Spacious Retreat in Kona Paradise!(17 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:4-9 nights
- Property type:Guest House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
Spacious bedroom-living room, large bath, well-appointed kitchen, sleeps 2
+ FREE Kona Coffee!
+ tax and cleaning fee
Peak season rats is $125/night or $850/wk.
Breakfast foods & Kona coffee (& staples for cooking)
Free WIFI and extended cable and Netflix
Free parking just steps from your door
Free washer-dryer use
Beach gear, boogie boards, coolers, chairs, umbrellas, towels, etc.
Come home to this spacious and comfortable ohana (in-law unit) with garden views and its own entrance. A NON-smoking property. Lounge in the large bedroom-sitting room, fully furnished with pillow-top king bed, glass-top table and chairs, recliner, TV with expanded cable, and free wireless internet access. Large bathroom has slate shower, shelving, and lots of fluffy towels. Full kitchen is well-equipped with everything you need to create fabulous meals when you don't feel like dining out, and its conveniently stocked with basic foods, spices, & condiments.
A comfortable elevation at 1000', great for relaxing after trips to the beach or town. A short trip to everything, yet a world apart in a quiet neighborhood setting. Off-street parking just steps from your door, with washer and dryer available for your use.
Affordable, with Breakfast in Your Time Zone: Our ohana is a fantastic value. Why settle for a cramped hotel room or studio or a 'Continental breakfast' when you can enjoy a great, affordable ohana (in-law unit) with breakfast foods and Kona coffee. Since you may be coming from the Mainland, and might be hungry long before we awake, we fill your ohana with plenty of goodies, available when you're ready to eat, like papaya, finger bananas, Hawaiian granola and almond milk. You are welcome to pick fruits from our trees in season, including lemons, papaya,and star fruit. Use the washer/dryer.
We fell in love with Hawaii because of the Aloha spirit. We want others to enjoy the spirit of Aloha, too. Many of our guests have toured the island and returned to us before leaving Kona. All have raved about our comfortable, clean, affordable ohana. They say this was their favorite place to stay in Hawaii, and a better value than other places they stayed.
All the Comforts of Home - Well-equiped Ohana: You'll find everything you need in our well-equipped kitchen to prepare fabulous meals when you don't feel like going out or want to save money for adventures. Our full kitchen includes full sized refrigerator-freezer, 4 burner gas stove and oven, and all major appliances: Grind and brew fresh coffee to sip on the patio or lanai. Use our great collection of pots and pan, salad spinner, rice cooker, and cooking utensils to cook at home, including toaster oven, toaster, microwave, blender, rice cooker, coffee mill and pot, extensive glassware, wine glasses, pitchers, and utensils.
Prepare snacks and meals for day trips and take along goodies in baggies and totes. Use cold packs in the cooler. No need to buy all of the things you need only a little bit of. We stock the fridge with condiments, salad dressings, soy sauce, oils and vinegars. We stock cupboards with coffee, teas, sweeteners, spices, herbs, granola and almond milk.
Going to the beach? Boogie boards, fins, chairs, umbrellas, cooler, beach towels are all available.
Nowhere Else on Earth - Hawaii's Unique Offerings: The Big Island, the most exciting island in Hawaii, has 11 of the world's 13 ecosystems, from snow-capped mountains in winter, towering 14,000' above the ocean, to tropical rain forests. All this on an island almost 200 miles around. Kilauea Volcano adds land to the island daily, as lava flows into the ocean. See Thurston Lava Tubes in Volcano National Park, a short walk through a primordial forest of towering ferns. Star-gaze at Mauna Kea Observatory. Visit ancient heiau (temple) where King Kamehameha united the Hawaiian islands. Watch migrating whales and spinner dolphins at Kua Bay. Paddle out to Captain Cook's monument in Kealakekua Bay where the first known Europeans met Hawaiians. Meet Hawaiians, a truly diverse culture. Hula. Go to a real luau. Enjoy the sport of Alii (royalty), surf the waves. Swim with gazillions of colorful fish and sea turtles at Kealakekua Bay. Lie on a black sand at Punalu'u. Go coffee tasting at Kona farms. Discover your own secret treasures. Live aloha.
P.S. We are available 24/7 via cell phones. We have excellent house-keeping staff and property manager on call. Please let us know if we can do anything at all to make your stay ideal.
Member since: 2011
- 350 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 2
- Guest House
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Low Allergen Environment
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
- Sleep in a luxurious king bed with pillow-top mattress, surrounded by tropical theme decor. Perfect for a romantic getaway or a retreat from a busy life. Relax in the comfy recliner and cozy up with a good book from our library. Books range from architecture and Hawaiian to inspirational, health, gardening, cookbooks, novels and biographies. Watch expanded cable or DVDs from our visual library in the mahogany entertainment center. Check out Hawaiian channel 16 for local events and films of volcano! Listen to CDs. Play games. Or just listen to the birds singing outside the two sliding glass doors. Awake to enjoy Kona coffee at the glass-top patio table just outside your doors as you listen to the rustling of the palm trees. Enjoy the super clean feel of your toes on the hardwood floors. Breathing is easy in the soft, warm air in an low dust environment. Email photos to friends via our secure wireless network, browse your day's destination on our broadband internet access....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Large bathroom sparkles with light and mirrors. Slate floors and large shower complete the room. Lots of extra bedding, linens, and beach towels are ready. Shelving unit and hanging bars provide plenty of space for clothes. We hope to anticipate your every need. Your bathroom cabinets contain all of the items you had to leave at home, plus others especially for Hawaii: everything from a hair dryer to bandaids, rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide, sun screen, aloe vera, and body moisturizers, floss, tooth paste, and an extra tooth brush, finger nail polish remover and cotton balls. If you don't see it, just ask. PACK LIGHT! Almost all of our guests say they brought way too much stuff. Come with a bathing suit and a smile. A few tee shirts, shorts and undies are all you need. Long pants and jacket or sweater for cool nights or higher elevations. One 'nice outfit' only if you plan an upscale outing. Hawaii is casual! Bring a small carry on! Everything else is ready for your arrival....moreless
- E Komo Mai = All are Welcome. Aloha! Stretch out on the comfy futon couch, or sit on the deck and enjoy the warm island breezes with a cool drink and a good book. Grill local fish on our outdoor charcoal BBQ. Washer/dryer are available to our guests. For entertainment, we have books, CDs, DVDs, extended cable access on TV, music and movie libraries, games, etc. Good for cozy nights in. Use our many maps and travel guides to plan the next day's events. Wireless access is available. When you head out for adventures, take along our beach chairs, umbrellas, totes, towels, fins, coolers, and ice packs for your day trips. We also provide information via our 'Great Places to See on the Big Island' emails that provides links to websites for our favorite beaches, day trips, Volcano National Park, Honaunau, trips to Hilo, restaurants, and events, to help you discover our island jewels. No need for heat or AC. Ceiling fan is rarely used at this cooler, comfortable 900' elevation....moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Music Library
- Away From It All
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Rain Forests
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Activities Guide
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Mobile Phone
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street:
- Thermos Bottle
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Free Wifi
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - Sep 30, 2017
4 night min stay
IRON MAN 2017
Oct 1 - Oct 15, 2017
8 night min stay
Oct 16 - Dec 15, 2017
4 night min stay
Peak Season 2018
Dec 16 - Apr 30, 2018
4 night min stay
May 1 - Sep 30, 2018
4 night min stay
IRON MAN 2018
Oct 1 - Oct 15, 2018
9 night min stay
My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning fee $45
- Tax Rate 13.5%
eChecks are preferred and have no charge from HomeAway.
Credit Cards carry a 2.5% HomeAway charges.
Please agree to Rental Agreement prior to completing payment.
Complete, sign, and return Guest Information sheet and Rental Agreement to complete and confirm your reservation.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Close to everything, yet worlds apart! Located on a 1/2 acre in a quiet upland residential neighborhood, this spacious, comfortable attached ohana (in-law unit) provides convenience and accessibility.
A short drive to world class beaches, snorkeling, scuba, surfing, golf, farmers' market, restaurants, night life, shopping, sightseeing, Costco, Walmart, Starbucks, Macy's and post office. Centrally located for day trips to Volcano, City of Refuge, Mauna Kea Observatory, Hawi art galleries, hiking, coffee tasting tours.
A quick 7 min. drive to Kona airport, with no airport noise. We are at a cool 1000 feet elevation with ocean views and spectacular sunsets. Elevation and tropical breezes provide ideal weather year-round, about 10 degrees cooler than seaside temps, with slightly cooler nights. No street lights makes for great star-gazing.
Affordable. Low cleaning fee. Wheelchair accessible. Washer/dryer.
Other Activities: Observatory at Mauna Kea, Volcano National Park
Comfy king bed with pillow-top mattress
Full kitchen, all appliances, stove & oven, refrigerator-freezer
Large sitting area, entertainment center with TV, VCR, free wifi, lots of books.
Glass-top table is great for outdoor dining. Palms provide privacy for patio.
Host Caryl helps fulfill your vacation dreams. Call or email!
Kitchen from bedroom-living room
Kitchen is 10 ft. x 10 ft. with small appliances galore. Note papaya and bananas
Glass-top table for indoor dining. Glass sliding doors allow breezes and light.
Large bathroom with slate shower and floor. Bright & beautiful
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.