Highly Recommended 1920's Cottage(28 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
2 bedrooms, 1 full bath, sleeps 4-5
Read our raving reviews: Although this property has only been on the rental market for a short time, we have already been highly rated by our lovely guests. See what others have to say about staying at Laurel Lane!
This property is not just another house: It is a historic landmark with great energy -- it's charm will capture you the minute you walk in. It is tastefully decorated with art and objects collected from around the world. The owner is well traveled and has a great eye for design. The neighborhood is also really special. For those who are familiar with Austin, you know why...for those who are first time travelers to Austin, you'll be in the center of town, near the University, close to Downtown while in an established restored turn-of-the-century neighborhood. Stroll around and take it in, grab a coffee in one of the many coffee shops, walk to get fresh farmed groceries or dine at local restaurants and be sure to stop at a nearby bakery to pick up some dessert! From this location you can walk, bike or drive to anything your heart desires -- you're in the center of it all!
Accommodations : The House is ideal for two couples, one couple in each bedroom. If there is a fifth guest in your party, there is plenty of floor space for an inflatable mattress. Children are welcome!
For your convenience, a Caretaker is available 24/7 to answer all your questions, give you directions and suggestions to make your stay with us exceptional! We will arrange your check in and check out and make sure we exceed your expectations!
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- 1500 sq. ft.
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
- Master Bedroom in very spacious with two closets and a reading area. There are 5 large windows (with shades) so there is plenty of natural light. West Elm queen bed with 100% cotton 350 thread count linens and a down comforter. The room also includes a remarkable Nakamichi SoundSpace 5 system which delivers stereo reproduction that rivals concert-halls. Both the sound system and modern ceiling fan can be operated with a remote control for your comfort. The 2nd bedroom features a comfortable custom built Murphy's Bed (built from gorgeous Brazilian Red Wood). This set up offers added flexibility when additional floor space is desired - use it as an office space, meditation room, play space, or as a guest room. Linens are 100% cotton 350 thread count. There are 4 large windows, two of which look out onto the porch. A closet and lots of built in shelves make this room feel like home! Ipod music dock provided. Floors throughout the house are original long leaf pine hardwood....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The house is equipped with everything you would need! The owner has thought of everything to make your stay relaxing so just unwind and take in Austin's magic. Feel 'tucked away' in this home and only two blocks from Guadalupe St - one of Austin's well known main arteries through downtown. Whether you have a car or travel by foot, nothing is too far! The house is located in a quiet, safe neighborhood just a block from Hemphill park. While you go out for a stroll around the neighborhood, be sure to check out other houses -- many of them are 'registered historic homes', with interesting architectural designs from the 1920's. As an added bonus, guests will receive a 10% discount at Viva Day Spa on all spa services during their stay. VIva is one of Austin's premier day spas for men and women. Appointments can be booked ahead of time for groups or individuals. Contact the owner for further details or visit vivadayspa.com....moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library
- Botanical Garden
- Coin Laundry
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
Great for entertaining. Surround system for music. Large table seats up to 10 people and centrally located in the house (open to the living room). Dinning at this house will be your highlight!...moreless
- Dining Room
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer:
- Filtered Water
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $65 + tax
- Tax Rate 15%
We try our best to accommodate individual's needs. Please feel free to let us know about any special requests you have. If you would like to speak to us directly call 512-554-7505
Manager's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Stay in the heart of central Austin in historic Hyde Park, just blocks from the University of Texas campus and five minutes from downtown. Walk to great restaurants, bars and coffee shops - like local favorites Trudy’s Tex Mex, Kerby Lane Café, Hyde Park Grill, Central Market, Spiderhouse and more. The Erwin Center, Blanton Museum of Art, Bob Bullock State History Museum, LBJ Presidential Library and Museum, and Royal-Memorial Stadium are just around the corner. Minutes away find the hike and bike trails of Lady Bird Lake, Barton Springs Pool, Austin Convention Center, Texas State Capital, 6th Street District, South Congress Avenue, The Long Center for Performing Arts, Paramount Theater, Palmer Events Center, Zachary Scott Theater, and the Moody Theater – the new home of the legendary Austin City Limits TV show. Austin’s famous live music venues are all close by, as are many SXSW showcase locations and the ACL Festival in Zilker Park. Lake Austin and the wineries and wildflowers of the Texas Hill Country are 30-minutes away.
Year Purchased: 2003
About: I moved to Austin in 1995 and immediately fell in love with this town. I had no doubt that this is where I would settle once I graduated from UT. We are a family of 5 and decided to rent this great house to Austin's finest visitors. I love interacting with travelers and try to accommodate any individual needs you may have. If you need tips on anything in Austin, please don't hesitate to ask.
Why North University, Austin, TX, USA:
Homes that were built in the 1920's are unique. This property is in GREAT shape and just a few cosmetic touch-ups restored its beauty and preserved its essence. The house is very cozy with a solid construction.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
This house has all the modern amenities necessary for comfort. Located on a quiet block, near a park and just walking distance to nearby restaurants, coffee shops, grocery stores and more. Centrally located, a short bike ride or super fast car ride to downtown. The house is cozy and warm, great to just lounge around and relax. It has a great front porch, to check out the neighborhood, and a great back yard for grilling and hanging out.
- Secondary: +1 5125547505 Text anytime / Calls 11a-2p (CST) and 4p-8p (CST)
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from the dining room facing the hallway to the bedrooms
Custom Brazilian Redwood walls accent rooms throughout the house
Dining Room Table - Comfortably seats 6-8 Guests
Glass door knobs are just one of the many original touches in the house.
Enjoy a cup of coffee or a glass of wine on the porch - feel at home while away!
Original Iron Gate on porch
Reading area in Master Bedroom with plenty of natural light.
Tucked in this neighborhood, along a small creek-great walking, biking, jogging
Austin's famous coffee shop, eatery, bar - 2 blocks away - daily live music!
Living Room is a warm and cozy retreat in the evenings
View from Dining Room to Living Room
Bathroom with custom Brazilian Redwood accent wall
Original 1920's Front Door with Beveled Glass
Nelson Bubble Lamps add a modern touch
Wheatville Co-Op 2 blocks away - walk to local natural foods grocery store
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.