|Minimum Stay||3 - 4 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
If you are looking for a place to get away for the summer, come to East Hampton. Heated pool, walk to the beach, great sunsets, a great place to relax.
There are many things to do, you can go sip the new wines on a winery tour, walk the beach, sit in front of the fire and relax, walk through the Hampton towns, go to Gurneys Spa for a total day treatment, enjoy food in a relaxed atmosphere at all the restaurants.
I have a beach house in East Hampton and the house is available. The house has three bedrooms. On the second floor there are two bedrooms and a bath; the master bedroom has a queen-size bed, the second bedroom has two single beds. On the first floor there is another bedroom with a queen bed and a bathroom. There are two televisions with cable; one in the master bedroom, the other in the living room. There is lots of outdoor decking, gas barbecue, and an outdoor shower (May to October).
There is a 36-foot by 18-foot pool (May to mid October). The house is located about 500 feet to Gardiners Bay. The drive to the village of East Hampton takes ten minutes. The area is very quiet and peaceful. If you need any other information feel free to ask. It is available for the week, month, and season.
Located in Lions Head, a private homeowners association, which has the privilege of owning access to one of the few private bay beaches on Long Island. In this small association vacationers enjoy seclusion on their private beach on Gardiners Bay.
Whether looking for a romantic getaway, or a family fun spot the home was built with both in mind. Enjoy this beautiful, cedar, contemporary, saltbox, vacation, beach house in East Hampton. This spacious, light, and airy home is perfect for you - a couple, a family, or small group of close friends during the summer season or the off season. The home is set back from street with over 150 feet of trees, providing a very private setting.
There is a large driveway with ample off-street parking. This beautiful home is located in the very private and secluded, northwest woods is literally 500 feet from Gardiners Bay Beach. You can enjoy a leisurely walk on the private bay beach each morning. Ocean beaches are less than ten minutes away.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you. If you need additional photos I can forward them to you.
Keywords: Beach house, pool, beach, walk to beach, private, zen, decks, East Hampton, salt box, healthy, lots of glass
I am a Graphic Designer. I love to be East Hampton as I think it is the most beautiful place on earth.
Charles MDG purchased this house in 2001
It is a beautiful area, close to private beach and marina. Close to East Hampton town and Main Beach.
Relaxing, quiet, zen, lots of light, one minute walk to beach
The great thing about the rental, was everything you read about it and the pictures shown are accurate. The home was spacious, very clean, lots of outdoor seating, and very well stocked, everything you needed plus some. I loved the decor of the bedrooms, very beachy and welcoming, and the beds and linens were very comfy. The only down side for us was that beautiful crystal clear pool saw no action, it was just a little to cool out to take a plunge, but it was very enticing. I guess we'll just have to make another trip during the summer.
We spent a wonderful family week in East Hampton at Charles' place. It is a beautiful home with lots of room and a swimming pool as a bonus. The deer were always in the yard. Not just one or two but sometimes 4 or 5 at once. It was so peaceful and relaxing which is what we wanted. It was convenient to walk down to the beach and check out the sights in East Hampton. Grocery shopping was a breeze and every thing we needed was right there for us. I would highly recommend his place for any type of get together. It was great for us! Becky Brink
Everything about this house and stay was terrific. The house is even better than the great pictures show, and the pool was gorgeous. The deck space was great, and we had lovely kids/adults meals out there every day. Charles was a wonderful host, reaching out throughout the stay to make sure all was well. He also made an extra effort to ensure there were baby gates set up for us for the pool, which made the whole stay relaxing and enjoyable. We can't wait to stay there again!
The house is in a fabulous location with a wooded lot and short walk to the bay. Driving to downtown East Hampton is maybe 10-15 minutes. Pictures are accurate and it is very roomy and light. The pool and deck is just gorgeous and clean. The owner greeted us on arrival and was happy to show us around. My only criticism is that the bathrooms need to be updated. They are starting to show their age. A great stay all around.
We truly enjoyed our stay in East Hampton...the pool, BBQ's, watching sunsets from the beach, shopping in town and local sight seeing kept us very occupied. Friends with young kids, relatives and our adult aged children visited at different times during the week and all had lots of fun. Our dog especially loved walking down the block to the beach. The house was exactly as described in the write up and pictures, the property clean and well maintained. The owner was helpful, responsive to our inquiries and very accommodating. I would highly recommend this property to others for a great get away.
I stayed here with my wife and 21 month-old son and we were joined by another couple. We had a great time. The house is wonderful, the area peaceful and quite private. The walk on the beach every morning and enjoying a cocktail at sunset on the beach, was my favorite part of the vacation. The pool and outdoor shower was my wife's favorite part. It's a very short drive to Main Street in East Hampton and not too much farther to Bridgehampton, or the other way to Amagansette. I hope to definitely stay here again.
On top of all of this, my experience with the owner, was great. He was responsive and helpful throughout the entire process. I definitely hope to stay here again next year.
Boating trips out of Montauk, fishing trips out of Montaulk.
Things to do in East Hampton:
Some other things to do while staying at Thanet Way, East Hampton besides relaxing and walking the beach:
#1 My favorite place is “Long House” it combines art and nature on a beautiful private estate, very relaxing and Zen. You will love the art, and beauty of the landscape, and you will love the quiet. They also have oversize chess pieces around 3 feet tall if you would like to play a game in your spare time.
(call for hours asap, and a reservation, as they limit the people walking through it)
Long House Reserve is an Affiliate Garden of the Garden Conservancy. 133 Hands Creek Road, East Hampton, New York 11937. Tel. 631.329.3568
1) Gurneys in Montauk have an indoor heated Salt-water indoor pool. It is a spa, but you can pay 18.00 and hang around the pool all day, there is also a hot tub there and a snack bar. If you want spa treatment, a massage or facial, etc, they can do that there also. (Call to confirm all this)
2) Whale watching in Montauk, there is a boat that goes out to watch whales from Montauk.
Montauk also has a Museum about early life in Montauk, the Montauk Indians, and it is haunted.
3) Have a seafood lunch in Gosmans (its not just seafood) the restaurant is under a tent with glass sides, so the sides are open and you can watch all fishing boats go back and forth, also in Montauk.
4) Walk through Sag Harbor, there are art galleries and antiques shops.
5) Sag Harbor has a whaling museum
6) Go to the lighthouse in Montauk, there is a museum there and you can climb to the top of the lighthouse.
7) Outlet shopping in Riverhead
8) Riverhead also has a Fish Museum and an aquarium
9) There are a few video stores around if you want to rent movies.
10) Southampton has many galleries and a museum about the beginning of Southampton.
11) You can watch the boats go through the locks in Southampton, as there is a 6-12 foot difference in the water levels from the ocean to the bay.
12) Pick the weekly, 'Dan's Papers' (free) and 'The East Hampton Star' and the Independent (free)....they will tell you what is happening this week....or put it up online.
13) Walk through Amagansett, art galleries and stores.
14) Amagansett also has a marine museum.
15) Walk through East Hampton, also has a few art galleries.
16) In the beginning of East Hampton across from the duck pond and library, are a few house museums. They recreate life here in the 1600’s, they also have events there this weekend. “Home Sweet Home” was written there.
17) Designer House tour, different designers usually decorate a mansion, look in the papers, its usually 25.00 a head.
18) Go to Main Beach, from house, go straight through EH, do not turn, go straight to beach
(on the way back get lost in that neighborhood, huge houses that are only used on weekends in summer. Martha Steward, Paul McCarthy, Bon Jovi, Sara Jessica Parker, The house with the old crazy Jacqueline Kennedy aunt and cousin (movie is at house “Grey Gardens”))
Below are all by the house.
19) You can rent kayaks in the “Springs” behind the general store. (get a two person kayak, use life jackets.)
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 2016 - Mar 31 2017
4 night minimum stay
Apr 1 2017 - May 13 2017
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.