Unique Loft Apartment in Girona with Extraordinary Views(32 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Apartment, 1 Bedroom + Loft, 1 Bath, Sleeps 4-6
140 square meters of peace, quiet and splendid views of the Girona Cathedral and its gardens, and only a 5 minute picturesque walk to historic Girona old town. This loft features one separate bedroom with queen bed, one queen bed within loft space and a comfortable sleeping couch for 2 children or one adult. Very large and elegant bathroom with large walk-in over-the-head shower, and a fully modern kitchen and dining room with splendid views and large balcony/loggia. Tall brick vaulted ceilings, wood floors and spaciousness characterize this New York/Berlin style loft, it is truly a fantastic living experience. You will never forget the peacefulness and incredible views from this hip and stylish loft!
A 100 square meter (1,076 square feet) rooftop terrace is also available, complete with breathtaking views, barbecues, tables and chairs, 'chill out' area and a large bench to take in the views.
Keywords: loft, quiet, elegant, views, proximity, terrace, spacious, beautiful
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2005
- On floor 1
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 6, Beds for 5-6
- Queen size Beds (2) One queen in the separate bedroom and one queen in the loft area., Twin or Single Beds (1) This is a long and very comfortable bed which I have attached to the sofa, appropriate for an adult., Child Beds (1) This is the couch portion of the couch/bed (I created my own version of the 'L' shaped couch!) and makes a very comfortable bed for a child....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- 1 VERY large bathroom which I have designed to serve several guests at the same time. It has a large, walk in shower area with window and changing 'room', a stylish toilet room with sink, mirror and side table, and a large open room with sink and large countertop, mirror and window, stacked washer and dryer and 3 floor to ceiling closets. Ample towels, sheets, blankets, comforters, hair dryer, etc., it's all there for your comfort....moreless
- The modern kitchen and island are open to the dining area, allowing for guests to relax around the island and even help in food prep. Both share truly spectacular views through the magnificent sliding glass doors to the balcony, to the green gardens of the Girona Cathedral. The bathroom is also very large, with separate toilet room, very large walk in shower, and large sink and counter area. 5 people can easily be in the bathroom at the same time, attending to different functions! There is also plenty of storage. The views from every window of the loft apartment are sublime. This loft is a first floor walk up, no elevator. The 100 m2 terrace is on the 3rd floor and has 2 large tables, plenty of chairs, a Weber bbq and built in sink, faucet and shower and most importantly, the most spectacular views of the Cathedral, the Sant Feliu church, nearby mountain ranges and on a clear day, the Pyrenees. ...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Monument View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Clothes Dryer
- Dishes & Utensils
Everything you need even for entertaining. Plus most kitchen staples such as flour, sugar, vinegar, oil, salt/pepper and other spices/herbs, jam, paper towels, check cupboards before shopping!...moreless
- Deck / Patio:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 3 guests; add $11 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning fee $42.87
- Refundable Damage Deposit $321.52
There may be an additional fee for heating with long term winter stays.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
My property is located in the most prestigious area of Girona, the Valley of Sant Daniel, just minutes behind the Girona Cathedral. A 5 min. walk (truly!) to the west along the river and you arrive in the heart of Girona´s medieval old town and the Cathedral, featuring many restaurants, outdoor cafes, shops, cinemas and even our Sunset Jazz Club. A 5 min. walk (truly!) to the east along the river, and you come to the XI century Monastery of Sant Daniel, beautifully restored and home to nuns of the Benedictine order. Another 5 min. walking and you enter the beautiful countryside and mountain of Sant Daniel, with paths for walking, hiking, mountain biking and picnics. There are steep rock paths to mild walking paths, leading to fabulous viewpoints, castle and fort. There are also restaurants for enjoying typical Catalan cuisine and grilled meats. It is amazing that this is all available in just minutes from old town Girona!
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: I am an artist and contractor/decorator originally from St. Helena, CA. I moved to Girona 18 years ago. I have also lived 3 yrs. in NYC, where I photographed home interiors for Maison Jardin and Vogue Internationale and 14 years in Rome, Italy where I worked as an artp photographer. I am also a painter, printmaker, sculptor and videographer. I love to travel, practice Tai Chi and Qi Qong, read, cook, and ride my bike, which is also a daily form of transportation for me. I´m a people person and enjoy the opportunity vacation rentals bring to make new acquaintances and often friends.
Why the Owner Chose Girona, Province of Girona, Spain:
This is the most sought after location in Girona. It is a 5 min. walk to the Old Town (truly), but also in the other direction, a short walk to the most beautiful countryside and mountain paths and forests. Sant Daniel is living in the peaceful countryside while being minutes from downtown shopping and night life in Girona. Believe me when I say that it is always a challenge to sleep in the Old Town due to the noisy nightlife and even the proximity to the church bells. I lived in the Old Town for 10 years and loved it too, but it really is so much quieter and peaceful here in Sant Daniel. And the views are splendid all year long.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
It is great to be able to walk just minutes to some of Girona´s best restaurants, bakeries, ice cream and organic yogurt shops and cafés. You can enjoy a typical Catalan breakfast of fresh orange juice, café con leche, toasted farm bread with olive oil, jamón or manchego and/or pastry in one of my favorite bars outdoors in a pedestrian plaza just 3 min. from home. The loft is wonderful in it´s own right, but combined with the amazing location and breathtaking views, the whole experience is truly unforgettable. I have a very high percentage of return guests -- be sure to read their reviews of my property!
- Primary: +34 656499808
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from office to living room to dining room to balcony to Cathedral gardens.
Large, open bathroom area with walk-in shower and separate toilet room.
The VIEW of Girona´s Cathedral and gardens complete your dining experience!
Spectacular chill out area, terrace and views!
Fully equipped kitchen with extraordinary views and easy access to loggia/balcon
View of Cathedral and Sant Feliu church from the 1,076 sq.ft. terrace!
View from the loggia!
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 06, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM