New York City Brownstone(34 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Property type:Townhome
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Townhome, 1 Bedroom + Convertible bed(s), 1 Bath, (Sleeps 2-4)
Our apartment is tastefully furnished with a fully equipped kitchen, bed-linens, towels, everything you need to make you feel at home. Staying in a turn-of-the-century Brownstone in New York City is an authentic experience in itself. We have beautiful art on the walls, great books in our bookcase, cable TV and wireless internet for entertainment and business. A coin-operated laundry is also in the building or several laundry shops within 2 blocks.
Located on 142nd Street between Broadway and Amsterdam, our brownstone in only 3 blocks from CCNY, a major New York University famous for the large number of Nobel Prize Winner graduates. Some of the most beautiful Brownstone Streets in the City are located in this neighborhood as well as many excellent coffee shops such as Chipped Cup, Cafe One, and restaurants like NoBo, Anchor Wine Bar, and Dinosaur BBQ.
You will enhance and enrich your New York City experience by staying in our brownstone.
New York is a City with a thousand neighborhoods, each authentic, each different from the next. New Yorkers consider this the Center of the Universe, and rightfully so.
Whether your passion is theater, the arts, sports or finance, or Botanical Gardens, you will find the very best the world has to offer in New York City.
Visiting here is something you will never forget, whether you do it once in a lifetime or come for your New York City Fix every few months. And staying in our brownstone apartment will give you a sense of neighborhood authenticity you will never find in a downtown hotel.
Keywords: ORIGINAL BROWNSTONE. NEAR SUBWAY. #1 LINE. SAFE NEIGHBORHOOD. COLUMBIA. CCNY. RIVERBANK.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2011
- On floor 1
- Max. occupancy 4
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
- Queen size Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Beautifully furnished, this floor-through apartment boasts 11 foot ceilings with original moldings, 2 fireplaces, and an efficient, well-appointed kitchen. Tub, shower, and towel wormer in tiled bath. Large windows in front look out onto 142nd street while the view from the very quiet bedroom is a private, serene garden. Conveniently located near the #1 Subway line which runs through the Upper West Side, past Columbia University into Times Square and Greenwich Village. All areas of the City are easily accessible. Many excellent restaurants and coffee shops in this authentic, safe Harlem neighborhood. Easily accessible from all NY airports, this Brownstone apartment offers an affordable and comfortable living space while you experience the wonders of New York City. Whether you're enjoying a family vacation in the City or just a getaway with a special person, you will treasure your memories of this apartment....moreless
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Ice Skating
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $375
- cleaning fee $125
- Taxes Not included
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Broadway Musicals, Lincoln Center Opera and Ballet, Carnegie Hall, MOMA, Metropolitan Museum, Museum of Natural History, Yankee Stadium, Tennis Center (US Open), Mets stadium, Greenwich Village, Chelsea, Little Italy, Chinatown, Central Park Times Square, Great Restaurants and bars
Year Purchased: 1998
About the owner: My husband was a sea-captain for many years, traveling through Asia, Europe, South America, the Middle East and Africa. He loved cities, culture and travel. New York was always a favorite of his and we wanted our own place in the city to call home.
Why the Owner Chose Upper Manhattan, New York, NY, USA:
Because Harlem and Hamilton Heights has so much history.
The Unique Benefits at this Townhome:
Broadway, Opera, Theater, Dance, Ballet and an easy subway ride to The Botanical Gardens. The worldclass art museums and restaurants are easy to access. Experience the incredible energy and people of this fabulous City. A Harlem Brownstone with 2 fireplaces and 11 foot ceilings.
- Primary: (503) 349 5969
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Saturday, March 25, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.