This authentic, hand-made log cabin boasts
of a Rustic elegance.
Our spacious yet intimate lodging is romantic for two, and can comfortably accommodate 4 fourAdults or a family of six... yet when adjoined to the other side gives an open, roomy floor plan that can open up sleep up to 8 Adults comfortably. (see homeaway #941357 to view connecting side of our log cabin)
The mountainous, cavern charm downstairs
is augmented by vaulted, lodge-pole ceilings upstairs.
The antique wood burning stove gives the warmth
of yester... year ambiance.
IF CALANDER IS FULL see : HomeAway #941357 mirror side of same log cabin...that can be rented individually
or opened together to double size
… The playful yard invites barbeques, volleyball, horseshoes, croquet, badminton, frisbee golf, laying out or enjoyable cozy chats nestled amongst the tall pines, lilacs, quaking aspens and fruit trees ...while capturing a glimpse of the lake.
This one of a kind, old-fashioned, hand-made, log cabin... has more luxurious emenities than a modern home.
Nestled near the lake's edge, our log cabin is perched on the historical site of the original post office
of South Lake Tahoe during the 1800's, (horse hitch still visable).
Completely renovated/restored and furnished just over a year ago.
2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2-story, log cabin ''Duplex'' (sleeps 1-4 persons) and can double in size, sleeping up to 8 Adults comfortably
if opened up together...for larger reunions, retreats and celebrations).
This spacious 3,000 sq. feet (1,500 sq. feet per side) log cabin is set on over an acre of pine treed lot. A quaint, charming, warm, authentic log cabin duplex that offers the ambiance of old fashioned lore, with modern amenities...Sweet oven/stove for the cook of the house, coffee maker/bean grinder, Blender, ice-cold water dispenser with crushed ice maker, full-size washer and dryer and iron, 'picnic style' charcoal barbeque, outdoor picnic table with chairs and umbrella. It boasts a vaulted ceiling with huge timbers and rustic log banisters augmented by plush/pile (retro 70's look and feel) green shag carpeting with an antique wood burning fireplace/stove. Natural granite counter tops with marble sinks.
Both shower and tub cascade from rock walls surrounded by natural slate floors. Over-stuffed leather furniture augmented with tanned-hide log-lamps, pine and antler lighting, and hand-made by local Indians furnishings with a 48'' flat screen TV, local and long-distance phone and DVD/DVR/ expanded cable/movie channels and on demand and wireless internet service and netflix ready. Each side: has four luxurious (4) queen-sized beds adorned with hand-made quilts, as well as two (2) queen-sized pull-out couches...with A glimpse of the lake from the yard's edge.
The log cabin is ideally located a block from Lake Tahoe's Regan Beach and boasts for outdoor enjoyment and relaxation. Regan park borders the lakes edge displaying a walk path, playground, volleyball court and food hut. Only Blocks from a scenic bicycle path weaving through meadows and woods along the beach.
Set 1 mile from casinos, 3/4 mile to Heavenly Valley Ski slopes, (Tahoe's largest), 1/2 mile from shopping, groceries, bank and post office, and 1/4 mile from Eldorado Beach and boat launch, inside pool and ice-skate rink, and only 3 1/2 miles from famous Camp Rich (band concerts Wed-Sunday) pier/restaurant/bar (bands and classical concerts) and extended beach along Washoe indian historic site.
1. The property is located at:
3140 Sacramento Ave., side #1 (lakeside)
South Lake Tahoe, California, 96150
2. You will be given a 4 digit 'Key' code upon your
completed booking that will
be your 'Key' for the duration of your stay.
3. If emergency or cleaning/on-site manger needed:
Call Wendyl: ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN))
or Laurie (Owner): (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).
4. The property is furnished linens on beds and towels above washer/dryer
... use what you need and leave the rest.
* Important to strip beds (used) and towels (used)
and place atop washer
Please start 1 load of towels/sheets)
5. 4 guest 'Maximum Occupancy':
'$10 per guest extra (children under 12)
6. Term of the Lease: The lease begins
at 3PM p.m. on Check-in Date
and ends at 10AM on Check-out Date
* Note: cleaning company charges $45 for late check-out fee(URL HIDDEN) so if there is need for 'late' check-out please arrange with cleaning ahead
7. Minimum Stay: This property requires 2 night minimum stay
8. Rates: Are listed on homeaway site.
9. Guest shall allow owner/manager/maintanence on property
when deemed necessary or emergency...notice will be given
10. Please read cancellation policy:
55% refundable if cancellation is 30 or more days in advance.
100% non-refundable 29 days or less.
Both cases if cancellation is over 8 days... owner may be willing to rebook
11. All cancellations due to Conditions beyond owner’s control
are weather, natural disaster, snow, fire,
road conditions… etc.
Guest agrees to abide by Rental Rules at all times while at the property Log Cabin Rules:
up to $500 charge to credit card if log cabin rules are broken
1. BAGGED TRASH(no loose trash) must be brought TO CURBSIDE
‘Bear Container’ by 7AM TUESDAYALWAYS left latched closed (to protect from strayed animals)
2. No EXCESSIVE noise: Neighbors complaints will cause IMMEDIATE
loss of your stay (at your own expense NO REFUNDS)
3. No SMOKING
4. No PETS
5. All Dishes must be washed and put away
6. Empty dishwasher
7. Clean out refrigerator and freezer and cupboards of food
8. Put ALL furniture and furnishings back to where you found them
9. Take out trash before leaving
10. Park in ‘designated area’ on black-topped driveway…
note: cars parked on street side may be towed by city.
11. No EXTRA over-night guests
12.There will be a charge for "excessive cleaning" and “excessive mess”
by cleaning company
13. Upon end of stay departure):
1. Turn heat to 55
2. Take out ALL trash ‘bagged’ into outside ‘Bear container’…(URL HIDDEN)latch closed
3. Close blinds (upward) and curtains
4. Turn off ALL Lights and counter Appliances, (unplug christmas lights)
. Your personal possessions or any missing or broken property of owner
is not covered by owner.
You man obtain or choose to purchase Renters Insurance
as we are not responsible for any broken or missing items.
. Cleaning/management inventories after each guest stay.
* Please note extra charges out of Security Deposit by Extraordinary Cleaning and Management, $55 Excess Trash (beyond one container)... take away your excess trash $55 extra charge - Cleaning Holidays (3 days before and 3 days after(URL HIDDEN) $45 Late check-out fee, $55 Excess dirt and cleaning, $35/hr. for excessive mess left by renters (photos will be provided, $ ? for missing/broken /or lost furnishing (depending on damage/loss)