***
VERY PRIVATE: Homes in this area are not back-to-back homes you might find in Pinecrest or Twain Harte.
Truly stunning home with 4 large bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms including large sunken tubs, indoor mud room (laundry area). First level bathroom has been beautifully remodeled.
Gorgeous and impeccably maintained Sierra Mountain Home! Just minutes from Twain Harte and Pinecrest Lake (where you will enjoy FREE access). Mi-Wuk Village is perfectly located within easy reach of Twain Harte, Pinecrest and Pinecrest Lake (gorgeous!), Dodge Ridge Skiing and Leland Sierra Snow Play (perfect for kids), Historic Sonora and Columbia (old west town...Fun!), Jamestown Steam Train (it's real!), Angels Camp, Yosemite, Lake Don Pedro and New Melones Lake, Murphys...and so much more!
Enjoy Horseback Riding, Gold Panning, Boating, Fishing, Swimming, Hiking, amazing restaurants, an historic ice cream parlor, Skiing, Sightseeing, (lots of it!), Antiquing, Hiking or just Relaxing in the clean mountain air in this luxurious, yet rustic setting.
You're sure to fall in love with the home as so many previous guests have shared.
Yes, there are many other cabins available for a bargain price, however, you will certainly feel the value once you view the images and read what our previous guests have shared about The Sierra Mountain House and their experiences -- you're sure to create memories of your own at this amazing cabin/home.
PLEASE NOTE: Check-in time is 4:00pm and check-out time is 11:00am.
Sleeps 8 very comfortably - 10 with the NEW GAME ROOM ($25/per night FEE -- all rooms are very private with one bed per room (with the exception of the twin beds in one room)
EXCLUSIVE: First and only hot tub advertised in the area!
• FOUR very private bedrooms --
• 1 master bedroom with Cal-King bed
• 1 room with Queen, solid wood, sleigh bed (with separate outdoor balcony, including new bistro set)
• 1 room with log-style Queen bed on the first floor (with separate outdoor balcony, including new bistro set)
• 1 room with two Twin beds
• 2 full bathrooms, including separate showers and separate sunken bathtubs (simply beautiful - children enjoy 'swimming in them' and adults find them incredibly relaxing). One recently beautifully remodeled!
• 1 Luxurious Hot Tub under the evergreen trees and nightly stars
• Fully-equipped kitchen with four-burner range and double full-size ovens, microwave, coffee maker, Belgian waffle maker, spices galore, crock pot, Samsung side-by-side refrigerator and freezer, dishes (even for children), cookware, stemware, flatware, new counter-top convection oven, and a multitude of pantry items -- trust that all that you need is here for you to create amazing meals -- a previous guest shared it's a 'chef's dream kitchen.'
• Incredibly organized cabin
• Spa-like linens (most are Ralph Lauren linens throughout)
• Dumb waiter 'elevator' to easily transport groceries and wood from the garage -- you'll love it the first time you try it!
• Wood-burning, cast iron stove in great room (long-burning almond wood always provided)
• All bedrooms include a foldable laundry hamper and brand-new ceiling fans
• Every room has an amazing view of the lush redwood, cedar, and pine trees that envelope the entire property (including the bathrooms!)
• Large selection of board games and books (for all ages)
• Two flat-screen HDTVs, Blu-Ray, DVR and Comcast cable (one of the TVs is in the new game room), and free WiFi!
• 150+ Blu-Ray/DVD collection for your viewing enjoyment
• TV in great room has all premium cable channels (HBO, Showtime, etc. AND Sports Package!)
• Very tastefully decorated with a mix of antiques from Ellicott City, MD and new decor (Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrel)
• Enormous deck over 500 sq ft, ample seating for 12+ including commissioned, handmade, redwood picnic table and an adorable smaller version for children. Use the stainless steel propane grill to create wonderful meals amongst the gorgeousness of evergreen trees surrounding the property. The deck is beautifully illuminated for evening dining, as well.
Additional information about the home/cabin: All interior walls are tongue and groove pine (unlike many of the faux wood paneling you will find in other rentals). Tall beam & purlin ceilings. All cabinets were custom-made locally with knotty pine wood. Porcelain tile in the kitchen, as well as in bathrooms.
***Dogs are welcome, with prior approval***
$35/per pet/night (less than boarding your beloved dog or pet)
The Sierras are known for the multitude of outdoor activities. There are acres of untamed wilderness in this part of California and plenty of ways to enjoy it. The Sierra Nevada hills are stunningly beautiful and we never tire of exploring the area!
When you visit, don't forget there are many memorable events in the area for you to enjoy -- anything from a frog jumping contest, local outdoor art and wine festivals, outdoor concerts and movies under the stars Twain Harte & Pinecrest Lake). You will want to visit local, state and National Parks since they are all within a picturesque drive from The Sierra Mountain House.
A Sierra Mountain House Guidebook is provided for you, once you check-in.
There are numerous rugged and scenic places to enjoy backpacking, picnics, horseback riding, kayaking nature walks on trails, mountain biking, fishing and some extreme whitewater rafting.
Have a relaxing day at one of the dozen lakes, in a fishing boat, kayak, or cut through the water on water skis! OR, just get the much needed rest & relaxation you so deserve and enjoy the tranquility and quiet of surroundings The Sierra Mountain House has to offer you.
The Sierras have an unbeatable combination of breathtaking scenery, thrilling activities, and relaxing hideaways to explore.
• The Stanislaus National Forest (blocks away)
• Twain Harte
• FREE access to Pinecrest Lake for all...and so much more!
About PINECREST LAKE: Enjoy fishing, many kinds of boating, a sandy beach with swimming, plenty of seating to enjoy a picnic (we a cooler you can borrow). It has a tiny, quaint town with a general store, post office, sports/fishing tackle shop, espresso bar, a restaurant/bar, bicycle rentals, and an art gallery.
You will be surrounded by the beauty of the evergreen forests with a variety of beautiful cedar, redwood and pine trees as you enjoy your stay at The Sierra Mountain House. Photography opportunities await you as you will have a chance to observe local wildlife such as deer, squirrels, and a wide variety of birds.
$135 (standard rate) cleaning fee - the cabin is professionally cleaned with environmentally-safe products. Most cabin owners charge you for this, when it's just the homeowners cleaning their own cabins. We're happy to provide our cleaning service's name and number. We love her professionalism!
*Linen service is gladly provided at no additional charge!
*HOT TUB FEE: $50 for your entire stay (We will provide the combination/key once you've expressed your interest/paid for enjoying your relaxation...there's nothing like a hot tub soak under the evergreen trees and stars).
*GAME ROOM FEE: $25/night
*PET FEE: $30/per night
$300 property protection fee is added to your reservation.
This is truly an amazing cabin, you will love it as much as our previous guests have shared.
We take every additional step to ensure your stay exceeds your expectations.
Looking forward to your stay!
Marilyn & Eric
The Sierra Mountain House