Luxurious, 4 Bedroom Beach Front Home(4 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-5 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, Sleeps 14 max.
Besides an impeccable beach, Casa Maya Kaan also has the distinct advantage of direct access to Caapechen Lagoon and is within walking distance from the renowned Boca Paila fishing club. (famous for its bonefish tarpon, snook, barracuda, jack crevalle and cubera snapper).
Every Wednesday and Saturday there is a man that sells fantastic Tamales, fresh produce, fruit, homemade desserts and juices off the back of his truck. He passes in front of the house at approximately 11:00 a.m. It is fun to stand at the back of his truck and order food. He also sells candy for the kids.
The Lagoon : Across the dirt road is the lagoon with a pier that you can fish from. It is also a wonderful place to just take in the magnificent vastness of the lagoon. There are crocodiles in the lagoon so swimming is not recommended. However, there is a Welcome center that is 2 kilometers, (1 1/4 mile), that offers a boat trip through the lagoon in which you can actually swim with manatees!! In fact the boat will pick you up at the dock if you desire. The mayan couple can arrange this. They do not speak English but there is a small English to Spanish translator machine in the kitchen that can help you get some dialogue going back and forth.
The Boca Paila fishing club and Punta Allen: The Boca Paila fishing club is the oldest in the area. Day trips with top guides are easily arranged. The prices are available on their website. The club is within walking distance from Casa Maya Kaan and can be a fun destination for dinner one evening. You have to call in advance for reservations.
At the end of the dirt road, (22 km - 13.5 miles from Casa Maya Kaan), is a little fishing village called Punta Allen. It is one heck of a journey to get to but could be a fun day trip to go and see. Streets of sand and plenty of fresh lobster. Great boat rides through the Caribbean and lagoon. Lots of wildlife!
Cesiak is 4 miles north of Casa Maya Kaan and is also a fun destination for any meal and you can swim in the Ocean while you wait for your food. The food is great and the vews from the roof top are exceptional!! Great place for evening drinks.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2008
- 4500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Daily Maid Service
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- The master bedroom has a king size bed as well as a built in sofa that can be made into a single bed. It is a very large and spacious bedroom with a private balcony overlooking the Caribbean. There is a long desk area with windows overlooking the ocean. Wireless internet is all through the house. There is a large flat screen TV and DVD as well as a sitting area - fun for late night movies, etc. There is a HUGE master bathroom with double sinks sitting beneath 3 large windows facing the ocean. Large walk in shower. Large Japanese tub. Private toilet with door. Walk in closet. Bedroom 2 and 3 both have 2 queens and a long connecting sofa, (in each room) that can be made into 2 single beds. Both bedrooms have their own private showers as well as double sink vanities. There is a private room with toilet, (connected to the vanities), that, (in keeping with the strict building codes of the Biosphere), both rooms share. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- Master bath: 2 double sinks that sit beneath 3 large windows facing the Ocean. Large walk in shower, Japanese tub, private room with toilet, walk in closet. Bedrooms 2 and 3 both have a private shower, and 2 sink vanity. There is a private room with toilet, (connected to the vanities), that, (in keeping with the strict building codes of the Biosphere), both rooms share. Bedroom 4 has a private bathroom with shower, vanity, toilet....moreless
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Games For Kids
- Satellite / Cable:
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Seating for 18 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Basic Soaps
- Bottled Water
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Computer Available
- Linens Provided:
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Mobile Phone:
- Paper Towels
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Lobster Pot
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Boat With Paddles
- Deck / Patio:
- Inflatable Boat
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Wood Deck
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 19 - Jan 22, 2017
5 night min stay
Jan 23 - Apr 30, 2017
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,000
- Tax Rate 16%
Case Maya Kaan allows up to 14 guests. The listed rates above are from 1-10 people. For each additional guest (past 10) add $50 USD per day/ per guest. **(Maximum number of guests - 14 people)**
For an exact layout of the bedrooms at CMK, please click on the following link: http://www.casamayakaan.com/examples/CMK-Bedrooms.html
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2007
- Primary: +1 505 690-9909 Available 24/7.
Links to more information:
Large wraparound deck
Living room looking towards dinning room
Dinning table (seats 18)
Outdoor living area
Bedroom 2. Two Queen sized beds & 2 sofas that can be made into 2 single beds
Bar area - looking towards living room. Dinning room on left.
There are 5 King sized beds on the property
There are 5 King size beds scattered across the property
Entrance to Casa Maya Kaan
Casa Maya Kaan
Master bedroom. All windows & balcony open onto the ocean. King bed & sofa
Bedroom 3 (Nets up) Two Queen beds & 2 sofas that can be made into 2 single beds
Nighttime photo of living room taken from the edge of dinning room.
Large wraparound deck. (Ocean side)
Tamale man (Every Wed. & Sat. at 11)
The soft waters of the Caribbean at Casa Maya Kaan
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Saturday, January 21, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.