Mooncottage: Most Romantic St. John Villa - Magical for Couples in Coral Bay(19 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:5-7 nights
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
2 Beds /2 Full baths. Magical for Honeymoons, Anniversaries or a family of 3-4
SEE OUR AMAZING 3D VIRTUAL TOUR - paste this link into browser: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=GgH3wYpNwkn
NOTE: Our price on HomeAway is for 1 couple.
- Add 1-2 family members off-season: $4450
- Add 1-2 family members on-season: $5450
*Shorter stays of 5-6 nights are available but carry a $250 short stay surcharge.
Mooncottage is nestled into a verdant hillside, built from native hardwoods, stone and surrounded by lush tropical gardens—it is a petite, luxury Caribbean villa without compare. Enjoy the romance of this luxury 5-Star Caribbean rental villa with unobstructed, romantic, down-island views of an endless Virgin Island horizon. Mooncottage is virtually breathtaking—a fantasy Caribbean villa and backdrop for your most romantic and restful island vacation, special anniversary, secluded Caribbean honeymoon or secret rendezvous imaginable. And, all of St. John's legendary beaches are only minutes away.
Why Mooncottage feels 'just right' for couples.
Most St. John villas are just built too large to feel cozy and romantic for couples. Mooncottage isn't too big of a villa. It was designed for couples and feels just right ... and you will feel right at home. From the gentle sounds at night to the brilliant turquoise colors by day, its magic surrounds you. St. John's world-class beaches are only minutes away. Wonderful local restaurants and bars close by. But the panoramic views day or night will simply blow your mind
Experience the Zen Caribbean magic of Mooncottage.
A petite and utterly romantic luxury Caribbean villa tucked within lush tropical gardens, set high upon a verdant hillside with a down-island view of an endless Caribbean horizon. Our Zen-Caribbean design is architectural, eclectic and spectacular. The views from Mooncottage are simply breathtaking . . . and the backdrop for your most romantic and restful St. John villa vacation imaginable. Imagine Cary Grant's grandmother's view from an 'An Affair to Remember' and you will get the idea!
Panoramic Caribbean Views that will simply blow your mind.
Mooncottage features 5-star, panoramic views that will simply take your breath away. Located in peaceful Calabash Boom, Coral Bay, USVI, Mooncottage has been enchanting guests and receiving rave reviews since 2005.
Romantic Villa with Elegant Zen Caribbean ambiance.
Luxury Caribbean villa with chef's kitchen, living/dining, sleeping and bath areas all under a traditional Caribbean hardwood plantation roof. Ceiling fans and trade winds keep you cool and comfortable day or night. A romantic 360 degree veranda encircles the entire villa allowing outdoor enjoyment to either the sea or courtyard gardens. Also, St. John is one of the most beautiful and safe Caribbean vacations available. Clean, world-class beaches, shopping, Eco tourism, sailing and more are everywhere.
Master bedroom crafted in native stone right out of our hillside.
If the bedroom feels as though it has always been there ... that's because it has! 2 full baths and sleeping areas, separate Indoor and outdoor showers accommodate any season or romantic mood. The solar-heated blue pool will make it tempting for you to stay up here all week. If you wish to be sans clothes, no one will see or bother you. (shhhh) And, the villa was designed to be worn without shoes. You will love how the natural pink fossilized coral stone floor feels. A trickling Koi pond completes the fantasy.
Private and secluded location to enjoy nature at the border of the National Park
Large sliding mahogany screen doors blur the lines of indoors and out. We know almost everyone on St. John, so you will never be at a loss if there is something special you want. A gourmet meal or private massage brought to you. A snorkeling or scuba trip in crystal Caribbean waters. Whether on a Honeymoon, an Anniversary or together with another close couple, Mooncottage is the perfect, small, luxury St. John vacation villa.
Personal escort to Mooncottage - no worries getting there!
Our Mooncottage representatives will meet you in St. John and personally escort you to your own Caribbean hideaway. Soon a cold drink and killer view are yours at this St. John rental villa with luxury and romance peeking out at every turn. Unwind and enjoy the quiet without moving a muscle. Then head out to explore the rest of St. John. (Highly recommended) Extremely private surroundings mean you are free to be yourself. And, you deserve a Caribbean vacation villa like this. Come with someone you love-or just someone you want.
1. Travel Insurance: We highly recommend Travel Insurance for any unexpected problems such as family emergencies or rare severe weather-related problems. We cannot be held responsible for refunds of any kind due to these or other like occurrences. We will help you with a recommendation.
2. Rental Agreement: If you book online with HomeAway, you will be also required to sign our standard Rental Agreement and Liability Waiver electronically via DocuSign for your endorsement which will supersede all other agreements.
3. Personal Touch: Generally, we like to speak to our guests in-person on the phone before we book the villa.
4. Rentals falling on or around Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years will be higher and will not be reflected in your HomeAway automated online quotation.
5. Minimum stays: Our guests usually rent 7 night stays. Yet, 10-14 nights are the most relaxing--prorated per/night rental rates apply. Shorter stays of 5-6 nights are also sometimes available but carry a moderate short stay surcharge of $250.
Thank you for your understanding. You will absolutely LOVE your stay.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2009
- 1500 sq. ft.
- Guest House
- Guest House
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- The cozy stone master bedroom faces the pool and has a view of both the garden and the ocean. You can hear the small skoi pond gurgling. A teak four poster bed fashioned by our brilliant (yet crazy) local artist welcomes you with open arms and is guaranteed not to squeak. (as if anyone would hear). Although luxurious, Mooncottage was designed to respect nature’s abundance without wasting it. Our soaps and cleaning products are mostly all natural. The fabulous pool is completely solar-powered; maintaining itself year-round with only the sun to thank. (Thank you sun!) The temperature of the pool is always nice, so even a midnight swim is highly recommended. Note: the moon is often so bright you might consider protective moonscreen. The tropical courtyard garden in back offers a pleasant break from the sea breezes as well as being a quiet place for meditation or reading. A simple hammock completes the picture....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Our bathrooms are luxurious and simple at the same time. With an abundance of brightly colored bath towels throughout, you will never be short of something warm and fluffy to wrap around you after a dip in the pool or a lounge in the sun. Handmade glass tile, European fixtures and natural pink coral stone flooring throughout. Subdued, indirect lighting, large louvered ventilation, hardwood accents, terracotta sconces and many full-length mirrors allow you to see just how beautiful you really are :)...moreless
- - Provisioning, Catering, Private Chef and Maid Service available at an additional charge. - Main house w/ separate stone master bedroom - 2 indoor full baths and 2 outdoor showers - Solar heated pool - Tropical gardens - Extremely private - High-speed wi-fi internet Mooncottage is a cozy and extremely private small luxury Caribbean Villa. It cannot be seen from the road or even from your driveway located at the end of a cul du sac. A quiet, natural place for your Caribbean vacation. It's high elevation and constant island trade winds assure cool comfort, tranquility and closeness to nature, with turtle doves cooing, humming birds humming, surf whispering below and the night skies offering you the moon and a million stars. And of course the ocean views day or night will simply blow your mind....moreless
- Books For Adults
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Botanical Garden
- Duty Free Shops
- Rain Forests
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Monument View:
- Mountain View:
- Ocean View:
Coral Bay is called the 'quiet side' of the island for good reason. Sleepy, casual & filled with island character, it's a fun seaside place to hang out before retreating to the peace of the Teahouse....moreless
Panoramic view of Virgin Islands Coral Reef National Monument featuring pristine vistas of protected Hurricane Hole in foreground and Sage Mountain National Park on Tortola BVI's in the background. ...moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Activities Guide
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access
- Ceiling Fans
- Filtered Water
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Lobster Pot
- Mini Refrigerator
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Deck / Patio
- Gated Community
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch / Veranda
- Small Cooler
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Winter Season 2017
Dec 15 - Apr 15, 2017
7 night min stay
Shoulder Season 2017
Apr 16 - Dec 14, 2017
5 night min stay
My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $250
- Tax Rate 12.5%
Travel Insurance: We highly recommend this. Rental Agreement: If you book and pay with HomeAway, you will still be required to sign our standard Rental Agreement and Liability Waiver Agreement which will supersede any and all prior agreements. Shorter stays of 5 nights are available but carry a $250 short-stay surcharge.
Manager's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Five Great Reasons to stay at Mooncottage
1. Romantic and Perfect for Couples
Designed to incite romance at every glance, Mooncottage features an attention to detail that has guests routinely referring to it as “Simply Perfect.” Mooncottage is a romantic St. John villa unlike any other. Perfect for two people wanting to enjoy each other on a Caribbean villas vacation.
2. Astonishing Panoramic Views
When you arrive at Mooncottage you will simply not believe your eyes—St. John rental companies often refer to our sweeping down-island views as the benchmark view for Virgin Islands 5-star ocean vistas. The Caribbean villa view will take your breath away.
3. Secluded Romantic Getaway Feels Just Right
Unlike staying at a larger luxury Caribbean villa rental on St. John, you will never feel lost at this petite and secluded romantic little villa inside or out. Designed to reflect simple Virgin Islands life in an elegant way—it feels just right. And you'll feel right at home at our private St. John getaway.
4. Oh! So Very Private and Secluded
Mooncottage is located on the border of the National Park in a very secluded locale—with almost no neighbors. Just minutes from the sleepy little village of Coral Bay situated literally on the border of the Virgin Islands National Park for restful solitude.
5. Zen Ambiance & Close to Beaches
Mooncottage is a St. John villa with a magical and spiritual look and feel--all part of its unique Zen-Caribbean design. You are never more than a few minutes from the best beaches on St. John, but you may never want to leave this magical little St. John cottage.
Year Purchased: 2005
About: I have been a fan of the Caribbean for most of my life. When I came to St. John in the late 90's, I knew this was the place--still feel that way. I love and care for Mooncottage as it is more than a just rental property, it is a labor of love--and my greatest pleasure is enchanted guests. Anywhere you look online you will find countless testimonials from people who have experienced Mooncottage as a "rare piece of heaven." I have an entertainment and marketing background -- and share my time between NYC and St. John (the ultimate expression of beautiful extremes). I have never had a 'real job' ... for very long.
Why Calabash Boom, Johns Folly, St. John, USVI:
St. John in my estimation is the most beautiful and pristine of islands in the Caribbean or anywhere in the world ... as well as one of the most natural and relaxing. You can go out in the day or evening and feel safe anywhere. The island itself is 2/3 National Park - meaning the beaches and trails are always maintained and kept clean and free of vendors. Mooncottage is surrounded by undeveloped land on 3 sides and has only one villa far below to call its neighbor. We also rent and manage this villa as well so you really DO know your neighbors. Nature is everywhere and the trade wind breezes day or night are soft and magical. There is only ONE Mooncottage.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
- Unequaled Privacy - Quiet and Natural - Easy access to Restaurants & Beaches - Minutes from all of St. John's legendary beaches - Located at the top of the property - no road noise or intrusions - Lush Tropical gardens and natural beauty - Love nest
- Primary: +1 9176785315 EST: 9am - 6pm or email anytime
- Secondary: +1 2128734462 EST: 9am - 6pm or email anytime
Links to more information:
The pool view from your bedroom--dive in and enjoy!
Open, elegant and simple - fully screened.
View through the chefs kitchen into the living area.
Cozy yet spacious chef's kitchen and dining area
Relax with a rum and coke.
courtyard garden perfect for a restful snooze in the hammock
Beauty is everywhere.
Gray Pelican lifting off from Francis Bay
A double rainbow - not as rare as you may think--at least at Mooncottage.
Historic Forstberg--part of your view across the bay from Mooncottage
Beauty and romantic surroundings at Mooncottage.
Jump in pool right out of bed - ans yell Ahhhh!
Private view which only birds can see as we are perched on a hill.
2 full indoor baths & 2 romantic outdoor showers
Day or Night: Cozy living room features a stunning view of BVIs.
Spacious living room with views from all directions.
A spectacular day.
View of Virgin Islands National Monument
Flowers are everywhere at Mooncottage with landscaped gardens.
A kiss of rain at night makes for a beautiful morning.
Other residents of St. John.
You are 5-15 minutes from all the islands beaches.
Truly a "ridiculous" view.
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Sunday, January 15, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.