A Shore Thing Virtual Tour is Here ... Check it Out!
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
A SHORE THING is a freshly renovated 1500 square foot waterfront cottage with three bedrooms and two baths. Located on expansive Mattox Creek, it is only 8 minutes by boat or car to the quaint town of Colonial Beach. Enjoy quiet mornings on the deck overlooking Mattox Creek and the fabulous sunsets in this quiet golf cart community.
With its own pier and covered boat dock, bring your boat or jet ski and your backyard is endless!. Water and electricity are provided for your convenience at the boat dock.
House is beautifully decorated and fully furnished. Both living room and dining area have waterfront views. New master bedroom has a waterfront view with a king-size bed, walk-in closet, and large private bath. Second master bedroom has a king-size bed with a large walk-in closet/dressing room. Third bedroom has one extra-long twin bed.
Privacy fencing encloses the sides only of the back yard (facing water).
- 46” LED flat screen TV with HD and blue ray DVD (living area)
- 32” flat screen TV with built in DVD player (master bedrooms)
- 22” flat screen smart TV (third bedroom)
- cable TV
- high speed internet and wireless access
- telephone (free long distance)
Rental Rules & Policies: 1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside of the cottage, front porch or deck area.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. Children are welcome but be advised that the cottage is not child-safe for small children. You are welcome to move sharp objects or otherwise dangerous objects up out of reach however please put them back in their proper place before checking out.
4. We do not rent to vacationing students or singles under the age of 26 without accompaniment of an adult.
5. A Shore Thing is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
6. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
7. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
8. Pets are NOT allowed on the property.
9. Parking: Parking is limited to 2 vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in driveway area only.
10. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
11. Sewer System: The property is on a central sewer system. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the sewer system, you could be charged damages of up to $250.00.
12. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- 1500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
- Master suite offers a waterfront view, king size bed, walk-in closet, and large bath. Second bedroom has a king size bed and separate large walk-in closet/dressing room (a pack-n-play is available if needed and stored in this area). Third bedroom is next to the second bedroom and has an extra-long twin bed and large closet. Each master bedroom has a flat screen TV with DVD player and clock radio. Third bedroom has a smart TV. All bedrooms have new carpet and are freshly painted. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Audio Tape Player
- Books For Adults
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Sofa Bed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $13 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
Max number of guests is 5.
Thanksgiving and Christmas requires 3 night minimum. No check in on actual holiday.
Rental payments accepted by credit card, check, money order.
More than 60 days: Full refund ----- 30 days or more: Half of rental fee refunded *. Security deposit not refunded.
Less than 30 days: No refund *
* Full refunds are made if we can rebook your dates.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2004
Why the Owner Chose Colonial Beach, VA, USA:
This waterfront property has expansive water views and is located in a quiet residential neighborhood. It has been newly renovated so it is fresh and inviting for guests of all ages. Its private pier and covered boat dock with furnished lounging area offer unique relaxation opportunities.
- Primary: +1 8042247518 do not call after 9:00 P.M.
- Secondary: +1 804 761-4575 do not call after 9:00 P.M.
- Fax: +1 804 224-7518
Ashorething street view. 3 bedroom - 2 full baths, 1500 sq ft living space
Backyard view of upper Mattox Creek
Front entrance / foyer. Full size washer and dryer closet around the corner.
Dining area adjacent to living room. Kitchen and hallway in background.
New kitchens with silestone countertops. Entry way to living room, dining room.
Master suite bedroom waterfront view
Second bedroom with king size bed. New carpet and freshly painted.
Third bedroom ... twin bed.All new carpet and freshly painted.
Second bath new tub/shower. New vinyl floor and freshly painted.
Pier & boathouse with 25' covered slip, 12' x 14' covered sitting & deck areas
Blue Heron at dusk on neighbors pier -- picture taken by our Canadian guests
Side view -- new master suite facing the water is on the far right.
View from deck toward Potomac River
Living room with entertainment center. Waterfront views of Mattox Creek.
All new kitchen, hardwood floors; water view from kitchen pass throughs
Master suite with king size bed (all new). Large walk in closet to the right.
Master suite bathroom adjacent to master bedroom.
Second Bedroom walk in closet/dressing room. New carpet and freshly painted.
Second bath adjacent to second and third bedrooms.
Deck, table, chairs, umbrella and grill just of living room/dinning area.
Covered boathouse sitting area
Ashorething Fall Sunset (taken by our guests September, 2011)
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.