3 bedroom, 4 bed (1 suitable for a child), 6 sleeps (5 adults + 1 child)
- english, italian
About Ludovica Cundari
I have a degree in Philosophy at the University of Rome and I love to combine culture, good food and good wine!
Ludovica Cundari purchased this Villa in 2015
Why Ludovica Cundari chose Campagnano di Roma
You will fall in love with the stunning garden!
What makes this Villa unique
L'Olivella is a place where you can enjoy the tranquility of the countryside, just thirty minutes from the center of Rome; where you can relax in the pool after a day of shopping, a location that just allows you to escape from the chaos of the city without having to go too far
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Beautiful property close to Rome, with superb garden and pool.
Our family of four had a wonderful week at this lovely house. The gardens and pool area are amazing. Olimpia comes every day to water and clean the pool and is full of good advice about the house and area. Even although it was August there were still many flowers and the figs on the tree were ripe, as were the wild strawberries. The grounds are large and enclosed by an electric gate which makes one feel quite secluded even although the house is off a main road into the town. The house is right by the pool. The pool is fantastic and there are plenty of loungers and lilos. It is shared with a second smaller house down at the end of the garden. The inside of the house is full of artistic treasures and has a very spacious ground floor. The upstairs bedrooms are quite small and very hot in August. The bathrooms are very smart and modern. The kitchen is cool and on a lower level, leading out to a large terrace area with dining table.
The local town is not particularly exciting but there are other places to visit not too far away. There is a large amount of information available in the house. We particularly enjoyed Anguillara and Calcata and we visited Rome twice on the train which was relatively easy. Altogether highly recommended.
A stylish and typically Italian house set in beautifully landscaped gardens
I have just returned from a 4 week stay at this stylish property set in lovely gardens and olive grove with a great swimming pool; the photographs don't do it justice. The property is very clean, well maintained and well equipped with everything needed to make your stay comfortable, a fully equipped kitchen and a choice of 3 dining areas, depending on your mood! I was efficiently supported by Olimpia who looks after the property and helped with anything that cropped up and gave helpful advice on places to visit. Would recommend a car to get around to some of the local places of interest - there's a lovely lake and lakeside villages just over 15 minutes drive away and its only a 35 minute drive into Rome. The local road systems are pretty good and there's plenty of places for food shopping nearby and some good small local restaurants too. This is not a tourist area but close to a typical old Italian town. Would highly recommend this property.
Beautiful villa, pool & gardens in the hills less than an hour from central Rome
We stayed for 2 weeks during mid July, 2016. 2 adults with 2 children, aged 13 & 2. We loved it. The photos don't do the house and grounds justice. It's much larger and more beautiful than portrayed.
We stayed during a very hot period. The house has no aircon, which was the only drawback, but there were fans. The owners were wonderful and couldn't do enough for us. They even paid to upgrade the TV so that we good watch Andy Murray win Wimbledon!
The area next to the house was perfect for relaxing towards the end of the day. It had sofas and soft chairs. A large parasol provided great cover. There were also plenty of beds and parasols around the pool.
Overlooking the pool is a large, covered area with table and chairs. We had breakfast there each morning and several evening meals. The villa is on a hillside and provided fantastic views in the early morning during sunset.
Rome is only a 45 minute drive and we had no problem parking at that time of year. The owners were very helpful with directions and suggestions.
We had a fantastic time and would wholly recommend this villa.
Paul & Michelle Lewis
In addition to the sights and beauty of the "Eternal City", we suggest you also visit some interesting places that are in the surrounding area of Campagnano:
- The Shrine of Sorbo dating from the fifteenth century and immersed in the naturalistic park of Veii (5 km);
- Lake Martignano (approx. 7 km), is an important natural reserve, famous for the opportunitiesof outdoor recreation and for its intrinsic beauty. The sports activities offered are horseback riding, cycling, trekking and of course swimming!
- The charming medieval village of Calcata (approx. 6 km), also known as the country of the artists, because in the old town have settled many art shops;
- For golf's lovers, at only 15 minutes from our villa there is the Official Italian Golf's Federation in Sutri, a picturesque town, rich in archaeological remains from the Roman era;
- The renowned Lake Bracciano (7 km) and the villages surrounding it: Trevignano, Anguillara, Bracciano with its famous castle "Odescalchi”.
- The ancient town of Viterbo (30 km), known as the "City of Popes", which also boasts beautiful surroundings, among which Villa Lante in Bagnaia and the park of Bomarzo;
- For engines lovers, nearby (about 1 km far) there is the famous racetrack of Vallelunga, one of the most important in Italy where you can watch the motorbike and car's race, try on the track your own car or partecipate at the course of "safe driving".