Oceanview Cottage, on St. Margaret's Bay Near Peggy's Cove(25 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Cottage, 2 Bedrooms + 2 Baths, (Sleeps 4)
Ocean Meadow Cottage will provide you and your guests with relaxing days and pleasant evenings whether dining on the patio or resting on the screened sun porch watching the deer and pheasants while waiting for our spectacular sunsets. This is the perfect vacation home for 2 couples or a family of four and will play a large part in your memorable Maritime vacation.
Keywords: Newly refurbished cottage, beautiful ocean view, modern, pastoral setting, quiet, near tourist attractions and shopping, .
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2011
- 1200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Children Welcome:
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Master Bathroom is ensuite, guest bathroom is adjoining.
- Located on picturesque St. Margarets Bay. Quiet /private setting on the crest of a 2 acre meadow. Access via a private road. Large screened sun porch with beautiful ocean view. Newly updated and elegantly decorated. Home has large windows in living area with lovely views, electric fireplace. Large LCD TVs in both bedrooms as well as living area and kitchen on cable, Master bedroom has a King size Bed and ensuite bathroom with double sink vanity, comfort height toilet and enclosed tub and and shower. The Guest bathroom has a large vanity, comfort height toilet, and a shower stall as well as the laundry facilities. The kitchen is very well equipped with everything you will need. Located on the scenic Lighthouse route, it is only 10 minutes to Peggy's Cove, 10 minutes to 2 major grocery stores, and 30 minutes to Halifax. Ocean Meadow Cottage is truly the perfect location for your Nova Scotia vacation...moreless
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Ocean View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
Deck / Patio:
14' X 20' wooden deck off the Dining room, fully equipped with a quality patio table, umbrella, and 6 chairs. This deck is sheltered from Ocean breezes and a great spot to enjoy all your meals....moreless
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Lawn / Garden:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 15 - May 26, 2017
7 night min stay
May 27 - Jun 30, 2017
7 night min stay
Jul 1 - Sep 29, 2017
7 night min stay
Sep 30 - Nov 4, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $189.10
Our cancellation policy is as follows:
1. A full deposit refund for a cancellation 60 days or more prior to rental period .
2. A 50% deposit refund for a cancellation between 30 & 60 days prior to rental period .
3. No deposit refund for a cancellation less than 30 days prior to rental.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Our private road and driveway are great places to walk your dog. If you enjoy great scenery while you walk, take the road to Peggy's Cove for a mile or two. There are many great Golf Courses in the area for those that have a need to swing a Club.
Year Purchased: 1991
About the owner: We are Carlo and Becky Weickert. After 30 years of running our own businesses, we retired in 2010 to enjoy our two sons' families and especially our three granddaughters. We look forward to spending more time on our boat, travelling around the world and generally enjoying our 'Ocean Oasis'. We look forward to sharing 'Ocean Meadow Cottage', our local knowledge, experiences and love of N.S. with visitors be they from Canada, the USA, or other parts of the world. We welcome all!
Why the Owner Chose Glen Margaret, NS, Canada:
Nova Scotia became our adopted home in 1990 after living in many parts of Canada.We love the Maritime life style and want to share it's beauty, friendly people and many diverse activities with as many people as possible. Ocean Meadow Cottage is ideally situated for exploring both rural and urban adventures. Nova Scotia is truly a hidden treasure just waiting for you to come and experience.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
The peaceful beauty of our property is exceptional and yet you are close to many amenities and attractions. Wonderful for boaters, fishermen, whale watching and other outdoor activities as well as city and tourist venues. Halifax is filled with history, culture, attractions, great dining and beauty.
- Primary: 902-823-2499
- Secondary: 902-789-9100
Links to more information:
Beautiful Ocean view from screened sun porch to watch boats, birds & sunsets
South looking view of Cottage showing porch, deck, and Ocean view
Our Waterfront and dingy
Socializing end of Livingroom
Front entrance, Patio Doors and Dining Room
Lots of cupboards, 26 cu/ft. side by side fridge/freezer, 30" stove, & range hood
Master suite entrance, Large closets, and 32'LCD TV
Large bright Guest bdrm, deluxe Queenbed, 26' LCD TV w/DVD, adjoining bathroom
Large Screened in Porch Looking North
My tail Feathers are prettier than yours!
Nearby Peggy's Cove Light house
Front entrance, Patio Doors, sheltered deck, 6 person Patio set and Propane BBQ
Where did you put my favourite Hostas?
Dining Room and Kitchen
Living room Napping Area
Fully equipped kitchen including double sink , dishwasher, lots of counter space
Bright Master Bedroom, super comfortable King bed with en-suite bath
Large Master suite bathroom, double sinks, Acrylic shower/tub combination
Spacious Guest bathroom, Large vanity, Shower stall, full size Washer/Dryer
Large Screened in porch looking South
Another beautiful Sunset
Arial picture of Ocean Meadow Cottage and surrounding estate
Peggy"s Cove Harbour
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Wednesday, December 07, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM