Pelican Grand-Right on Ocean! 2 Queen Beds - Best Unit in the Resort !!
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-3 nights
- Property type:Condo
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Thank you so much for considering our unit at the Pelican Grand Beach Resort.
Steve and I purchased our rental in mid 2011, and have enjoyed spending family time at the resort with our children and grand kids.
Each year, we continue to make more and more updates to make your vacation experience the best it can be.
Some of the differences you'll find between our room and others (both the privately or resort owned units) are:
- Leather Lazy Boy couch, with recliners on both ends. (All other units have either the old original or recovered sofa, not anywhere near as comfy.)
- New Lazy Boy Loveseat, with a pull out twin bed. (All other units have either the original or recovered loveseat.)
- Two 46 inch flat screen TVs (for units like ours, the resort offers one 42 inch flat screen and another very large old standard hotel unit)
- Larger compact fridge (just replaced the small original 2 cubic foot compact fridge with a 4.4 cubic foot model)
- Larger microwave (just replaced the smaller original unit with a high end convection model)
- Better lighting (lights added to ceiling fans in both bedroom and den area)
- More seating/better chairs (got rid of two old rattan chairs and replaced with four smaller chairs)
- Plus, plus, plus more....
The reason for all the above differences is we really want our unit at the Pelican to feel like home for us and for our guests. I think we've met our goal.
The Pelican Grand Beach Resort is a Four Star Resort, located directly on the beach in beautiful Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The oceanfront resort is situated on 500 feet of sandy beach, perfect for tanning and swimming. The property is one of only two resort/hotels in Fort Lauderdale located directly on the ocean, as almost all other hotels/resorts are located across A1A.
From our 5th floor unit, the view is amazing. You can sit on the private balcony, look out over the water and hear the sounds of waves crashing onto the shore.
The upscale resort is ideal for:
• Couples for a Romantic Getaway, featuring Private Room with Private Balcony, Oceanside Veranda, Private Beach, Upscale Bar/Lounge, and Rooftop Patio
• Families with Children, as the Resort Property is directly on the Ocean, and featuring a Resort-style Pool and Lazy River, and an Ice Cream Shoppe
• Business Professionals seeking an Upscale and Relaxing Environment with High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center, Oceanside Restaurant ideal for Business Meetings, Upscale Bar/Lounge
FREE OF CHARGE AMENITIES
- Lazy River tubing ride (heated)
- Oceanfront Fitness Center
- Pool and beach towels
- Beach chairs and umbrellas
- Roller beds
- Mini Refrigerator and microwave
- Sitting area with a table and 4 chairs
- Room safe
- Coffee maker
- Iron and ironing board
- Alarm clock/radio
OTHER AMENITIES AVAILABLE AT THE RESORT
- Restaurant with oceanfront breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Poolside cocktail lounge
- Business services
- Old fashioned ice cream parlor and gift shop.
- Satellite TV with premium channels
- Concierge service available
- Underground valet parking - rate is $30/day, plus taxes
- Internet Access - rate is $19.95/day per device, plus taxes. (Consider using your smart phone as a 'hotspot' alternative.)
- Guest laundry
5TH FLOOR, Direct oceanfront resort room with private balcony and comfortable chairs. The Bedroom has 2 Queen Size beds with pillow top mattresses. There are two televisions (bedroom and den) with premium cable channels. Compact refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and voicemail. Perfect for enjoying the gorgeous beach at sunrise and sunset.
Resort activities: Veranda with rocking chairs runs the entire length of the resort, Oceanside restaurant and bar both have outdoor seating available on the veranda overlooking the beach for drinks or meals, Lounge chairs, Umbrellas and towels are available for the beach, Valet parking, 500-Foot Private Beach, Heated Swimming Pool and Lazy River, Poolside Cocktail Lounge, Oceanfront Fitness Center, Games, Ice Cream Emporium and Gift Shop inside the resort, Computers and Business Center in the lobby.
Recreation activities: Open Air Cafes and Shopping on Las Olas Blvd, Deepsea Fishing, Golfing, Tennis, Jet Skiing, Parasailing, Snorkeling/Scuba/Reef Diving
The resort requires that you are at least 21 years of age and have a valid credit card to check in.
Check-in 4:00pm, Check-out 11:00am
o Valet parking: If you have a car, the resort charges $30/day, plus 11% tax, with in-and-out privileges. Unfortunately, there is no other alternative for parking in the area; however, there is taxi service and a city bus line that runs right outside the resort.
o Housecleaning: $75 Check-out Cleaning fee, plus 11% tax is required. If you wish to have additional cleaning during your visit, the resort changes $35 per occurrence, plus 11% tax. You must request optional housecleaning when you check in if you want your room cleaned and the Consumable Supplies replaced by the Resort staff during your stay. If you do not request optional housecleaning, there will be no replenishment of Consumable Supplies (for example, toilet paper, Kleenex, shampoo, conditioner, soap, coffee, cups, clean towels, etc.) during your stay.
o Reservation Fee: $20 Check-in reservation fee, plus 11% tax. (This is a fee we collect and are required to pass through to the resort.)
o Internet Access: Effective January 23, 2014, the Pelican Grand began charging for Internet access for all privately owned units. The new policy is to charge $19.95 per day per device, plus 11% tax. This seems very high to us, but they claim this is consistent with pricing at other hotels in the area. As an alternative, we suggest you use the personal hotspots that are available on most smart phones as a more economical alternative to signing into the Pelican WIFI. Go to ‘settings’ on your phone and turn on the ‘hotspot’ button. It should show you the name of your phone’s network and the password for you to use on your other devices to hook up. Then go to wireless connections on your laptop, select the name of your phone’s network and enter the password. You can enter multiple devices at the same time on your hotspot network, i.e. I-pads and computers. Please note that if you use this to watch movies or other high data uses, you will want to keep an eye on your service provider’s data limit.
Keywords: Condo Hotel, Beach, Pool, Lazy River, Oceanfront, Balcony
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2011
- On floor 5
- 632 sq. ft.
- Elevator : Right outside our the doorway to our unit.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Away From It All
- Coin Laundry
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Beach View
- Near The Ocean:
- Ocean View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm Clock
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer:
- Computer Available:
- Covered Parking
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Beach Umbrellas
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 1st - Dec 20th
Dec 1 - Dec 20, 2016
1 night min stay
Dec 21st - Jan 3rd
Dec 21 - Jan 3, 2017
1 night min stay
Jan 7th - Jan 14th
Jan 7 - Jan 14, 2017
1 night min stay
Feb 1 - Feb 28, 2017
3 night min stay
March 18th & 19th, 2017
Mar 18 - Mar 20, 2017
2 night min stay
March 25th & 27th, 2017
Mar 25 - Mar 27, 2017
2 night min stay
Apr 1 - Apr 30, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Reservation Fee $20 + tax
- Final Cleaning Fee $75 + tax
- Tax Rate 11%
Fees and Service Charges:
-One mandatory final cleaning fee of $75, plus 11% tax, is required
-Additional cleaning is available at $35 per request, payable to the front desk
-Valet parking is $30/day, plus 11% tax, payable to the front desk
-Internet Access is $19.95/day per device. (Consider using your smart phone as a "hotspot" alternative)
-The resort requires that you be at 21 years old and have a valid credit card
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: We are a retired couple from Iowa who miss the ocean. When we first saw the Pelican Grand, we fell in love and knew we wanted to spend more time there.
Why the Owner Chose Barrier Island, Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA:
The view!!! Being able to have breakfast, lunch and dinner looking out over the ocean. Enjoying a cocktail on the private balcony.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
Short car ride to many fantastic restaurants, night clubs and shopping areas. Close to cruise terminals of Fort Lauderdale and Miami.
- Primary: 515-864-6116
- Secondary: +1 515-240-3698
Links to more information:
Pelican Grand Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5th floor unit, right in the center of the resort. Enjoy a full ocean view.
Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner with a view of the Atlantic.
Another beautiful day at the Pelican Grand.
Beach chairs and umbrellas are provided to guests
Zero entry pool and lazy river.
View from our balcony looking south.
Layout of Unit #512 at the Pelican Grand
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Saturday, December 03, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM