About the property
- Apartment538 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay4 nights
Apartment, 1 Bedroom, 1 Bath, (Sleeps 2)
This exquisite 50 m² apartment (2 guests) is located on the in a 18th century stone building in the heart of the Marais district. Surprisingly in lively Le Marais, it stays in a small and quiet street where the castle-like edifice of the Archives Nationales makes for a dramatic backdrop.
The apartment, designed by an architect, is fully renovated and decorated in a bright modern style.
The apartment (without an elevator) overlooks a large and beautiful private courtyard. The windows are running the length of the flat and bathing every room in natural light. At the far end of the courtyard is a wall planted with moss, ferns and vines.
• One enters the wooden floored apartment through a long hallway, passing the kitchen on the left before moving into the lounge.
• The lounge is spacious and comfortable, with a large leather sofa and chair for relaxing, a large red “hand” armchair, a coffee table and a dining table that comfortably seats 4. A large entertainment center is equipped with a flat screen TV, DVD, and stereo.
• The modern kitchen is fully equipped with a large refrigerator and freezer, microwave and traditional ovens, a two-burner induction range, dishwasher and washing machine and plenty of cooking supplies and dishes for preparing dinner.
• A second hallway leads to the bedroom and bathroom.
• The bedroom sleeps two in comfort with a queen-size bed. One wall of the bedroom is covered with built-in cabinets and drawers for storage.
• The bathroom is newly remodeled as well. It contains the toilet, a large vanity counter with a sink and mirror, a towel warmer, and a shower cabin equipped with a rain-shower overhead nozzle.
The famous Pompidou Centre, the rue de Rivoli and the Ile Saint Louis are a short walk away. The nearest metro stations are nearby at Rambuteau, Arts et Metiers or Hotel de Ville.
This location is a perfect base to visit Paris. It stays 10 mn by subway to most interesting Paris locations AND is a very charming & restful area to be appreciated after a whole day shopping and walking through museums...
Keywords: Le marais, design, 1 bedroom, flat, apartment, paris, location, best, price, beaubourg, chatelet, les halles, rivoli, comfortable, perfect, light, calm, unique, charming, value for money, affordable
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- English, French
- Calendar last updated:
- May 20, 2018
What makes this Apartment unique
Quiet but in the heart of the lively and historical Marais district.
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Cosy apartment and wonderful area
We really enjoyed our stay. The location is so convenient and practical. We would walk out of the apartment and within one block everything was there: restaurants, cafés, shopping, etc. The size of the apartment is very good for Paris. It was nice to have a separate bedroom, living room, and kitchen. The procedure for entering the apartment is simple. I want to go back and spend two weeks there as I love Paris, and this apartment is in the middle of everything. Thank you for making the trip so nice!
Our stay was excellent. The apartment was spacious, airy and well-equipped, and the location was especially convenient: a block to the Pompidou Center, an easy walk to Place des Vosges, and a nearby Metro stop that facilitated access to all other attractions. The Marais is delightful neighborhood, with good restaurants, and a wonderful bakery (Hure) and market on Rue Rambuteau. Karen was particularly helpful to us during our stay. We would recommend InBeauParis and the apartment to other travelers.
The apartment was exactly as pictured in the photos. It was large – by the European standards - and comfortable. The bedroom was very comfortable. The living room was also comfortable with the exception of red chair that is not useful for siting. Kitchen was adequate. The location is very central, yet quiet.
There were several serious problems with the apartment and the management.
Overall the apartment was not well maintained: not only it was cleaned only cursory, but used towels and crusty kitchen cloth were forgotten on the table when we arrived.
Kitchen: the dishes were dirty and with inbuilt grime that did not come off. We washed everything the day we came; however, the dishwashing detergent kept leaving deposits everywhere.
The washing machine worked fine but repeatedly left a strong smell of detergent on our clothes (even though we didn’t use any). We used the drying rack, since the clothes dryer does not work.
Bathroom: this was a problem area. The shower cubicle has no door or curtain so water comes out on the floor. The shower itself is in the process of falling apart – water sprays from each fitting. Worst of all is the toilet. We understand French toilets are compact but this one was both tucked in a narrow space, so your shoulders rub the walls, and the toilet bowl is designed such that it is practically unusable for a male person. Seems the toilet seat was not mounted properly. You are better off waiting until you get to a restaurant or some such public place.
Only two, rather thin, bath towels were provided for our two week stay. When we asked for additional towels, we were told that this is not a hotel and referred to the many nearby laundry services. There was no electrical conversion switches or any kind or Bluetooth connectivity to anything that contained speakers. Who do this people think they are renting to?
A deposit was required of us, and a signed contract, which we had to print, sign, scan, and send. Twice.
The place was very quiet facing a pleasant courtyard. However, it turned out most of the apartments facing the courtyard were rentals, and we could hear all conversations, ringing cell phones, etc. We were lucky in that nobody loud or particularly annoying was renting.
Overall I would not stay there again. The apartment is in a central neighborhood, and has a lot of potential, but is not well managed – and that takes away from the positive experience.
Thank you for your review. We appreciate our guest opinion and always try to act on them if improvements are possible.
Obviously the cleaning company made a mistake. They left some dirty towels inside the apt, did not put the correct number of clean towels and did not check the cleanliness of the dishes. They also should have left 2 towels per person, a large one and a smaller one. When we asked the cleaning company, they explained the drivers forgot to come to deliver the remaining towels and to pick up the old ones. We have complained to the manager of the company. This is not acceptable as they have a real time tracking system of the employees.
Had you told us all this in first place, they would have been happy to send somebody very quickly to take care of these issues. He would also have fixed the shower. It is now done.
As far as your other points, each apartment has its own characteristics. Some guests are more demanding, we believe your judgment is severe : we never had any complaints on the toilets seat, or smell of the washer, and as well there does not seem to have been unreasonable noise.
This apt , as shown from the other reviews, generally pleases a lot. We are truly sorry you faced these inconveniences.
We would be happy to offer another apt for you next stay with a larger bathroom and are confident the towels will be present in the apt.
Great Location, Large airy apartments, need a little fluffing up.
Apartment gets a 10 for location. It is large, roomy and has a number of windows--need to keep the blinds close as the apartments across the court yard look in. Kitchen is large for a rental and fully functional for our needs. Very adequate for 2 people. We had several issues when we arrived; notified the agent about these issues and they were resolved. Unfortunately, this was on Friday and resolved on Monday--no one works on the weekend. We think that if we had problems on Thursday, they would have been fixed on Friday (?). So overall we were satisfied with the apartment. Note the designer, hand chair is not a keeper.
Thanks for your review. The apartment is indeed in a great location, large and airy. Perfect for 2 people! We always do our best to solve problems as quickly as possible when they arise, unfortunately, as you wrote, it was wekeend and we couldn't find an available technician before Monday. During the week we mainly solve problems the same day or at worst the next day. Sorry for this annoyance and hope to host you again in Paris! Sincerely, Jean
My apartment was nice and well located,in a quite street which was wonderful.
I had a terrible experience getting the keys,after flying 8 hours I don't have to endeavor all
this hardship getting the keys.It would have been much nicer if you facilitate and simplify the
I stayed at your place for 9 days,I did expect to have more towels,for kitchen and showering.
Overall the apartment was nice,well kept and trendy.
Nice place to stay. The apartments location is perfect. We were able to walk to all of the near by historical sites. Bakery's and cafe's& stores just around the corner. Nice quiet area.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
- We may accept 3 days stays : simply send us a mail for 4 days and add actual dates in the comment. - Additionally, we would like to mention: • Electricity, heating is included (not included only in case of monthly rental). • Internet is included • Phone is free to many destinations (US, Canada landlines & cells please ask for details) • Full end of stay cleaning is mandatory and is included (includes Linen&Towels) • Paris City tax of 0,83€/day/guest charged on behalf of Paris City is included - Tax/Handling charges will depend on payment way - Rates may change at any time. Rates vary depending on season, nbr of guests if applicable, occupation & owner. - Damage protection will be requested with 2nd and last payment - For specific apartments, depending on the agreement with the owner, our cancelation policy might differ from that of VRBO / HomeAway. Please ask us to know more. - Note that this site automatic estimated quote system calculates rents in a basic way : it may result in higher quote for 6 days than for 7 days or other discrepancies. Therefore, we may resend a detailed quote with description, & process via mail.