Secluded Luxurious Rustic Log Camp in the Heart of the Adirondacks: Camp Ankabos(6 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:Lodge
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
4 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, sleeps 16
Prom groups are welcome at $90 per head per night. Adult supervision will be nearby. Security deposit of $2,000 required.
Camp Ankabos is located at the end of a 1/2 mile private road at the foot of Crane Mountain. The pristine Garnet Lake is a 5 minute drive and Gore Mountain downhill skiing is a 15 minute drive.
The Camp overlooks a mountain pond with a picnic area that is part of the 45 acres owned by the Buckskin Valley Homeowners' Association. The pond is very cold as it is spring fed, so it isn't really a swimming pond. The private lane is maintained by the Association. The seven homes in the Association are all second homes and there are rarely many people around. There are hiking and snowshoe/ski trails on the 45 acres.
The popular hiking trail to Crane Mountain is nearby and in the summer the kayaking and swimming at Garnet Lake is just superb.
Decorated in true Adirondack camp style with leather couches and a collection of antique taxidermy.
Large Jacuzzi tub in Master Bathroom suite.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2011
- 3000 sq. ft.
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16, Beds for 16
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Snowshoe/Cross Country Ski Trails Camp Ankabos is part of the Buckskin Valley Association which owns 45 acres of common land. Several landowners in the area have given each other access to their property for snowshoeing and cross country skiing. NO SNOWMOBILING is allowed on the trails. When the snow is good, one of the property owners grooms the trails for cross country skiing. Groomed or not, they are still fine for snowshoes (and dogs). You can rent snowshoes and skis at Beaverbrook – mentioned below. If you decide to use these trails, it is strictly AT YOUR OWN RISK. They are not part of my property or part of the rental. There is a trail map on the kitchen counter at the Camp. The closest trailhead is a sharp right turn into the woods at the top of the Camp driveway. ...moreless
- Away From It All
- Coin Laundry
Local Services & Businesses
- Scenic Drives
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 17 people
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Parking Off Street
- Lobster Pot
- Wood Deck
Pool / Spa
- Indoor Hot Tub
- Spa Whirlpool
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Rates are based on 15 guests; add $50 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $0
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,000
- Cleaning $75
- Taxes Not included
Quoted rates are for adult groups and families. Prom groups are welcome - rates are $90 per person per night and adult supervision will be arranged. A damage deposit of $2,000 is required.
Hunters are welcome
Owner's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The area around the Gore Mountain Ski Resort is classic Adirondack country. Gore Mountain is a 15 minute drive away. In addition to the winter activities at Gore Mountain, there is kayaking and hiking very close by. In the winter, there are snow shoeing and cross country ski trails right out the back door of the property and many more in the vicinity. The property sits at the base of Crane Mountain (a popular mountain to hike), near the beautiful, largely undeveloped, Garnet Lake.
It is a very peaceful and secluded setting. Perfect for letting the children and pets run free.
View looking up from the pond. This hill makes a great sledding hill in winter
Front of the Camp
Kitchen area -- includes 4 barstools at the island. Dishwasher and garbage disp
Living room and stairs to 2nd floor
Master bathroom. Large spa tub on right.
4th Bedroom -- on 2nd floor. Queen bed. Shares bathroom with Bunkroom
View of pond from back porch
View from house toward the pond and Pine Ridge
Dining room -- it is open to the kitchen area
First floor bedroom - queen sized bed. Adjoins full bathroom
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.